Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities examine cellphone of Jayme Closs kidnapper | Daily Mail Online

Feb 6 is next court date.

Authorities examine his cell phone
"The FBI's evidence response team searched the car the next day and found his cellphone on the front seat.

The phone was released to the Wisconsin Department of Justice to be analyzed by someone trained in the forensic extraction of data....

...Wisconsin investigators have examined call logs, photos and videos stored on the cellphone of the man accused of kidnapping [JC] and killing her parents...

...Search warrant documents filed in Barron County Circuit Court said evidence on the phone could be used 'to determine the chronological context' of what happened...

...The documents said authorities were looking for a contact list, a log of incoming and outgoing calls and the dates and times of those calls, texts or other messages and social media communications... "

Early reports are so frustrating! Who decided/reported that he didn't use the internet? It seems like that was very heavily reported after JC first broke free.

Last edited:
I wondered, if the bathroom had a window, why they didn't try to go out it. I like to think I would have boosted my children through the window and told them to run, even if I couldn't get through the window myself. However, nobody really knows what they might actually do in the midst of sheer terror and panic. MOO.
I believe that small middle window on the back of the Closs family home is the bathroom window.

QtWMrHw.jpg

A bit of a drop but possible.

"The FBI's evidence response team searched the car the next day and found his cellphone on the front seat.

The phone was released to the Wisconsin Department of Justice to be analyzed by someone trained in the forensic extraction of data....

...Wisconsin investigators have examined call logs, photos and videos stored on the cellphone of the man accused of kidnapping [JC] and killing her parents...

...Search warrant documents filed in Barron County Circuit Court said evidence on the phone could be used 'to determine the chronological context' of what happened...

...The documents said authorities were looking for a contact list, a log of incoming and outgoing calls and the dates and times of those calls, texts or other messages and social media communications... "

Early reports are so frustrating! Who decided/reported that he didn't use the internet? It seems like that was very heavily reported after JC first broke free.

I did not get the impression that he did not use the internet only that they could find not much of a presence.

On an FB site, people said they saw his FB and it was deleted. I did not see it so I do not know if it is true. But many people around him deleted their FB’s. That I did see

Good insight into the decision not to charge JP with further crimes. It bodes well for the strength of their case, but we already knew that.

You look at the seriousness of what you’re initially going to charge and you weigh it against the continued trauma to a young victim…and you make a decision," said Joe DeCecco, a former district attorney in Sheboygan County.

Sometimes it's not possible to spare a crime victim from trial proceedings, DeCecco said, but it can be done if the case is strong enough to get a conviction without that testimony. And prosecutors will do what they can to be sensitive to the needs of a child or vulnerable crime victim.

DeCecco said it's also important to consider the wishes of the victim and the victim's family, because sharing their story in court can be difficult.”

Decision not to charge Jake Patterson in Douglas County aims to spare Jayme Closs more trauma
“We’ve got a really young girl who needs to heal and needs to heal as privately as possible," he said.”

Sincerely grateful there are people who operate with wisdom, compassion, integrity. Very impressed with this justice team!

I wondered, if the bathroom had a window, why they didn't try to go out it. I like to think I would have boosted my children through the window and told them to run, even if I couldn't get through the window myself. However, nobody really knows what they might actually do in the midst of sheer terror and panic. MOO.
I’ve wondered about this also, but I think it happened so fast. D&JC were trying to be silent/ invisible. Opening a window & sneaking out would have made noise. And JP had already shot through 1 door. And they knew that.

I did not get the impression that he did not use the internet only that they could find not much of a presence.

On an FB site, people said they saw his FB and it was deleted. I did not see it so I do not know if it is true. But many people around him deleted their FB’s. That I did see

I see I probably read it in The Daily Mail and then imagine their line was reprinted in numerous other briefs,

"The alleged killer-kidnapper accused of imprisoning [JC] lived in a weird 'time warp' world without a smart phone, social media or even an internet connection, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Loner [JP], 21, instead spent his free time holed up inside his family's isolated woodland cabin poring over outdoor survival guides and books about the military.
Jayme Closs' kidnapper lived in 'time warp' without smart phone, former neighbor says | Daily Mail Online
(1/16/19)

That was my impression as well. And it's a big difference. I am embarrassed at how many hours a day I'm online, and I participate in this and one or two other discussion forums, and occasionally comment on blogs, but have zero social media accounts. I have no idea if LE, searching for my online presence, would find anything at all beyond my email account. Would a search of my computer tell them that on Websleuths I am Auntie Cipation?

That was my impression as well. And it's a big difference. I am embarrassed at how many hours a day I'm online, and I participate in this and one or two other discussion forums, and occasionally comment on blogs, but have zero social media accounts. I have no idea if LE, searching for my online presence, would find anything at all beyond my email account. Would a search of my computer tell them that on Websleuths I am Auntie Cipation?

Your computer will show everything accessed on it. You can run but you can't hide, Auntie!

Last edited:

"Our families which are one together would like to thank you all for your love and support!! Jayme is doing pretty good!! We love to see her smile and even more, laugh with a few of her close friends. It’s the best feeling ever. We have a long road of healing and recovery as we move forward; small steps.”
~ Jennifer 01/30/2019

Jayme Closs family gives update on the Barron teen

"Our families which are one together would like to thank you all for your love and support!! JC is doing pretty good!! We love to see her smile and even more, laugh with a few of her close friends. It’s the best feeling ever. We have a long road of healing and recovery as we move forward; small steps.”
~ Jennifer 01/30/2019

Jayme Closs family gives update on the Barron teen
(changed name to initials)
Great to see her smiling. And yes, it will be a long, hard road of healing.

"Computer games were more of a priority than social interaction," Moyer noted. JP's grandfather said that. That gives the impression to me that he spent some time on the computer.

Grandfather: Jake Patterson 'backed off from crowds'

Gonna shake it up a second here but is it possible an administrative leave may be in sight for an officer that didn’t recall a car until after the location of a victim .
No. It wasn’t negligent, and it wasn’t intentional.

His actions that night were normal protocol, and memory is fallible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland