TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senseless and cold. This is early, but I don’t think this was a random incident. This looks like a planned execution. Here’s hoping security cameras will aid in the quick apprehension of the killer.

Oh, I just looked at her FB, tomorrow would have been her 5th wedding anniversary.
:(

Execution style-

She walked up and seems to have had the gun in her right hand visible to the victim. The victim jumps back when she sees it. The perp does something with her left hand that you can't quite see. She seems to be wearing a dress or a robe of some kind. She has long hair that you can see bounce as she runs away. The whole exchange is a few seconds, not enough to have said much but she definitely talked for a couple of seconds. She didn't just walk up and start shooting though it was clearly her intention to kill this woman. She wanted the victim to know something or say something.

IMO: These two people know each other and there is a history. The perp lives nearby

Execution style-

She walked up and seems to have had the gun in her right hand visible to the victim. The victim jumps back when she sees it. The perp does something with her left hand that you can't quite see. She seems to be wearing a dress or a robe of some kind. She has long hair that you can see bounce as she runs away. The whole exchange is a few seconds, not enough to have said much but she definitely talked for a couple of seconds. She didn't just walk up and start shooting though it was clearly her intention to kill this woman. She wanted the victim to know something or say something.

IMO: These two people know each other and there is a history. The perp lives nearby
I agree. With the shooter arriving so quickly after the husband left, she either knows their schedules or lives close enough to see him drive by on his way to work

I wonder if it could be a neighborhood issue, like a spat involving the HOA or something? Those can cause hard feelings fast.

Or if it was racially motivated?

I'm surprised there is not more information about the victim available online, nor more information about the investigation.

Wow. Watched the video; that is scary. Going about your early morning, setting up for a garage sale and you get met with bullets. :(:mad: I've been a member here for many years but I don't care how many cases I read about I'll never understand how anyone can take the life of another. I don't know why but it still gets to me especially when I see a video like this. :(

Anyway, the shooter did look female. I really really hope since they have the video of the vehicle that this gets solved quickly. I hope whoever did the shooting and whoever was driving the vehicle are worried sick, looking over their shoulders and not sleeping a wink since they know it was caught on video.
^^Moo, Jmo, Imo, Etc^^

[bbm]

pretty sure the shooter got out of the driver's side door

So the husband leaves the house and the Perp shows up *four* mins later. Obviously she knew his schedule. Oh yeah, very personal. The husband probably has insight in to who this person might be....just opinion and speculation, of course.

FYI The husband installs flooring... so I’m not sure about the consistency of his work schedule. She took off work to have the garage sale.

maybe someone saw him drive by on his way to work ...
kinda strange that she booked off work to have a garage sale - defeats the purpose of making extra cash and if the only reason is to get rid of junk ... well you can do that on your day off or just donate it to charity

That is horrific to watch. RIP Ms Elizabeth. In my opinion, personal execution. Appears to a female with a mission with the way she walks. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

And she appears even to jog up to EB while her back is turned, to get right on her before she has a chance to see who it is and run away. EB seems to react when she sees the gun.

Wow, WAY WAY WAY too personal, as in right up front and CLOSE personal. Hope they are scouring dad's timeline over last several months

I would have thought by now, there would be an arrest, as seems so personal.
There is the video of the suspect, the car and possibly further Police enquiries, about Elizabeth's lifestyle, with husband being questioned.
Perhaps the arrest is just round the corner.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member