TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping they meant that she seemed well cared for and it came out wrong. Like well nourished and good dental care. Am I too optimistic?
Haha I see what you mean - but since they said them as separate statements, I think they meant them as she was both beautiful AND well cared for/nourished. I don't know, I can see them as just innocently noting she looked like she was a pretty girl but it just seems kind of twisted because she was already passed away and in bad condition.

Haha I see what you mean - but since they said them as separate statements, I think they meant them as she was both beautiful AND well cared for/nourished. I don't know, I can see them as just innocently noting she looked like she was a pretty girl but it just seems kind of twisted because she was already passed away and in bad condition.
Yeah I don't know how that should be taken.

I'm aware that many people see girls and women purely through how sexy they are. But, surely a line should have been drawn at murdered women?

That old Frank Sinatra movie indicates it's been prevalent for *decades*

Hyper feminisation of female victims isn't much better. I think it's to show that they are "safe", they they are "just a normal gal".

There is definitely a Roca family currently in Corpus Christi, what are the rules around contacting them to ask if they had an Angie in their family?

There is definitely a Roca family currently in Corpus Christi, what are the rules around contacting them to ask if they had an Angie in their family?
Did you check social media?

The following is an excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

The following is an excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.
Ok thank you, yes I thought it was something like that. So does that mean we set aside pursuing the Angie roca lead? Someone just pass that tip on to LE and leave it at that?

Jdart14 this is your find, will you call it in?

That’s very considerate @sunnynz. Thank you. The first thing I did was pass that information on to Carl K. directly. He is very involved and communicates with detective Bean. I feel like that is the appropriate communication channel.

Hope you all are having a good week.

That’s very considerate @sunnynz. Thank you. The first thing I did was pass that information on to Carl K. directly. He is very involved and communicates with detective Bean. I feel like that is the appropriate communication channel.

Hope you all are having a good week.
Fantastic. Here’s hoping we hear some progress!

@Bit of hope @rosesfromangels @Tssiemer I'm not sure why both LE and the media decided to go on about how sexually attractive and/or sexually appealing WCJD was. How do you get that from a savagely beaten and bruised corpse?

As i mentioned about the Beaumont Children, many female victims are also retroactively made a lot more girly and feminine than they were in life. Although with Crime Investigation Australia, on their budget they probably could only afford child actresses who wouldn't cut their long hair to match Jane and Arnna for a one-time TV re-enactment.

I'm not sure why you are addressing this post to me Paul B. My memory is letting me down. My opinion on this: I find it inappropriate talking about a homicide victim like that. Psychological tests have shown though that people are inclined to attribute better qualities to attractive people so that could be the positive effect naming somebody pretty. But most of all I find it irrelevant if someone is pretty or not in the context of being a homicide victim. Same thing with bringing this issue up over and over again.

IMOO I assumed they all referred to her as very attractive and beautiful to drive home the fact that she wasn't a homeless drug addict or, street person. Those qualities have a huge impact on appearance & cause a person to go down hill quickly. Maybe I'm wrong. IMO, they're all saying look we've seen her shes beautiful she wasnt rode hard and put up wet (sorry for the term) this young girl was well nourished, youthful , beautiful she isnt a mother w/ kids, she has to have a family hunting her, shes too well kept. Sorry for the reference but street ppl or street addicts often end up cutting ties to family & their families draw a line so thy end up in the streets, go down hill etc. We don't have a list of scars, needle tracks, prior pregnancies etc Maybe that was unusual for her situation and the detectives felt it important to ensure they kept public interest, she doesn't seem to fit the profile for women dumped in ditches or highways. Sorry, but it's true, IMOO. I dont believe it's fair we give her more attention but I think detectives get to a point where they have a hard time reconciling their man hours for ppl that insist on putting themselves in harm's way & I can assure you I've known some of those ppl, I've been those ppl. They felt more sympathy for her perhaps too. I dont disagree with their remarks either. MOO.

IMOO I assumed they all referred to her as very attractive and beautiful to drive home the fact that she wasn't a homeless drug addict or, street person. Those qualities have a huge impact on appearance & cause a person to go down hill quickly. Maybe I'm wrong. IMO, they're all saying look we've seen her shes beautiful she wasnt rode hard and put up wet (sorry for the term) this young girl was well nourished, youthful , beautiful she isnt a mother w/ kids, she has to have a family hunting her, shes too well kept. Sorry for the reference but street ppl or street addicts often end up cutting ties to family & their families draw a line so thy end up in the streets, go down hill etc. We don't have a list of scars, needle tracks, prior pregnancies etc Maybe that was unusual for her situation and the detectives felt it important to ensure they kept public interest, she doesn't seem to fit the profile for women dumped in ditches or highways. Sorry, but it's true, IMOO. I dont believe it's fair we give her more attention but I think detectives get to a point where they have a hard time reconciling their man hours for ppl that insist on putting themselves in harm's way & I can assure you I've known some of those ppl, I've been those ppl. They felt more sympathy for her perhaps too. I dont disagree with their remarks either. MOO.

I agree with you about a lot of things you say....addicts, wasted, homeless people get a lot less of attention and are considered a "lesser kind of people" and that bothers me a LOT. IMO that's a bad thing...a wrong system....a wrong culture.... Every human being, every....no matter what bad choices you made in live...pretty or ugly, black or white (or whatever color), rich or poor...you are worth it to get the total attention and investment of being identified. There is no difference in dead.

I totally agree @Bit of hope completely agree. Those people may come out of their delima, they deserve a chance just as much as the "beautiful people". I totally agree with you bc I was 1 of those people and if something happened to me many years ago I wouldn't have had the chance to be who I am today. A better person, a wiser person and much more sympathetic person. IMO, detectives put just as much effort into those cases, not all of them but, when it's a person that isnt all of those things they may be more vocal abt their appearing innocent etc. That gets their goat so to speak. I listened to a podcast Small Town Dicks and the detectives spoke to their working just as hard for homeless or addicts. They just really get upset when they blv the victim is innocent.

Missing white woman syndrome - Wikipedia
Missing white woman syndrome is a phenomenon noted by social scientists[1][2][3] and media commentators of the extensive media coverage, especially in television,[4] of missing person cases involving young, white, upper-middle-class women or girls. The phenomenon is defined as the Western media's undue focus on upper-middle-class white women who disappear, with the disproportionate degree of coverage they receive being compared to cases of missing men or boys, women of color, and women of lower social classes.[5][6]

Need I say more.....................but back to Walker County JD

I didnt think WCJD got much coverage in the media though, did she? Or not as much as we would assume based on the missing white woman syndrome thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419