Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becky's School of Dance says Jamey attended classes in their facility.
There's also a place called Tactical Escape 101, a gaming facility in the same center.
Maybe

Becky's School of Dance

Google Maps

Wow, the fact that Tactical Escape 101 is in the same building as her dance school is interesting.

The website describes Tactical Escape 101 as a multi-player game that people can sign up for individually or with groups of people they know. They enter a room and work together to escape. Players can pick ones that are frightening or just challenging.
They have a facebook page with pictures of the players. All just normal folks-- looks fun.

If he wasn't a loner, perhaps this was something he did with friends, or to make friends.

Great post. Very nicely said..all of it. A sad but true reality. Also a joyful reality that Jayme survived and she is now safe.

Thank you. It truly is a such blessing and wonderful miracle for Jayme.

I hope in the future when she is able to somewhat heal from the trauma she will realize she has been given a chance to have a beautiful life although forever changed. I think she will always rely on her parents undying love and she knows more than anything they want Jayme to be happy.

I'm sure she will always feel their presence surrounding her with love.

She has a purpose in life and has been given a second chance that most victims in her situation never had.

I think with her deep faith Jayme will believe it too and will make her own positive mark.

Imo more than anything Jayme wants to live her life the way she knows her parents would want her to live. This is the way she can carry on their legacy.

Imo

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I think it's similar to the question of whether viewing *advertiser censored* leads to the objectification of women and a propensity for sexual assault. Researchers say it does not. However, it is known that those who have a propensity to objectify women and sexual assault often access *advertiser censored*.

In this case, the brazen blitz attack on a rural family with a shotgun, shooting all adults and grabbing the girl, does have a violent game feel to it. Violent gaming could normalize the steps and actions for someone with a propensity to abduct a child to follow through with a plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know the distance she traveled when she met the dog walker? how far did they then travel to the house they called 911 at? I know it was 8 minutes and that she wasn't able to walk fast as it was slippery.
Is the dog walker a resident or a vacationer? Where is her house.
The dog walker is a part timer that had arrived at her home on Thursday for a few days with her husband. The area Jayme walked out from was heavily wooded and she had no coat and oversized shoes which I am guessing were the perps. They walked a short distance to a home who had full time residents I believe and they called the police.

I thought that she attended Christine's Dance Studio or am I wrong that this is a pretty verified fact from early on?

Now that I have finally caught up on the pages some (very busy which shows how thrilled people are and a good thing), what is the Haugen connection and where does it come from?

The dance studio to my knowledge is in Rice Lake. Where does a restaurant come in or Haugen? Mikana, Haugen, Brill and Canton can (or used to) come up as a Rice Lake address. It used to be if you had a PO # at the small towns just mentioned, it would come up to the small town, but if you had a street address delivery it will come up as Rice Lake.

I can easily believe there may be a Haugen connection but have not seen the basis for any restaurant or dance studio connection there. Can someone fill me in? It sounds as if people are saying the dance lessons were in Haugen?

Just wondering.

Thank you.

Wonder if Patterson started watching Jayme when she was going to school in Cameron, when she stopped attending school in Cameron,that may have fueled the rage/temptation, maybe her move pissed him off and made the hunt to find her more intriguing...the school year had barely begun when the crime took place ..just a thought..

Do we know the distance she traveled when she met the dog walker? how far did they then travel to the house they called 911 at? I know it was 8 minutes and that she wasn't able to walk fast as it was slippery.
Is the dog walker a resident or a vacationer? Where is her house.
There is a good overhead picture of the 3 houses here. According interviews the dog walker said she was at the end of her drive that is in between the JP's, house an the K's house that she took Jayme to. The dog walker is only a part time resident and was only there for the weekend.
'The will of a 13-year-old girl is what broke this case': Cops praise brave Jayme Closs | Daily Mail Online

One really does wonder about JP. I’ve spoken to my friend (MP) who lives in Gordon year round & lives almost next door to the JP house. He rarely saw him except when he stole gas from him. As of late, the only time he saw him was the day before Jayme escaped. Said JP actually waved at him... No one in Gordon seems to know much about JP except his former teacher. Have any of his “friends” reached out? I’m interested to know who these people were that were coming & going...
After all the LE presence, MP says he’s barricading the end of his driveway. I don’t blame him. 50+ cars in your driveway & up around the ‘circle’ could be a bit disturbing And then there’s the phone...
MP - who does not DO the internet, didn’t even realiz his name is now all over SM - I broke the sad news.
Thanks for the local perspective.

The dance FB page states Jayme had been a student of theirs (posted the day she escaped). Looking at posts on their page, though, on July 13, 2018, the owner posted they were closing indefinitely, and I don't see any posts after that that they had reopened. So if he did find her through her dance studio, it would have had to be July or earlier that he initially saw her there. IMO

The dog walker is a part timer that had arrived at her home on Thursday for a few days with her husband. The area Jayme walked out from was heavily wooded and she had no coat and oversized shoes which I am guessing were the perps. They walked a short distance to a home who had full time residents I believe and they called the police.
THank you, I must have missed that she came out of the trees. I thought she was walking down the road.

BBM
Respectfully, that is not a proven fact nor do I agree with that.

Neither do I. Thank you.

This excuse seems to come up quite often when the suspect is simply evil. Perhaps a sociopath but I highly doubt he was abused.

Many who have done these kind of heinous murders weren't abused. Many of them had been pampered with material things provided to them in excess.

Jmo

I read today that her husband was not with her which was one of two reasons I believe she took her on that 8 minute walk to the other neighbor's home. First, hers was too close to the perps and isolated and 2nd she knew the other area would have more people around. I forget the article but it also said she was ready to grab them and dive for cover if anyone came upon them while getting her there...

I read today that her husband was not with her which was one of two reasons I believe she took her on that 8 minute walk to the other neighbor's home. First, hers was too close to the perps and isolated and 2nd she knew the other area would have more people around. I forget the article but it also said she was ready to grab them and dive for cover if anyone came upon them while getting her there...
Yes, she knew it was Jayme and said she was afraid and knew they needed to get to safety quickly. Smart thinking and quick acting lady IMO. And brave doggie too. :)

Neither do I. Thank you.

This excuse seems to come up quite often when the suspect is simply evil. Perhaps a sociopath but I highly doubt he was abused.

Many who have done these kind of heinous murders weren't abused. Many of them had been pampered with material things provided to them in excess.

Jmo

In some cases, material things in excess but maybe not enough attention. Or they had an overload of both and either way think only their needs and wants matter and no one else does.

I have been thinking about the Menendez brothers for some reason. All we can use is our instincts but those boys were never abused and came across as fake as all get out. Can I know that for sure? Of course not, but I do not buy it and never have. It was a defense.

New to the thread... does anyone know whether there was an internet connection between the two? Wondering, since there didn’t seem to be any other outward connection.

Wonder if Patterson started watching Jayme when she was going to school in Cameron, when she stopped attending school in Cameron,that may have fueled the rage/temptation, maybe her move pissed him off and made the hunt to find her more intriguing...the school year had barely begun when the crime took place ..just a thought..
I agree, I have wondered and posted that her school move could have made perp angry because it cut off his possible access to her (from afar)

Yes, she knew it was Jayme and said she was afraid and knew they needed to get to safety quickly. Smart thinking and quick acting lady IMO. And brave doggie too. :)

Everything went so well--it could have went so wrong. The woman deserves loads of credit. She could have hustled her right back to her own house but as I read it, her husband was not with her. She went for the area she knew with more homes and people. The fact she asked her and got his name and a vehicle description, amazing as well, and that he was pulled over. She did not dig asking her questions but asked what was necessary. I am so in awe over that.

If he had been watching the family for awhile, wouldn’t he have picked up on a time when Jamie was there with only one parent? Why would he choose a time where he had to kill both parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa