Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Patterson's father wept openly, as the charges against his son were read out in court today and bail set at $5 million.

Patterson was not present but appeared via videolink. He sat impassive, dressed in orange prison jumpsuit as the charges were read. His father's shoulders rocked with tears at the sight of him.

Asked if he had been appraised of the charges Patterson answered a strong, 'Yes sir.'

As the first charge was read - that of intentional homicide - Patterson's father, Patrick, let out an anguished wail.

In contrast his youngest son sat impervious. He looked down, following the wording of the complaint as the judge read aloud.

Man charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs and murdering her parents sits emotionless in court | Daily Mail Online
His son, the cold-blooded killer. Imagine that the dad is also reacting to the info that while he was visiting his son on some Saturdays, Jayme was hidden under a bed in another room. Just unbelievable that JTP had visitors, family over like he was living a "normal" life....like he was the damn king of some country, hosting guests while prisoners were coincidentally in the dungeon and going about his business as if no big deal. JMO

I am confused about something. Denise and Jayme were in the bathtub hiding and Denise had her phone..why didn't she say something? Too scared or too quick..wonder why??
Terror.

It’s not uncommon for people experiencing tremendous fear, to lose the ability to speak.

This happened fast too, and this was the stuff of nightmares.

The door is locked, and a monster is forcing his way in. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she didn’t even manage to dial 911.

Yeah, when I saw the full complaint and his whole "confession" I thought for sure we had a plea already. Maybe they are trying to figure out behind the scenes if they could even try to get him out of it and/or how? I have no idea, honestly. I'm still hoping for a plea.

What is the incentive for him to negotiate for a plea? What? He can get ice cream for dessert on Sundays for the rest of his life? Not gonna happen.

He is a major loser, and is probably loving the notoriety. Big man with a shot gun, home invasion, evades police for months...he is probably going to relive this for decades as his "big moment". And he was completely "in control" of his slave. (Of course, that is his head trip, it is obvious Jayme was just waiting to run). He thought he had her too much in fear to escape.

Our justice system needs an overhaul. This case is a slam dunk. Bench trial, no more press, fast track to prison. The case of Nubia Barahona continues to bother me, 8 years still no trial. Over 900 pages of evidence. The killer was found with two children, one dead the other one, almost dead. What more is needed?

Same with this guy. Lock him up, throw away the key.

Shouldnt it legally be locked up?

“While federal law only requires locking firearms that are being transferred or sold, some states have set their own laws for locking up in the home. Massachusetts is the only state that requires all guns be secured in a locked safe while in the home.“

Gun Storage Laws Aside, Lock Up Your Firearms | Fort Knox Vaults

Keep in mind this guy is an adult and again there is no criminal or violent history that we know of. Yes he’s weird, but again I’m not sure his parents or anyone would ever think that he would have done something like this?

Agreed. The whole "I passed a random maybe Ford Taurus, maybe maroon, while on my way to an undistinguishable 911 call in a county where horrific crimes don't happen" probably only came up long afterwards. I suppose they could have released the information, but how helpful would that have been?

There are people in the area who knew there was trouble in that family. Perhaps someone would remember the Ford Taurus and call it in like the thousands of calls I imagine they got on the vehicles they asked for.

Perhaps there would have been a correlation with a sex offender brother. Who knows.

We all are.

It’s hard, if not impossible, to comprehend how someone is able to do something like this.

It’s nothing new though, and he ain’t special in this regard. There are lots of people like him.

I only hope at some point we work out a way to predict or prevent such violent crimes by understanding how these individuals end up this way.. That is totally probably not realistic but whatever can be learnt and applied should be xx

Just to add to that, Wisconsin can collect DNA for misdemeanor convictions as well. I think they are one of the few states to do so. Imo
read that. Amazing! I've learned some pretty positive things about the Wisconsin justice system between this case and another. BTW, my original message should have been clarified to say "results" aren't analyzed unless an arrestee was arrested on warrant OR if not until they have had a probable cause hearing. MY brain is in overdrive today trying to keep up lol.

What is the incentive for him to negotiate for a plea? What? He can get ice cream for dessert on Sundays for the rest of his life? Not gonna happen.

He is a major loser, and is probably loving the notoriety. Big man with a shot gun, home invasion, evades police for months...he is probably going to relive this for decades as his "big moment". And he was completely "in control" of his slave. (Of course, that is his head trip, it is obvious Jayme was just waiting to run). He thought he had her too much in fear to escape.

Our justice system needs an overhaul. This case is a slam dunk. Bench trial, no more press, fast track to prison. The case of Nubia Barahona continues to bother me, 8 years still no trial. Over 900 pages of evidence. The killer was found with two children, one dead the other one, almost dead. What more is needed?

Same with this guy. Lock him up, throw away the key.
Even hardened criminals dont like this type of crime. Wait till he gets in the big house

It states in the complaint that he said he burned her clothes in the wood burning stove. I also believe it said that he shot Denise after Jayme was removed from the tub. I don't think she had any blood on her.

Thank you.

I had to stop reading most of it. It was just too hard.

Although she was still in close proximity to her mom wasnt she? A shotgun does such horrible explosive damage and that's why I thought he wanted to remove her clothing and destroy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500