Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on the Chris Watts thread suggested a book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker. I haven't read it yet but my daughter is reading it now and she said it has taught her a lot. I believe the signs are there. We just need to know what to look for.

Jmo parents are the last ones to believe that anything is “off”with their offspring...

Here in Canada we are to STOP in both directions. Although, if it was same in the U.S., I doubt the vehicle in question would've been stopped anyways for disobeying the road rules as LE was busy heading to the 911 call. Unfortunately.

In New York state we have to pullover, both directions, for any emergency vehicles when their lights are flashing.

Respectfully I think JP is made very uncomfortable by attention. He seems to have avoided it most of his life to the point of isolation. I think he is terrified of being in the spotlight. I wouldn't be surprised if he accepted a plea deal because of that. JMO
I disagree, although only based on the videotape of him from the hearing today. He didn't strike me as nervous at all, in posture or speech, and he held his chin high, which I read as defiance. MOO...

Well, he must have been somewhat concerned because he abandoned his plan twice because of too many lights and people around.
By the time he fled, he was likely so pumped up with excitement and adrenaline he probably didn't have much time to think about it. Although he must have had some control because he yielded to LE as they drove by. But he did say he was prepared to shoot them if necessary. Maybe he considered himself the main character in an action movie. Imo

I think he felt that way throughout the planning stage...he clearly lives in his own sick world and probably has done so for years. Pulling this off made him feel invincible, imo.

I think it’s more common than we know for parents to really struggle with a teen/young adult who’s either unwilling or unable to follow the “normal” pathway to adulthood. It makes me wonder if his inability to do so is what seemingly (based on current info) led his family members to separate/move away from him one by one.

It’s obviously a whole different story if the family was seeing more obvious signs of trouble/violence/abuse. That is what I’d like to see made more clear. Did everyone walk away from this guy because he was just unable to conform to expectations, or was there was an element of fear involved.

Imo.
Yet, someone in that family paid his bills.

BBM
Do you think he was hoping to just break in and take Jayme at gunpoint?
I think his plan was to take her with as little disturbance as possible. But I think its blatantly obvious per his own words that his main focus was leaving no witnesses. I believe he was not expecting the dog barking and James C to confront him as soon as he walked up. It's only my opinion, but I believe he would have rather got in and got out undetected. And we will likely never know the real answer bc JTP is the only one who truly knows what he was thinking. MOO

Surely his family would not dare post it...they would be run out of town, imo. And he can’t, imo. But still do not understand why bail was even a factor. Is it legal in WI to allow no bail? Will have to check...as I can’t imagine a crime that would “top”this one.

Also...jmo but the WS banner should read “Jayme Closs Escaped” not “found alive...”
Agree, she was definitely the "action hero" of the day and deserves an active verb -- she courageously escaped, etc!

I don’t know. You’re right, he did spend his entire life in a form of isolation.

But he also likely saw himself as an unrecognized nobody. He’s famous now, or infamous.

He may finally see himself as somebody, and revel in the fact that he is now well known.

He committed a crime that everyone is talking about, and seems to have communicated a level of arrogance and pride as he told law enforcement about this crime.

He might be enjoying this.
I wonder though, how he feels when face to face with his parents. Or with Jayme’s family. Is there a reason he was on video today? Perhaps he is a little coward when having to deal with the adults in the room.

I think his plan was to take her with as little disturbance as possible. But I think its blatantly obvious per his own words that his main focus was leaving no witnesses. I believe he was not expecting the dog barking and James C to confront him as soon as he walked up. It's only my opinion, but I believe he would have rather got in and got out undetected. And we will likely never know the real answer bc JTP is the only one who truly knows what he was thinking. MOO
He pre-cleaned and wiped off the shotgun shells.... IMO, that was because he intended to use them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther