GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for all your kind words.

Levi and I will be heading to Georgia in about 10 days or so to talk to people face to face.
It is going to get pretty intense pretty fast is my guess.

@Tricia - what are the dates you will be in Georgia? I’d like to see you and Levi...if at all possible.

Just shooting from the hip here Levi but when y’all come to town. Can you ask SS what ruled out the kids? I know their phones were “hundreds of miles away” but just because my phone is hundreds of miles away doesn’t mean I am. Also doesn’t mean they can’t know or be scared of anyone. I still think one of them knows something about all of this. MOO
LOL, did you watch the video I've been talking about?........but about the children......SS said he watched them during and their poly's were passed

Last edited:
Rereading some old articles and I saw this. Another case of SS misleading the public. The last paragraph was an obvious lie, how could he not notice her skull was bashed in when he pulled her from the lake. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/129892189/shirley-dermond

Incase you don't want to read the whole thing here is a quote from SS that I mentioned above.

Shirley Dermond's death was "most certainly a homicide," but there were no "glaring signs of trauma," Sills said, adding the body was found about 5 or 6 miles from the Dermond's home, which could indicate that it was transported to the lake.

SS is really playing a game here hoping the witness to this horrible crime corrects him with what really happened. Sadly I don't believe anything SS has said about this case.
He also said he Personally pulled her from the lake, I think that's a forensics NO NO, there is a proper way to retrieve a body from the water... but I also read the forensic team pulled her out

Im not sure there was a "man on the lawn".......he was cleared before the earlier podcast by PH yet they were still talking about him on the podcast by PH and never said he was cleared. We never heard anything more about him. I think it was a decoy

The businesses were very lucrative IIR correctly, and were passed to the sons? I need to read the links you sent

The podcast was great. I heard of few things of interest. On the 911 call the lady says “they have been missing for four days”. That struck me odd. Was it just because they didn’t come to the derby party on Sat.?
Also that RD hands were bruised and cut with a strand of SD hair. No other bruising on torso.
I know the idea of murder suicide coverup is a stretch but so is cartel hit.
SD was beaten, Maybe RD hand injuries were not defensive. Let’s say he gets very angry when he wakes on Friday. Bed unmade, yesterday’s clothes on chair. SD is up dressed. Something sets RD off. He assaults her on the head while she is sitting doing her crossword. She dies. Later, he calls his son to let him know what happened and he is threatening to take his life. Son doesn’t know what to do, heads to GA.
Meanwhile RD takes his gun in garage and shoots himself in head. Son doesn’t want this dark legacy For his family or may be there are business and financial reasons as well. The problem that remains is the bullet can be tied back to RD’s gun and SD has been dead longer than RD.
So the coverup begins.

@Tricia - what are the dates you will be in Georgia? I’d like to see you and Levi...if at all possible.
I had something come up so we had to change plans. So we will be there, February 26th in the evening, all day the 27th and leaving in the morning on the 28th. :)

The last time SD was seen was Thursday. Did anybody at her bridge game remember what she was wearing?
Also curious to know if all the ingredients that were needed for her derby party sandwiches were in the fridge.

I had something come up so we had to change plans. So we will be there, February 26th in the evening, all day the 27th and leaving in the morning on the 28th. :)

Thanks Levi. I’ll sure try to get down there at that time. Sure would love to meet y’all.

I keep revisiting the only crime scene not on the property and a mobile one at that: the boat. I think it highly likely SD was bludgeoned on the boat, making disposal of her dead body a foregone conclusion. What about RD? Head trauma leaves a trail of blood and spatter, none of which was found in the very tight quarters of the garage (notwithstanding the post mortem pool of blood following decapitation). Could RD also have been murdered on the boat? I know it sounds ridiculous - - murder him on the boat and at some point drag his body into the garage. Perhaps that's what the towels were for initially, to wrap around his head whilst dragging the body to the garage. Recall, no one has been able to say with any certainty where the murders of SD and RD took place. Clearly we know the post mortem fate of each Dermond but that does not answer where the murders occurred. The home, including the attached garage, the surrounding yard, the dock were all free of any residual forensic evidence of blood or blood spatter. I firmly believe that to have been deliberate as the murderers went to great length to leave behind as little evidence as possible.

Jonny Rock, So are you saying no blood other than the postmortem blood of RD was found anywhere?

I wouldn't go by what SS has told us about the crime scene or evidence he has as he has lied many many times about this case. SS throws a bone to us one year and the next year he takes it away by saying the opposite. I would love to see this case get solved but the way SS is playing games I think this will be a code case forever. I'll check back in in a few months for the anniversary update of lies SS will tell this year but my time will be better spent doing other things

The last time SD was seen was Thursday. Did anybody at her bridge game remember what she was wearing?
Also curious to know if all the ingredients that were needed for her derby party sandwiches were in the fridge.
We know RD bought cucumbers, I heard for the cucumber sandwiches?......Never heard of stomach contents or whether she was making sandwches for the party until this year

Hockyguy I'm feeling that way too. Weve kept this thread alive for 2 years it seems, and a few others. I just pray SS will look deeper.....Im just about done with it and i"ll leave this comment with a few quotes:

“Not too good as you might imagine, this is a worse nightmare then we could have ever dreamed up,” said Keith Dermond.

contradictory ..........dreams as nightmares......who would want to DREAM UP your father beheaded and your mother bludgeoned and sunk in the lake

“It’s bad enough what happened to dad, but mom missing is like this, the thought of her suffering is too much to bear,” Keith Dermond said.

SO you'd rather see her beheaded???

These comments clearly were made before she was discovered, Ithink within 5 days initially, it was updated on the 16th
Son of Putnam victims blames cult for mom's disappearance

I wouldn't go by what SS has told us about the crime scene or evidence he has as he has lied many many times about this case. SS throws a bone to us one year and the next year he takes it away by saying the opposite. I would love to see this case get solved but the way SS is playing games I think this will be a code case forever. I'll check back in in a few months for the anniversary update of lies SS will tell this year but my time will be better spent doing other things

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, yes.

The new podcast had me pondering the lack of SD's blood in the home (which I assume includes the garage). And, IIRC no evidence was found on land near the D's home. So, it would definitely seem she was killed in the boat. Maybe it's silly to wonder, but... is it easy to maintain one's balance in a small boat while swinging a heavy murder weapon (more than once) into the victim's head... enough to inflict all the terrible damage as SD suffered? It seems tricky to me but I'm not a boater.

Also, I've been thinking about SD's hair found in RD's hands... I suppose he was possibly trying to hold her in a protective way at some point. Sad.

Finally, I believe it was J S Morgan who spoke about "who could the murderers be sending a message to"? Well, no... not the geriatric community (nice tidbit of humor there :)) But, could some sort of blackmail have been in play? Could someone in the "extended" family have a dark secret? Supposedly, SS looked into finances of Mr & Mrs Dermond and immediate family, but what if it's a dark secret/crime that would not be easily found in financial records?? Maybe the financial transaction took place before the murders but it was too late? I know this theory is thin... but it seems more likely than a random "crazy" murderer (IMO).

I still have the gut feeling that Mr D had an illegitimate child somewhere that resented the fact that his/her mother had to raise him/her alone while the Ds had money and a comfortable life. I think if this is the case they resented Mrs D for keeping the family secret of an affair and a child from it. Possible a death bed confession of a mother as to who the biological father was and they plotted to get revenge and eventually carried out the murder. Possibly a far fetched idea but I feel like its worth exploring. Just my opinion and random thoughts

I think the killers were there to get something from the Dermonds. Maybe there was a safe in the house, do we know? Some piece of paper they may have had in their possession. What could it have been, a birth certificate, loan, contract? Either way, no evidence released that SD was killed in the home so I assume she was murdered on the boat or at least somewhere else. Why was her hair found in RD's hand. They obviously were both in the garage at some point. I assume they had two vehicles and both were in the garage so if it was a two car garage, wasn't it a tight fit for such an atrocious act. Why the garage if the perps came to the door of the home and were known to the Ds, then how did they lure them to the garage and why? Why not attack in the home. Why was SD dressed and RD not? Was she an earlier riser than he? Were the sandwiches made for the party? If RD was awaken by sound, maybe he came down. But if they did not attack SD he may have heard nothing in such a big home. Did the perps go and wake him or was the master bedroom on the first level? I will have to check my notes on this one. I do think they were sending a message to somebody. Who and what message is the question of the day. If the neighbors thought the Ds were missing for 4 days why did they not check on them earlier or call 911? Like I said before I think I know nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname