Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither do I. Thank you.

This excuse seems to come up quite often when the suspect is simply evil. Perhaps a sociopath but I highly doubt he was abused.

Many who have done these kind of heinous murders weren't abused. Many of them had been pampered with material things provided to them in excess.

Jmo
Entitlement comes to mind!

I agree that you are absolutely right about the current, (home invasions), way crimes are committed. And we will see more, I absolutely agree. I sadly think it is a great method. I don't think a lot of people realize how at risk they are in the safety of there own homes if a thief,killer, robber, kidnapper and so on wants to commit a crime or victimize a household. The unexpected .....sure way to get the upper hand and secure the goods.

I agree that home invasions are becoming more common and increasingly violent. Whether we live in a society with an entitlement mentality, or not. And I agree, that most of these invasions are strangers.

I remember going to Brazil in 1975, and our friends lived in a gated community with guards! It seemed like Brazil was so dangerous! Now, gated communities with guards are commonplace in the United States.

True, but it won’t matter here.

Not with two murders, a kidnapping, and various other crimes.

Take into account all the mitigating factors you want, the choice will still be the same:

Life without parole, or life without parole.

His life will be over, as it should be.
Agree. I don't think it will matter in a case like this short of specific programs he might be ordered into or where to put him. I was responding more to the fact that these things aren't viewed as "excuses" in the justice system as they are considered. Glad I'm not doing his PSI lol. High profile cases are a lot of pressure.

LE need to let the cadaver dogs out to sniff this property.

I can almost gaurentee HRD dogs were brought to the property, both inside the home & the property. If there were any finds, we would have heard by now. I’m going with zero findings of human remains.

I personally don’t believe this guy has murdered anyone prior to the Closs parents. The million dollar question- why?

Something that I haven't seen mentioned that I think is an important part of this as well. I give a lot of credit to the deputy that pulled over JP and arrested him. It appears they did not wait for backup and did this all on their own. Here you are pulling a person over you know has murdered 2 people/kidnapped a 13 YO so they don't have a lot to lose. Granted they have bullet proof vests but if he had a shotgun laying on the seat who knows what could have happened. They had no idea whatsoever if JP was armed or not. I think it was a very brave action on the part of the deputy to arrest the perp alone. We just take these arrests for granted but when dealing with a person like this with nothing to lose I think it shows and incredible amount of courage and bravery on the side of the deputy that made the arrest. Thank you deputy!
I'll second that praise! Glad you brought that up.

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to everyone on here who has been so helpful in trying to figure out this case! This community has been incredibly uplifting during Jayme's disappearance and rallying around her in her return. With this case dying down there are many more children in Wisconsin who are still missing and need just as much help. In the link is 51 still missing, let's help find them!

Something that I haven't seen mentioned that I think is an important part of this as well. I give a lot of credit to the deputy that pulled over JP and arrested him. It appears they did not wait for backup and did this all on their own. Here you are pulling a person over you know has murdered 2 people/kidnapped a 13 YO so they don't have a lot to lose. Granted they have bullet proof vests but if he had a shotgun laying on the seat who knows what could have happened. They had no idea whatsoever if JP was armed or not. I think it was a very brave action on the part of the deputy to arrest the perp alone. We just take these arrests for granted but when dealing with a person like this with nothing to lose I think it shows and incredible amount of courage and bravery on the side of the deputy that made the arrest. Thank you deputy!
Excellent post!!!

Many have read the news links right here about what you have describe.

It heartbreaking to know how inhumanely he treated her.

Imo she had no shoes of her own. She was barefooted when he kidnapped her and he kept her that way the entire time. Imo

I also recall she was wearing leggings and very small socks. I wonder if those were the same she had been wearing for 88 days.

JMO this type of crime will become increasingly commonplace, like school shootings....

What threw many off their 'theories' was the idea of the violence being 'personal'....it wasn't & in future that will be the case: it's violence for it's own sake, and nothing else

Welcome to the fruits of 'modern' society....
No, it's always been around. First ones I thought of was Charles Starkweather and Caril Ann Fugate. JP isn't the first and won't be the last. Whatever happens in the future has roots in the past.

I can almost gaurentee HRD dogs were brought to the property, both inside the home & the property. If there were any finds, we would have heard by now. I’m going with zero findings of human remains.

I personally don’t believe this guy has murdered anyone prior to the Closs parents. The million dollar question- why?

Yes, because of his age (21) and he was caught, he didn’t have the opportunity to commit more crimes. It is likely if he wasn’t caught and we look 20 years down the road, he might commit a similar crime, possibly more than one more time.

Despite trying to understand him (which I think is important) I believe he is a dangerous person that the public should be protected. He will get life in prison, I think, and hopefully will speak to his motive. Jayme might have some info to share, as well, when she is ready.

Wow! This is absolutely true. I was thinking about this as well. He was alone right? Very brave indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769