Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that horror of a 'CC':

"Detective Hagen reports there were some tread patterns visible in blood that was in the entry way just inside the main door of the home next to James’ body. Detective Hagen reports the tread patterns appeared to be from tactical type boots."

So they kinda fibbed on that part also :)

ETA: structure of sentences
^^^ Yes. This!

What? They said they realized a child lived there because the school bus stopped there. Until Jayme’s aunt moved, Jayme was not brought to and from school by the bus.

They said both. We discussed this at length early on. Neighbors gave contradictory statements by first saying they didn't know a child lived there and then saying they saw her getting off/on the bus. If you go back to the early pages you'll find many posts discussing this contradiction.

<modsnipped off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very interested to know how long Jayme was outside in the woods before she saw Jeanne Nutter. They said she was very cold. I wonder if she waited in the woods before taking a chance to move. It was said that he sent that application at around 1 from moms house and Jayme met up with jeanne around 4. All of it happened so close in time from her rescue to his being caught.

Do police ever release what they catch on dashboard cams? Do you think they will release the maroon Taurus caught on tape (if it actually was caught on the cam) as evidence if this does go to trial ?
Still catching up for the day. I would think they’d have to release that if this goes to trial (really hope it doesn’t).

ETA: not HAVE to, but it could benefit the prosecution me thinks.

Last edited:
A) Denise was found in the bathtub, and the bathroom door was broken in. The bathroom is in the rear of the house. A lot further than 5'. They knew this.
How much farther than 5 feet do you think it would have been to the hall bathroom,? The house is not that large and I don't think he meant a literal 60 inches.

B) If you step in a pool of blood enough to nearly slip in it, how on earth would you continue without leaving any sort of print at all? Did he get that lucky that he dragged her through his path to effectively eliminate all traces of a print?
He only stepped in it from the entry where James was. He shot Denise while she was in tub.

C) If you want to keep this information from the public, why not just decline comment? Why state things that are now obviously untrue?
See My previous up in blue bold.
C)
I think the Sheriff was walking a very fine line between saying nothing at all and people's growing anger and concern and releasing some information that was basically true. He didn't come out with the perp going in 5 feet and no dna no prints until much later. I'm going to have to give Sheriff F a big benefit of the doubt here,

I saw a few times when it seemed he was clearly uncomfortable with responding to some questions. The pressure he was facing from the press, public and wanting to truly find Jayme and reunite her with her family had to be tremendous and I think he handled it well.

Okay, now do I have to give my badge back or not? LOL

It was disturbing to me, too. As if he had been reading some site on the internet where criminals discuss how to pull off the perfect crime and that's their term for the safety latch. Imo

I wouldn’t be surprised. Do we know if he went on the dark web: Tor? If he figured that out (I can’t figure it out, but I’m old), there’s a lot he could’ve been looking at. Of course, I assume LE would know about that by now.

Was this a mainstream media? I do remember that one mainstream media had said he went to his mother's that day, and I think I saw that he did an application the day of or the day before, but I don't recall the mainstream Media Link saying it was noon. Am I correct in all of this? I assume folks have seen the media on these to confirm? Thanks.

Ok here you go.
"Officials with Saratoga Liquor Co. in Superior, Wisconsin, said Thursday that they received an online job application from Patterson around midday on the day Jayme escaped."​
Jake Patterson applied for a job in Superior the day Jayme Closs escaped

I am very interested to know how long Jayme was outside in the woods before she saw Jeanne Nutter. They said she was very cold. I wonder if she waited in the woods before taking a chance to move. It was said that he sent that application at around 1 from moms house and Jayme met up with jeanne around 4. All of it happened so close in time from her rescue to his being caught.

We will need one of our timeline gurus to map out a sequence of events for this case. Along with a list of questions on the harrowing ending. To think that during the 'found' 911 call, JTP had returned home, discovered Jayme missing, and gone back out to look for her.....thankfully everyone was in their correct places to ensure this wonderful outcome.

always jmo moo mho :)

I think he knew there was nobody else in the house but the 3. I believe he did research them beforehand regardless of what he claims, and I think he always went in with the intention to kill JC & DC. He's a twisted sick one that would have continued on to others after he tired of Jayme. JMO

Agreed... he may have went in blind 24 hours after spotting jayme.... but I don’t think 2nd time
And almost certainly not the 3rd time.

I’d like to know when he first found out about moms marriage and name change...
Was it the same day he spotted jayme ?? Week before ??

Did he go through all the hair shaving/license plate stuff on tries 1 and 2.

After reading his resume I don’t know why we take anything he says at face value...

Hearing him describe the crime sounds more like he’s describing his first person shooter games, and walking through house clearing rooms, and focusing on headshots sounds exactly like a lot people talk with those games....it’s just the game... I think he played those too much and never left the house..

<modsnipped quoted post>

Talking about Jayme holding it for 12 hours. Don’t eat or drink. She is tiny so maybe harder to do it.

<modsnipped off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
]
I wouldn’t be surprised. Do we know if he went on the dark web: Tor? If he figured that out (I can’t figure it out, but I’m old), there’s a lot he could’ve been looking at. Of course, I assume LE would know about that by now.

We don't know. Tor, and other anonymizing programs, are easy enough to use though. Once you have the setup, it's as easy to surf the deep web as it is anything else. One can download the browser and be searching in less than 30 minutes.

See My previous up in blue bold.
C)
I think the Sheriff was walking a very fine line between saying nothing at all and people's growing anger and concern and releasing some information that was basically true. He didn't come out with the perp going in 5 feet and no dna no prints until much later. I'm going to have to give Sheriff F a big benefit of the doubt here,

I saw a few times when it seemed he was clearly uncomfortable with responding to some questions. The pressure he was facing from the press, public and wanting to truly find Jayme and reunite her with her family had to be tremendous and I think he handled it well.

Okay, now do I have to give my badge back or not? LOL

Totally agree. And your sleuthing, as well as common sense answers, deserve many more badges :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cLeopatra_