Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Plus she must have driven a different way to get to the co-workers house, or she would have run into this while still daylight, on her way there, and probably avoided it. IMO

I think so. As I stated, she grew up in an area that continually deals with flash floods, a lot of people go missing in Harrison & adjoining Pendleton counties, after a rain event. It’s not like she would have been oblivious to the dangers. I never heard of flash flooding until I moved from MI to KY. Ironic, considering MI is 40% water & KY 3%.

But my eyes actually popped, when I saw this thread had been moved, after just a few hours away. I really thought we would waiting quite a while to learn what happened to her. I had come to see if there was any media at all, as I think it was posted that a local newsperson may have graduated with Emily? I guess there will be more follow-up now...

The creek crosses the road a ways out of town, it seems. The whole area could have been flooded of course, but it would seem to me that she would have gotten into trouble on the road where she was driving.

I question why she was so far away from home and not on a direct route to get there. Perhaps because it was dark, she had just come from a pizza/movie gathering/ maybe running late and just got confused. What could be a tragic tale of coincidences.
This is a screenshot of the flooding - taken from the video at the link below.

Screenshot 2019-01-21 18.32.50.png

Emily Wade's body found, Ennis Police confirm

Family was requesting boats for the search yesterday, concentrating on Chambers Creek and Cummins Creek. I wondered if that was just to rule it out or if they had a tip.

Same here zecats! I thought the exact same thing. Today they suddenly wanted small flat bottom boats and possible Kayaks. Search is on for the car. Must not have been any tire tracks or ruts leading off the road near where she was found. Waiting on more information.

No problem. The media (or LE) gave out incorrect information as far as I can tell.

This had the appearance of a missing/lost person case, so I don't understand why information was so limited to the public.

That is my biggest complaint, in my years following missing persons cases...LE being all secretive instead of frank with the public early on, when maybe they could help. It is almost always too late by the time LE starts releasing bits of info...due to fading memories of the public or just too late for the missing person. Jmo

I think so. As I stated, she grew up in an area that continually deals with flash floods, a lot of people go missing in Harrison & adjoining Pendleton counties, after a rain event. It’s not like she would have been oblivious to the dangers. I never heard of flash flooding until I moved from MI to KY.

True but peole who are used to things may not feel as threatened. I live in ABQ and at least once a year, we have a drowning in an “arroyo” which fill up fast when we have a quick heavy rain. Everyone knows this...and still, someone is skating or playing or whatever they do, and drowns...jmo

But my eyes actually popped, when I saw this thread had been moved, after just a few hours away. I really thought we would waiting quite a while to learn what happened to her. I had come to see if there was any media at all, as I think it was posted that a local newsperson may have graduated with Emily? I guess there will be more follow-up now...

An anchor in Lexington, KY is the same appx age as Em’, the anchor is from Cynthiana, also.
Waiting to hear a report from the station, WKYT. Thus far, only a repeat from TX.

Marie Saavedra on Twitter

Picture of flooded road currently. Someone also posted on the family's page that the creek is 25ft in some places still!
Oops, your photos went poof! Let's see if this works:

This is Ensign Road, south of Ennis, where it’s washed out by Chambers Creek. About 500 feet downstream, searchers found the body of 38yo Emily Wade, on the morning of her 16th day missing. @wfaa
DxeRHEEUcAElmW-.jpg

DxeRHEVU0AAxk06.jpg

Great map analysis by Gray. Well done. And Gray added the co-workers house which is not where I was led to believe it was.

She would have to take two wrong left turns from the house location to end up that bridge. And be headed due south instead of north. Surprising.
He actually had trouble finding a road she could have taken to reach that bridge. Strange. She was going in a circle almost. Scary in the dark and those roads look a bit creepy, around the bridge at least.

True but peole who are used to things may not feel as threatened. I live in ABQ and at least once a year, we have a drowning in an “arroyo” which fill up fast when we have a quick heavy rain. Everyone knows this...and still, someone is skating or playing or whatever they do, and drowns...jmo

Absolutely. Regulars around here know better yet they think they can drive around barricades. Why???
Many end up in jail, hospital or their grave.
IMO, there’s no reason all flood prone areas are not clearly marked with large flashing signs.
We have enormous signs advising “buckle up”, “click it or ticket”, why not “turn around or drown”. Jmo
Unmarked flood prone areas is as ridiculous as RR tracks w/o gates. How many people have to die before a change is made? Jmo

He actually had trouble finding a road she could have taken to reach that bridge. Strange. She was going in a circle almost. Scary in the dark and those roads look a bit creepy, around the bridge at least.

It is unusual to take two wrong turns in the same direction. But she didn't have a smart phone either, and not everyone is good at directions.

Why her phone was turned off when she left the house is bugging me though. Probably nothing...

Keep driving down this dirt road and you’ll hit Chambers Creek, where the body believed to be missing Ennis mom Emily Wade was found. Police say water was high the night she disappeared and it still is. Are these signs enough of a warning? @wfaa
DxeZ6peVAAAWznd.jpg

DxeZ6peUcAE4HNU.jpg

DxeZ6pjU0AAqjb7.jpg
Thank you for adding the pictures! Those signs are shocking. In the dark and not being local, so easy to miss something like that. I hope that this tragedy at least makes the town add better signage for this road!

Keep driving down this dirt road and you’ll hit Chambers Creek, where the body believed to be missing Ennis mom Emily Wade was found. Police say water was high the night she disappeared and it still is. Are these signs enough of a warning? @wfaa
DxeZ6peVAAAWznd.jpg

DxeZ6peUcAE4HNU.jpg

DxeZ6pjU0AAqjb7.jpg

Good pictures.
Idk about the signs, they’re the same as we have here. Easily missed if focused on the road. The thing is, one can’t tell, is the water 2-3” or 18”. I play it safe & avoid traveling during floods.

Is the city experiencing a financial crisis preventing the construction of a new, proper bridge? IMO, totally ridiculous.

I think she had to be lost and then came upon that overflowing bridge and maybe tried to back up or rush over!
I can just feel her fear!

Does anybody happen to know if the night was really dark or maybe lit up a bit by a full moon?

Thank you for adding the pictures! Those signs are shocking. In the dark and not being local, so easy to miss something like that. I hope that this tragedy at least makes the town add better signage for this road!
You're welcome. Shocking is right, and probably quite frightening in the dark.
Good pictures.
Idk about the signs, they’re the same as we have here. Easily missed if focused on the road. The thing is, one can’t tell, is the water 2-3” or 18”. I play it safe & avoid traveling during floods.

Is the city experiencing a financial crisis preventing the construction of a new, proper bridge? IMO, totally ridiculous.
Yes, Houston - we have a problem.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain