PA PA - Lower Turkeyfoot, WhtMale 25-50, 170UMPA, expensive clothing, gold box chain w/crucifix, Nov'95

Mr.Williams, the link to the article doesn't work for me.

Any other ways to see the sculpture?

I think the image is dead.

However, here is a link to the flyer which contains the sculpture by Frank Bender/other renditions.

Also here is the computer generated image created by the Pennsylvania State Police.

83_170UMPA.jpg

Seems to me perhaps he might have been involved in some kind of illegal activity. Having his teeth knocked out, but then replaced with a "high quality" partial, the expensive clothes, etc. Sounds almost like mob/drug/something. Getting teeth knocked out and then years later getting shot in the head sounds like you're associating with the wrong type of people. As much as I hate to speak ill of the dead and unidentified, I wonder if that's why he's remained an UID. Fear of making a missing persons report?
Agree. Immediate thought was “mob hit”.

Run his DNA against Ancestry and get a familial match. Most likely from New York is my wild card guess.

I think the image is dead.

However, here is a link to the flyer which contains the sculpture by Frank Bender/other renditions.
So that sculpture looks vastly different from the computer generated image. Much older, but very italiano!

That's what initially got me interested in this case as I'm a big fan of organized crime/mob history. I was reading UID cases one day and this one stuck out at me, and I couldn't find much info on it which made it frustrating.

The initial link to Ronnie Gibbons was interesting as well and a story in its self.

Last edited:
Run his DNA against Ancestry and get a familial match. Most likely from New York is my wild card guess.

Could def be from New York imo? As it's an easy trip down the turnpike from up there. However, he could have very well come from any area within a 5 hours drive. Ex. Philadelphia, Pittsburgh/Youngstown, or even Cleveland/Detroit- those cities also have a strong mob presence as well.

The UID could also be from outside the US as well which is why they have had such a hard time identifying him.

Ex. During the Ronnie Gibbons case, the had a hard time identifying him since his DNA wasn't in any American database as he was a British citizen.

Last edited:
Now I'm second guessing myself. When you read this article about some of the methods used in Mob disposal (shivers), it doesn't quite line up with this Doe.

Sometimes, Mob Victims Have Plenty of Company

If they didn't want him found, it seems he would have been disposed of more like what is mentioned in the article I linked. If they didn't want him identified, they would have taken steps to insure that. If they wanted to leave him to be found as a warning to others, he wouldn't have been left in such a remote location.

So as I type and think aloud, this seems much more amateur. Could have even been a prostitution/robbery scenario with fatal consequences. I would be interested in knowing what large conferences were within an hourish distance during the estimated time frame. It could possibly lead us to something, even though that's a long shot.

That's what comes to mind after dwelling a bit more.

As always, just an amateur speculation and opinion.

I remember seeing this guy profiled on AMW and almost falling off my chair because of the resemblance to the recon(s). Joseph Quartieri was only 5'3" so probably not him but I called it in to PSP anyway. As I recall, when I called, it was a new investigator on Turkeyfoot JD's case and I never heard back. These days, Quartieri is no longer on the US Marshall's list of fugitives. I also couldn't find him in federal inmate locator or any obits for him so it's anyone's guess what his status is today.
Nassau jailbreaker still wanted 30 years later

Attachments

• Quartieri, Joseph 2.jpg
    Quartieri, Joseph 2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Quartieri, Joseph Fugitive.jpg
    Quartieri, Joseph Fugitive.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Turkeyfoot JD 170umpa.JPG
    Turkeyfoot JD 170umpa.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 170UMPA.jpg
    170UMPA.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 13
I remember seeing this guy profiled on AMW and almost falling off my chair because of the resemblance to the recon(s). Joseph Quartieri was only 5'3" so probably not him but I called it in to PSP anyway. As I recall, when I called, it was a new investigator on Turkeyfoot JD's case and I never heard back. These days, Quartieri is no longer on the US Marshall's list of fugitives. I also couldn't find him in federal inmate locator or any obits for him so it's anyone's guess what his status is today.
Nassau jailbreaker still wanted 30 years later

Personally, I don't see the resemblance as the UID's face appears longer and he appears taller. But that could just be me.

When did you call this in if I can ask?

Now I'm second guessing myself. When you read this article about some of the methods used in Mob disposal (shivers), it doesn't quite line up with this Doe.

Sometimes, Mob Victims Have Plenty of Company

If they didn't want him found, it seems he would have been disposed of more like what is mentioned in the article I linked. If they didn't want him identified, they would have taken steps to insure that. If they wanted to leave him to be found as a warning to others, he wouldn't have been left in such a remote location.

So as I type and think aloud, this seems much more amateur. Could have even been a prostitution/robbery scenario with fatal consequences. I would be interested in knowing what large conferences were within an hourish distance during the estimated time frame. It could possibly lead us to something, even though that's a long shot.

That's what comes to mind after dwelling a bit more.

As always, just an amateur speculation and opinion.

I mean it's possible but even the police noted how out of line it was for just a "normal" killing.

Plus from what I've seen on Google the area where this John Doe was discovered is very isolated. Heavily wooded and well off a road "not maintained" in winter according to the flyer.

Furthermore, if this was related to organized crime there is a good chance the killing could have been farmed out since the mob has been known to do that. Ex. when John Gotti was assaulted in prison the hit was farmed out to the Aryan Brotherhood to carry out.

Also, I was wondering earlier if the JD had been at the Somerset location for longer then predicted?

I wonder if this individual had anything to do with it?
Richard Kuklinski - Wikipedia

He was still active up until the late 1980s and fits his M.O. Plus it fits in with the era of clothing our UID was wearing.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't see the resemblance as the UID's face appears longer and he appears taller. But that could just be me.

When did you call this in if I can ask?

Yes, UID was taller - by a good 5 inches. That's why I thought probably not. I called it in back in 2008.

Yes, UID was taller - by a good 5 inches. That's why I thought probably not. I called it in back in 2008.

I was looking at a list of mafia member outcomes from the early 1990s, do you think it could be David Stuart?

Rick Porrello's AmericanMafia.com - Mob Hits, Misses, Disappearances, and Deaths In America

GARMENT TRUCKING EXECUTIVE WITH TIES TO MOB VANISHES | JOC.com

Or even more far fetched Steven Aiello even though there is no resemblance to the reconstructions.
Steven Aiello – The Charley Project
Rick Porrello's AmericanMafia.com - Mob Hits, Misses, Disappearances, and Deaths In America

Another one to consider-Steven A. DiSarro

I would be interested if anyone could fit a picture of David Stuart. He kind of fits the description-problems/associations with organized crime, wealthy etc.

I was looking at a list of mafia member outcomes from the early 1990s, do you think it could be David Stuart?

GARMENT TRUCKING EXECUTIVE WITH TIES TO MOB VANISHES | JOC.com

Or even more far fetched Steven Aiello even though there is no resemblance to the reconstructions.
Steven Aiello – The Charley Project

Another one to consider-Steven A. DiSarro

I would be interested if anyone could fit a picture of David Stuart. He kind of fits the description-problems/associations with organized crime, wealthy etc.
Do you have a photo of David Stuart? I read the background and he certainly sounds like a candidate. Keeee-ripes. Scary stuff. If I were to stereotype, then recon doesn't look like a "Stuart", but of course we know we can take strongly after one side of the family or another. Given the snazzy clothes, it does kinda align with the garment biz theory.

Opinion and speculation only

Do you have a photo of David Stuart? I read the background and he certainly sounds like a candidate. Keeee-ripes. Scary stuff. If I were to stereotype, then recon doesn't look like a "Stuart", but of course we know we can take strongly after one side of the family or another. Given the snazzy clothes, it does kinda align with the garment biz theory.

Opinion and speculation only

No, I don't-I found a few articles about him stating that he was missing but no photo of Stuart. I guess I could contact NY LE during the week to see if they have one.

Given what you said though-the time frame(Fall 94-Summer 95) also aligns with his disappearance. Somerset PA is also within a 4-5 hour drive from NYC too.

No, I don't-I found a few articles about him stating that he was missing but no photo of Stuart. I guess I could contact NY LE during the week to see if they have one.

Given what you said though-the time frame(Fall 94-Summer 95) also aligns with his disappearance. Somerset PA is also within a 4-5 hour drive from NYC too.
I'll keep digging and see if I can find a pic...

Timing for Stuart is iffy. He disappeared March 10, 1994 and presumably was killed then. Time of death for UID is between Oct '94 and June of '95. The remains were laying on top of leaves that had fallen in fall of '94. So where was Stuart, dead or alive, during those 7 months?

22 Mar 1994, 384 - Daily News at Newspapers.com

Attachments

• David Stuart NYC.JPG
    David Stuart NYC.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads