Daughters Make Tape Of A Drunk David Hasselhoff

White Rain

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18478304/

LOS ANGELES - A videotape made by David Hasselhoff’s daughters shows the recovering alcoholic falling off the wagon, Hasselhoff acknowledged Thursday, but the actor added that he is doing much better since it was made.
The video, which aired Thursday on TV tabloid shows, depicts an apparently inebriated Hasselhoff, clad only in blue jeans, lying on the floor of a room and clumsily eating a hamburger while one of his daughters reproves him about his drinking.
“I am a recovering alcoholic,” Hasselhoff said in a statement issued Thursday. “Despite that I have been going through a painful divorce and I have recently been separated from my children due to my work, I have been successfully dealing with my issue. Unfortunately, one evening I did have a brief relapse, but part of recovery is relapse.
“Because of my honest and positive relationship with my daughters, who were concerned for my well-being, there was a tape made that night to show me what I was like. I have seen the tape. I have learned from it and I am back on my game.” (more at link)

hmm- damage control or honesty? Hard to tell with him.

Wonder if his daughter's made the video available to the media? If so, what was their real motive?

Wonder if his daughter's made the video available to the media? If so, what was their real motive?

Who knows- they are probably just sick of him being a drunken jerk!

I agree. Very smart to show it to his eyes only. Very sad to parade it to the media. Have to wonder who manipulated his daughter's into releasing this.

I agree. Very smart to show it to his eyes only. Very sad to parade it to the media. Have to wonder who manipulated his daughter's into releasing this.

I agree with you 100%. Taping their dad and showing the tape to him only, may have caused him embarrassment and a return to a center for abusers. BUT showing the video to millions on national tv.....I have to question their motive.

Poor hoffy was hungry and not very fussy.

According to reports on various "entertainment news" shows, their father asked his daughtrs to video him and show it to him.

According to reports on various "entertainment news" shows, their father asked his daughtrs to video him and show it to him.
I'm sure he didn't mean to release it to the media. I smell Debra Opri all over this one. Personally, I think it's just wrong.

This is ridiculous. What next,all celebrity kids will now be taping videos and phone calls for all the faults of their parents? Who cares,everyone in all paths of life have issues to face.

I'm starting to think it's part of a career dying celebrities ploy ..."even bad press is better than no press at all".

It's all so very Hollywood,and very pathetic.

This is interesting to me in light to the Baldwin tape. It seems that both pieces of media (this video and Baldwin's tape) were released or allowed to be released by daughters who witnessed their father's bad behavior.

Hoff seems to be getting more sympathy than Baldwin and that's probably because watching your Dad rolling around on the floor drunk seems less harmful than hearing your Dad rage at you. But I think many children of alcoholics would disagree. I know I would.

This is a common enough request made by addicts to family members when the family is in treatment for the disease. More often than not, a using addict has NO idea the effect he/she has on others....such is the self-centered nature of the disease.

As the child of an alcoholic, I know of the practice of making a tape of the addict to show them their actions while drunk or high, and their effects on everyone around them.

That said... I think it is ABSOLUTELY appalling that this tape has been made public. This tape has gotten caught up in the middle of their ugly divorce, and I feel that it's being used against him in the wrong way.
(Never thought my life would come to defending D.Hasselhoff)

This is interesting to me in light to the Baldwin tape. It seems that both pieces of media (this video and Baldwin's tape) were released or allowed to be released by daughters who witnessed their father's bad behavior.

Hoff seems to be getting more sympathy than Baldwin and that's probably because watching your Dad rolling around on the floor drunk seems less harmful than hearing your Dad rage at you. But I think many children of alcoholics would disagree. I know I would.
So is it your opinion that Baldwin's 11 year old daughter chose to make the tape public and called TMZ to air it?

well,the tape is a disgrace to Hasselhoff for sure--being stupidly drunk in front of his 11 year old daughter and then whining that he's "lonely" is pathetic--World famous multi-millionaire cares more about himself than his own kids--He's obviously not responsible enough to have his kids visit him alone--geez,from Mel Gibson to Michael Richards to Alec Baldwin to David Hasselhoff--They are all immature asses

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back