Found Deceased TX - Emily Wade, 38, Ennis, Ellis County, 5 Jan 2019

Grateful for closure, tho.
Much better than learning she met up with the wrong person.
May her large group of family & friends now have peace.
Moo
They all must be exhausted from worrying, and especially those who were searching and/or running a Facebook page, having posters put up around town, having hats made, etc. They didn't give up, that's for sure.

Hopefully peace will find a way into all their hearts.

Gray did a video showing the bridge during different months--not sure if it's been posted. The bridge gets covered by the creek and I didn't see a warning sign. FYI, there's a bit of salty language.

Great map analysis by Gray. Well done. And Gray added the co-workers house which is not where I was led to believe it was.

She would have to take two wrong left turns from the house location to end up that bridge. And be headed due south instead of north. Surprising.

RBBM for focus

That was my exact question, too. And we really don’t know where Emily was headed after she was last seen while “driving southbound on Clay.”
Ennis Police Department

This is what Google Maps shows as the closest route from the co-worker’s home (per Bring Emily Home FB) to Emily’s. I don’t see any water, but I may very well be missing it.

Google Maps

View attachment 165225 View attachment 165226 View attachment 165227 View attachment 165228 View attachment 165229

Is it possible she wanted to make a quick stop for some reason & got mixed up on her directions?
(I can get lost going to my mailbox, never had a sense of direction)

RBBM for focus

That was my exact question, too. And we really don’t know where Emily was headed after she was last seen while “driving southbound on Clay.”
Ennis Police Department

This is what Google Maps shows as the closest route from the co-worker’s home (per Bring Emily Home FB) to Emily’s. I don’t see any water, but I may very well be missing it.

Google Maps

View attachment 165225 View attachment 165226 View attachment 165227 View attachment 165228 View attachment 165229
Someone just posted a video that shows there is really no other opening in the vicinity to this creek. It also showed that this bridge seems to regularly get submerged with water. Only innocent explanations I can come up with of why she would be out that way is either she took a short drive before going home or she got turned about on her drive home. MOO

Great map analysis by Gray. Well done. And Gray added the co-workers house which is not where I was led to believe it was.

She would have to take two wrong left turns from the house location to end up that bridge. And be headed due south instead of north. Surprising.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Maybe, upon departure, she was thinking how she arrived & repeated those turns rather than doing the opposite.

Someone just posted a video that shows there is really no other opening in the vicinity to this creek. It also showed that this bridge seems to regularly get submerged with water. Only innocent explanations I can come up with of why she would be out that way is either she took a short drive before going home or she got turned about on her drive home. MOO

It really irks me signs are not displayed at flood prone roads. How is a person to know?
Idk why she’d want to take a drive in the dark, either.
Jmo

"...Wade was found dead in Chambers Creek off of Ensign Road near a low water crossing."
BREAKING: Emily Wade's body found, Ennis Police confirm

Map of Ensign Road and Chambers Creek: Google Maps

Where would her car have been swept away?
The creek crosses the road a ways out of town, it seems. The whole area could have been flooded of course, but it would seem to me that she would have gotten into trouble on the road where she was driving.

I question why she was so far away from home and not on a direct route to get there. Perhaps because it was dark, she had just come from a pizza/movie gathering/ maybe running late and just got confused. What could be a tragic tale of coincidences.

Is it possible she wanted to make a quick stop for some reason & got mixed up on her directions?
(I can get lost going to my mailbox, never had a sense of direction)

My bad!! I must have had the wrong address for the co-worker all along! Off to delete my maps. So very sorry!!

The creek crosses the road a ways out of town, it seems. The whole area could have been flooded of course, but it would seem to me that she would have gotten into trouble on the road where she was driving.

I question why she was so far away from home and not on a direct route to get there. Perhaps because it was dark, she had just come from a pizza/movie gathering/ maybe running late and just got confused. What could be a tragic tale of coincidences.

If driving on flooded roads, she might have started turning here & there, with no sense of what she was doing, hoping to get away from flooded streets.

Ensign Road becomes NW County Road 1250. If the reports are correct, this is the spot - as shown in May 2013 - facing north & south at Chambers Creek where she was found , which is 7 miles from the center of town (as the crow flies).

View attachment 165208 View attachment 165210 View attachment 165211
Does Chambers Crreek run into or out of Lake Bardwell? Or neither? Possible her car could wash all the way into that large reservoir? Trying to imagine that and it doesn't work for me.

The creek looks so small and intimidating in these photos. Thanks for sharing.

Very tragic, and sad for the family. And a big thank you to the volunteer searchers.

Ennis Chief of Police John Erisman confirms to Channel 8 News that Wade was found dead in Chambers Creek off of Ensign Road near a low water crossing.

The the upstream tributaries of Chambers Creek are to the south and west of Lake Bardwell. I don't think any of the roads she would take to get back to her Mom's place cross water/streams that would end up in Chambers Creek. Most of the stream water around Ennis appears to flow into Cummings Creek, running kind of parallel to Chambers Creek. Image with pin point of Ensign Road/Chambers Creek intersection. Upstream areas of Chambers Creek circled in red (as best that I can estimate from Maps.

Most likely she took an unannounced drive somewhere not expected. Maybe she took a drive around Lake Bardwell before heading home. But I remain a little skeptical.
Plus she must have driven a different way to get to the co-workers house, or she would have run into this while still daylight, on her way there, and probably avoided it. IMO

He does great work. He did a 2+ hour video right after Jayme Closs was found that was a master's class on in the moment online sleuthing. And the majority of his theories were proved true the next day at the press conference.

If driving on flooded roads, she might have started turning here & there, with no sense of what she was doing, hoping to get away from flooded streets.
That's basically what I'm thinking too. She was having to re-route as she drove along because the roads were flooding. It's too bad she didn't just go back, but she told her mom she would be home...:(

ETA: MOO

Guys, read this, if you’re unfamiliar how fast the water rises. This is right near Em’s home town & my house.
Broad daylight!

Woman killed in Bourbon County floodwaters identified

I realize this is not TX, just using as an example how deadly the flooding situation can be be & the rapidity of rising water.
In all the time I followed this case I never read where anybody mentioned floodwaters!

Marie Saavedra on Twitter

Picture of flooded road currently. Someone also posted on the family's page that the creek is 25ft in some places still!

My bad!! I must have had the wrong address for the co-worker all along! Off to delete my maps. So very sorry!!

No problem. The media (or LE) gave out incorrect information as far as I can tell.

This had the appearance of a missing/lost person case, so I don't understand why information was so limited to the public.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back