Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geeze... what bondsman would take this guy... also, when he ends up in the joint I think he'll find the boys in general population to be very supportive and understanding...

Even if he found a bondsman he would have to come up with 10% which is $500,000 and be able to put up $4,500,000 in collateral and even with his parents help I don't see that happening. MOO

Dear heavens, the randomness of this targeting will give children and parents the willies for decades... if Dean Koontz had written it you wouldn't have believed it. "Jayme saved herself", indeed... truer words were never spoken, Sheriff! An extraordinary young woman with lionhearted bravery and strength of will. 88 days...! I don't even want to think about that part, and yet I will; because if Jayme stood it for that amount of time, I can certainly stand thinking about it a few minutes to honor her brave spirit.

Dean Koontz DID actually write it.It's called INTENSITY and it's about a perp who breaks into a family's home in the middle of the night. He kills the family and abducts the daughter. The crime was totally random-he became aware of the daughter's existence when he, as a sheriff, pulled over her father for speeding and her picture fell from his wallet while he was showing his license.

I worry that he will plead NG and let it go to trial for the attention HE will receive. The fact that he shared so thoroughly every single detail within the time frame he's been in captivity (4 days?), makes me believe he enjoys the limelight and is relishing in what he believes are his accomplishments and good planning. JMO
Respectfully I think JP is made very uncomfortable by attention. He seems to have avoided it most of his life to the point of isolation. I think he is terrified of being in the spotlight. I wouldn't be surprised if he accepted a plea deal because of that. JMO

He said he coasted down the driveway with his lights off, but didn't JC say she saw the car coming down the driveway after the dog woke her up? And how could he coast down the driveway, it was uphill from the road, wasn't it?

I’m really interested in the possibility of other attempts or failed attempts. In the document released today, JTP indicated he had went to the Closs home two previous times, with the intent to carry out his plan. One time there were a lot of cars there. The other time lights were on and people were seen awake inside. Makes me wonder if he had others in his crosshairs...

Another thought that came to me as I was typing this. He didn’t pull off his crime until his 3rd attempt. Makes me wonder if this really was his first crime. He had to have things “perfect”. The family being awake was not in his script.

No answers, just a hmmm.
BBM
Do you think he was hoping to just break in and take Jayme at gunpoint?

The 911 call... they state that he would turn the music up real loud so she didn't know that he was gone. The fear she must have felt, even that day, to try and escape. What a incredibly strong girl.

I'm in awe of Jayme's bravery and strength. She's a hero. To endure all that horror and take a chance trying to escape. She saved future victims of this monster.

Respectfully I think JP is made very uncomfortable by attention. He seems to have avoided it most of his life to the point of isolation. I think he is terrified of being in the spotlight. I wouldn't be surprised if he accepted a plea deal because of that. JMO
We can hope. He does seem to prefer to remain physically out of the picture. It still amazes me how detailed an account he gave of his crimes.

$5 million bail ay? I realize it's too high for him to make but wouldn't you rather see no bail? I know I would.

Surely his family would not dare post it...they would be run out of town, imo. And he can’t, imo. But still do not understand why bail was even a factor. Is it legal in WI to allow no bail? Will have to check...as I can’t imagine a crime that would “top”this one.

Also...jmo but the WS banner should read “Jayme Closs Escaped” not “found alive...”

Yes and not just black tape but black "gorilla tape" From experience, that stuff is tough, it is hard to even rip with bare hands. I can't recall but did the complaint mention a knife?
Dang, that was one messed up weirdo.
Yes, plus he originally had Denise tape Jayme's mouth and hands but grew frustrated that she wasn't doing it right or fast enough. He said he brought a kitchen knife with him IIRC.

we have to teach our families about these psychopaths. or test kids for it in HS. no one recognized it in him - teachers, friends, classmates, etc. but they can be detected and they should be screened. This is the most chilling, horrifying case bc no one could have stopped him, unless he got intervention (or identification) for being highly antisocial as a teen.
Someone on the Chris Watts thread suggested a book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker. I haven't read it yet but my daughter is reading it now and she said it has taught her a lot. I believe the signs are there. We just need to know what to look for.

Does anyone think a mental evaluation will be done on the perp?

Wonder if he has asperger's?

Even if he is proven to be on the spectrum....he still needs to be held accountable for his crimes. Definitely wondering how this case will be presented next month..

I don’t know. You’re right, he did spend his entire life in a form of isolation.

But he also likely saw himself as an unrecognized nobody. He’s famous now, or infamous.

He may finally see himself as somebody, and revel in the fact that he is now well known.

He committed a crime that everyone is talking about, and seems to have communicated a level of arrogance and pride as he told law enforcement about this crime.

He might be enjoying this.

Right. They were headed towards an emergency situation (a situation they were unclear of). There would have been no reason for LE to have stopped the maroon car. A) they had other, pressing, matters at hand (to see what was wrong at the address that had called 911) and B) they didn't even know that a crime had been committed for sure, much less that they should be looking for fleeing vehicles. It's not against the law to be out driving after midnight.

All true...none of which explains why the public never heard about a Taurus...esp if it was the only car they, or some of the responders, passed en route, as I read someplace.

Great point. Does it seem odd to anyone else that he didn't seem overly concerned about being seen or heard by anyone ie cars passing, neighbors?
Well, he must have been somewhat concerned because he abandoned his plan twice because of too many lights and people around.
By the time he fled, he was likely so pumped up with excitement and adrenaline he probably didn't have much time to think about it. Although he must have had some control because he yielded to LE as they drove by. But he did say he was prepared to shoot them if necessary. Maybe he considered himself the main character in an action movie. Imo

From the last thread, looking for poster name to credit in progress:

Notes:

“So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.“

Adding to the list of discrepancies, things that turned out to be different then initially reported (please feel free to correct me if I’ve gotten something wrong, I know you guys will :) ):

1. Door was kicked in.
False, the door turned out to be shot in.

2. No vehicles were seen in the area.
False, the maroon car was seen.

3. Only went a few feet in.
False.

4. Any thing else?

I wonder about these for future reference if these were purposeful fibs for reasons including weeding out false confessions, etc, or if there were other reasons (battery is dying darn)-my interest in analyzing these discrepancies is strictly based on wanting to know everything from an investigative standpoint, how everything all went down, etc, what was going on behind the scenes, etc now that Jayme is safe and the perp is in custody.

LE was right about the perp being there for just a few minutes...

It's understandable. There was a call placed to 911 with some noise and the word help. I've never heard of the police stopping vehicles they see on the way to a call. And as I read here earlier, had they shown up a minute earlier, JC may well have been shot too. Fortunately she's back with loved ones now.
I do not think JP was going to shoot JC under any circumstances. The police...oh yes. He would have shot them if he could or felt he had to. Of course, Jayme could have been hit in the crossfire.

“So they knew he had gone into the house... I don't understand the purpose of claiming he'd only gone a few feet in.“

Adding to the list of discrepancies, things that turned out to be different then initially reported (please feel free to correct me if I’ve gotten something wrong, I know you guys will :) ):

1. Door was kicked in.
False, the door turned out to be shot in.

2. No vehicles were seen in the area.
False, the maroon car was seen.

3. Only went a few feet in.
False.

4. Any thing else?

I wonder about these for future reference if these were purposeful fibs for reasons including weeding out false confessions, etc, or if there were other reasons (battery is dying darn)-my interest in analyzing these discrepancies is strictly based on wanting to know everything from an investigative standpoint, how everything all went down, etc, what was going on behind the scenes, etc now that Jayme is safe and the perp is in custody.[/QUOTE]

In general they said no real evidence, when it appears they had some, did he buy duct tape before hand ?? I would think that would’ve said not random instantly ??

I think fbi was involved day 1 and likely thought could be family or local squabble so say incorrect things and see if we catch a slip up, percentage tells u it’s family or local.

This is outlier... thankfully rare..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member