CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering how much snow is on the ground in the area of Fountain Colorado and Midway Landfill?

So...I get online this morning to see KB May be in a landfill. So sad.
A few questions please.....
1). How is a search done? Several people covering a grid going through each piece of trash with their hands?
Or
2). Is there some modern form of maybe laser or X-ray or drones or dogs that can can find missing body parts?

I ask because I first imagined them having many people sifting through trash. Having been to a landfill, it’s the most sickening smell one could ever imagine and you never want to go back. Surely there are modern techniques used today?

So...I get online this morning to see KB May be in a landfill. So sad.
A few questions please.....
1). How is a search done? Several people covering a grid going through each piece of trash with their hands?
Or
2). Is there some modern form of maybe laser or X-ray or drones or dogs that can can find missing body parts?

I ask because I first imagined them having many people sifting through trash. Having been to a landfill, it’s the most sickening smell one could ever imagine and you never want to go back. Surely there are modern techniques used today?
see my post above on Lori Hacking search.

The flyer says they have electronic security, but who knows what kind or how good it is.
It says they have electronic security cameras at the gate, but there's a lot of area around the place that has no cameras. Additionally, they have a problem with illegal dumping and nearby residents have requested LE help with it.

Ok, so this might turn out to have nothing to do with KB's case. And they probably won't get to it for a few days so we won't hear whether it is or isn't.

If it is someone's talking, like KK. But why is this info coming from her so late? They have been interogating her since before christmas?

My guess is they have come down to the wire with her and her attorney. You want this deal, we need more- you just haven't given us enough. We need the body. JMO If this search is even related to the case.

Maybe they found a receipt during a search & only now thinking the LF is a possibility.
Maybe they found he was in that vicinity, doing farrier work.
Camera footage, in the vicinity?
KK had no more reason to talk in December than now, imo. Well, morally yes, yes she did. What we know of her so far leads me to consider her amoral.

Thanks Mom24. This landfill doesn't take Teller Co trash. So Kelsey's trash wouldn't be there.

Midway Landfill provides safe and convenient disposal services for communities, businesses and industries serving El Paso County and Northern Pueblo County
Edited: Buggers, realized what you were saying is that they aren't looking for her trash, they're looking for her. D'oh (insert headslap)

As soon as I saw the article about the landfill, for some reason my mind went immediately back to something that always bugged me.

In the picture of Frazee’s home, there are 2 large green trash cans in front of the house/front porch. One is clearly newer (or at least appears newer due to brighter shade of green). It may very well be completely irrelevant, but it just strikes me whenever I see the photo. (If he used a trash can to dispose of body or evidence...and then needed to replace trash can, which could have originally been part of a matching set.)

*On the other hand, there are lots of benign reasons for two trash cans to be different colors. So, it could mean nothing at all.

See 2nd photo in article for reference.

Missing Mom Case ‘Suspicious’: Investigators Search Home Of Kelsey Berreth’s Fiancé Patrick Frazee

Hearing about a landfill search never sounds good, but hopefully, in terms of evidence and justice...it ends up being a very good thing.
off the topic but jeepers, trash cans ~10ft from front door. that's classy. even if ma F had walking problem.

Here's a case where a body was found in a landfill two and half
months after her death. LE used rakes and cadaver dogs to
go through trash.

Lori Hacking's Remains Found in Utah Landfill
33 days and 4,600 tons of trash. Sounds like a long, drawn out process of unpleasant work. If they do end up searching the landfill in CO they must have pretty good reason to suspect something significant is there.

Question.
Are landfills open on Thanksgiving Day? I would think not.
In that case, what did he do with her body for 24 hours?

ETA: I can’t see him placing her in a local dumpster. I would think he would take her with other trash and dispose of her personally.

Question.
Are landfills open on Thanksgiving Day? I would think not.
In that case, what did he do with her body for 24 hours?
This landfill was not open that Thurs on Thanksgiving and it's not open on the weekends.

I am wondering how much snow is on the ground in the area of Fountain Colorado and Midway Landfill?
Today it is clear with a high of 54 degress F, Rain turning to snow predicted for Thursday. Typical snow in CSprings is treacherous conditions for the morning commute which will dissipate before that planned luncheon in the park. The Colorado native winter uniform is cutoff shorts and a winter jacket.

In the CB interview when she was talking about getting Kelsey's face and picture out there, 'someone has seen her'. 'She works long shifts, she commutes, all the way to Pueblo, which means more people must have seen her.' Did PF tell her something in their phone call about her going to Pueblo maybe? Could this be why they are looking in Midway facility who takes trash from Pueblo? I always thought it was odd how she said that, like it was relevant.

Agree that it's so high risk, hard to imagine him transporting her body out to the truck in broad daylight.

If he or anyone crept back in the night/earl morn’ hours, it seems someone would recall seeing a truck or strange vehicle there. People are up late, we let dogs out, walk, step outside for a smoke. Not every resident on her street was gone or in bed at dusk, I doubt. Would day be more suspicious or in the middle of the night?
Who knows.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members