Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
See My previous up in blue bold.
C)
I think the Sheriff was walking a very fine line between saying nothing at all and people's growing anger and concern and releasing some information that was basically true. He didn't come out with the perp going in 5 feet and no dna no prints until much later. I'm going to have to give Sheriff F a big benefit of the doubt here,

I saw a few times when it seemed he was clearly uncomfortable with responding to some questions. The pressure he was facing from the press, public and wanting to truly find Jayme and reunite her with her family had to be tremendous and I think he handled it well.

Okay, now do I have to give my badge back or not? LOL
No, but you are under administrative review considering a demotion to a Charlie's Angels badge. :cool:

The reason I have an issue with all these clearly false statements isn't that I have some desire to randomly bash Fitzgerald or LE. It's actually more a way for me to express the frustration that I'm sure many of us feel about trying to help solve this mess. Let me put it this way - there's a saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. So we were all a bunch of blind squirrels in a forest we were told had nuts in it, but it was really just an empty parking lot.

If Jayme had not escaped as she did, none of us here would have ever figured any of this out at all. I have my doubts whether anyone anywhere would have figured it out.

We will need one of our timeline gurus to map out a sequence of events for this case. Along with a list of questions on the harrowing ending. To think that during the 'found' 911 call, JTP had returned home, discovered Jayme missing, and gone back out to look for her.....thankfully everyone was in their correct places to ensure this wonderful outcome.

always jmo moo mho :)
I believe it was truly divine intervention that brought everyone and everything together at the right time. It makes me smile.

<modsnipped quoted post>

<modsnipped off topic> Thankful that no liquids were being ingested at that moment. I appreciate your insight on this case. As well as many posts that make me smile. Thank you! MOO JMO IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
]

We don't know. Tor, and other anonymizing programs, are easy enough to use though. Once you have the setup, it's as easy to surf the deep web as it is anything else. One can download the browser and be searching in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks! As tempting as it is, I’m just gonna stay on this side of Tor.:p But, I hope we are told if they find evidence JP was on there. He might’ve been too paranoid to fool with it. jmo

No, but you are under administrative review considering a demotion to a Charlie's Angels badge. :cool:

The reason I have an issue with all these clearly false statements isn't that I have some desire to randomly bash Fitzgerald or LE. It's actually more a way for me to express the frustration that I'm sure many of us feel about trying to help solve this mess. Let me put it this way - there's a saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. So we were all a bunch of blind squirrels in a forest we were told had nuts in it, but it was really just an empty parking lot.

If Jayme had not escaped as she did, none of us here would have ever figured any of this out at all. I have my doubts whether anyone anywhere would have figured it out.
I feel you Dude, believe me I've lost sleep over this. :) I still want to know the floorplan and those ever eluding stairs, Haa!

Just happy it is one of the most rare cases that did end up with a missing child coming home verses the alternatives.

Thanks. It's interesting, if that's what they did. I've never heard of LE doing that before. I had not heard that LE locked it up, I didn't know that was possible, or that it could be done that fast. But if that's the case there must be a specific reason. Imo

When they confiscate a computer they never even turn it on. They make an exact bit-for-bit duplicate of the hard drive (or more likely several) and then keep the original secured. All investigation is done with the duplicate. This is because even turning on the computer changes the contents of the hard drive.
Source: I've had a couple semesters of computer security, and also had a discussion with a police detective about computer forensics re: a computer used by a possible SA.
I have not had the same background regarding facebook accounts, but extrapolating from my knowledge would indicate that if the account is potentially evidence, they don't want any information on the account changed, so they would lock it up. If they don't do that, for example, someone else could go on there and delete a post they had put on his wall. Or it's even possible that someone else might know or guess his password and go in there and delete things.
I would think locking up the account is something that LE could get FB to do for them with a court order.

U
I have wondered the same with regard to the taping and who did it. I, until we know otherwise, believe he did not want to put the gun down. I am sure Denise was a terrified shaking wreck and could not even manage the roll of tape, let alone taping her daughter and given her state of mind she probably did not seem as too much of a threat at that point and he felt it was safe to put the gun down and do the job himself. My God, I can you only imagine hiding in a tub behind a shower curtain when a monster breaks into the bathroom and rips down the shower curtain while holding a gun, that you know just killed your husband, is standing there in a mask, gloved and dressed in black. Sheer Terror.

It is truly the darkest, worse scenario imaginable. Who is he really? It seems he didn’t bond with others, had a lot of time on his hands, and had been planning this for a long time.

^^^ Yes. This!

When I first read that, it made sense to me that some info would be held back, unless a shoe print pattern would be identifiable by the public.

I think Jayme is just trying to evade talking about the details. Kind of like..it hurts, it's bitter...spit it out. JP loves talking about the gore.jmo
Great, glad he's all chatty because that's not going to go over well with his new neighbors in *prison*. So chat away sonny boy.

^^^ THIS ^^^ Sleepless nights trying to put the nuts in the proper holes. Then Jayme saved herself!

<modsnipped quoted post and off topic response>

People can do all kinds of things. Slow down their breathing with yoga practice. The mind is powerful. Jayme did all kinds of things to make it so she survived with her power and dignity

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very interested to know how long Jayme was outside in the woods before she saw Jeanne Nutter. They said she was very cold. I wonder if she waited in the woods before taking a chance to move. It was said that he sent that application at around 1 from moms house and Jayme met up with jeanne around 4. All of it happened so close in time from her rescue to his being caught.
One of my top 5 questions I'd like answered to!

When they confiscate a computer they never even turn it on. They make an exact bit-for-bit duplicate of the hard drive (or more likely several) and then keep the original secured. All investigation is done with the duplicate. This is because even turning on the computer changes the contents of the hard drive.
Source: I've had a couple semesters of computer security, and also had a discussion with a police detective about computer forensics re: a computer used by a possible SA.
I have not had the same background regarding facebook accounts, but extrapolating from my knowledge would indicate that if the account is potentially evidence, they don't want any information on the account changed, so they would lock it up. If they don't do that, for example, someone else could go on there and delete a post they had put on his wall. Or it's even possible that someone else might know or guess his password and go in there and delete things.
I would think locking up the account is something that LE could get FB to do for them with a court order.
Thank you Wrenny for always providing detailed information that is so accurate. If I'm questioning my own recall and see you on, I can always look to your posts to know if I'm on the right track or not.

Thanks. It's interesting, if that's what they did. I've never heard of LE doing that before. I had not heard that LE locked it up, I didn't know that was possible, or that it could be done that fast. But if that's the case there must be a specific reason. Imo

Many perp’s that I have read about on here have their FB’s shut down. I always think I should have screen shot the info.

Everytime I am surprised the FB is gone, but it is. I should have figured it out by now

Last edited:

If you have boot size and boot type , and bullet trajectory, could they not get to 6 ft perp with size 11 ft tactical shoe.

I realize that might compromise investigation... or risk jaymes safety.. but they had 0 leads... nothing.

Don’t think it woulda caused parents to turn in jake, I think police must have convinced themselves she was alive in town...dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes