MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
706f21f7-ccf8-471d-b8fc-db5515cf3428-large16x9_48350172_1056979691141419_3795295744290717696_o.jpg

The event will be Tuesday, Dec. 18 at Peach Tree Landing from 5-8 p.m.

The family described the event as follows:

"The Christmas season is about hope: a hope in Christ, who provides for an eternal home where we are finally all together again in peace and harmony. We will gather...to remember a piece of our family we have been missing for 5 long years. We hope you will join us to remember your loved ones as well. This night is not just about Heather, it is about our community. In the same way you have all gathered and stood faithful to our family in our time of need, we want to give back. This is a time and place to join together in celebration of our loved ones who we will spend Christmas separated from. Whether you are separated by distance, deployment, time, or death; it is the time of year we find most difficult to be apart. Let us choose to change our perspective and look to a future time when this will no longer be a problem. We will celebrate the best gift of all, eternal life in Christ. Come and write your loved ones' name on a luminary at the landing and help us celebrate the hope and peace of Christmas with the light of their love and memories. We will focus on the promise of Emmanuel (God with us) and have a "different kind of Christmas" this year. We will encourage each other by sharing the love, comfort and strength we ourselves have received from God and each other. If you aren't able to make it to the event, light a candle at home or post a candle picture online, and include your loved ones name. Know that we will also be praying at the vigil for you and yours."

Family of Heather Elvis to hold annual HELPP event

The Elvises are a class act. Polar opposites of the Moorers. Very unnerving.

Happy New Year Everyone!! Here is to hoping 2019 will bring more answers to the Elvis family and the location of sweet Heather! ... ((( hugs to everyone )))

Ditto. Happy New Year to you too and everyone who has followed the cases here involving the M's.

Im still glad at least one of them went down for their crimes and now we are waiting for justice to catch up to the other one.

Im still surprised he has not flipped to get some sort of plea deal to save himself from an even longer prison term than he already has right now. There is still time and we will have to wait and see if he decides to do the right thing and tell all he knows.

Ditto. Happy New Year to you too and everyone who has followed the cases here involving the M's.

Im still glad at least one of them went down for their crimes and now we are waiting for justice to catch up to the other one.

Im still surprised he has not flipped to get some sort of plea deal to save himself from an even longer prison term than he already has right now. There is still time and we will have to wait and see if he decides to do the right thing and tell all he knows.

I hope Sydney paid attention to how Tammy had no problem pointing her finger at him during the fraud case and insinuating he was the only one responsible. I'd say It's time to tell what really happened.... It's clear Tammy will throw him under the bus in a heartbeat.

Not sure which thread to put this in, but it is live now

LIVE: Sidney Moorer's defense attorney and the prosecutor in his case are appearing in a Charleston County courtroom. Watch live here: https://bit.ly/2RBGY6V

WMBF News

it's Sidney's court appears on kidnapping and conspiracy:

Man facing charges in Heather Elvis disappearance expected to appear in court

I'll copy these posts over and we can discuss here:

**MISTRIAL** Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #3

Can anyone explain to me what in the world I am watching here and what they are in court for? Judge Dennis is a rambler.

I dunno, I'm assuming it's some preliminary hearing in anticipation of a new trial for Sidney for Kidnapping/Conspiracy?

Maybe we'll get a new trial date today! *wishful thinking*

Kaitlin Stansell‏ @kaitlinstansell
Heather Elvis’s parents have just arrived, Horry County senior asst solicitor Nancy Livesay is also here and Sidney Moorer’s public defender James Galmore.

Sidney Moorer’s attorneys are asking his kidnapping charges not to go to retrial for at least another year.

It has come to the state’s attention that a potential witness in this case, Sidney Moorer’s mother, believes she attended high school with and may be related to Judge Markley Dennis.

The state says they are ready whenever, but they would like to try this before next January. Nancy Livesay says this is one of the oldest cases the solicitor’s office has

Kaitlin Stansell (@kaitlinstansell) | Twitter

Judge Markley Dennis suggests the attorneys look at their schedules for August. It seems the retrial will still happen in Georgetown as previously decided.

Judge Markley Dennis says he did know Sidney’s mother, but would have no trouble being fair and impartial. “I don’t have any problem with it but certainly I respect anyone who thinks I might.”

“There are some things about the criminal trials, you don’t realize...there are some unique aspects to criminal trials” Judge Markley Dennis

Moorer’s attorneys are asking that he be moved from Lee Correctional to J Reuben Long as they go through discovery.

It will take at least six months — if not a year — before Sidney Moorer faces trial on kidnapping and conspiracy charges in connection to the disappearance of Heather Elvis in 2013.

His attorney James Galmore said he would need a year to review evidence before he would be ready for trial. Galmore was officially appointed on Friday to replace attorney Kirk Truslow in the case.

The state objected to the 12-month delay.

Judge Markley Dennis said the case would not be heard before summer and asked the attorneys to look at their calendars for a possible August or September trial date.

Here is when Sidney Moorer could face trial in connection to kidnapping of Heather Elvis

Judge Markley Dennis says he did know Sidney’s mother, but would have no trouble being fair and impartial. “I don’t have any problem with it but certainly I respect anyone who thinks I might.”

“There are some things about the criminal trials, you don’t realize...there are some unique aspects to criminal trials” Judge Markley Dennis

It is utterly ridiculous he is not recusing himself!!!

Sidney's mother believes she either went to school or is related to Judge Dennis!?!?!?

Between the handshake with Sidney at the end of his mistrial, Dennis' disdain for the prosecution, and this (is it a school friendship or relation?!?), he really needs to step down.

How long did Tammy's trial last? What if Sidney's trial starts in September and the judge becomes "senile" in the middle of it? Give it to another judge I say, all that waffle about passing the buck to another judge makes me think twice about him because he tries too hard to justify himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard