Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#9 seems to be pretty far away for a little 3.3 year old who doesn't wander. This map is from streetdirectory.com.au.
I don't recall hearing/reading anything about the house across the street from FGM's house (#51). I know the people at the one beside were said to be away, and the one directly across is a vacant lot.... but what about #51? Has that person ever been mentioned?
21 lots streetdirectory.com.jpg

Mentions of man asking for directions (edited to add 2nd report)

Fairfax Media believes that one line of inquiry is a man who asked staff in a local shop for directions to Benaroon Drive on Friday, before William went missing.

Shop owners on Kendall's main street said they had been told not to comment on a man who asked for directions to Benaroon Drive.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fea...en-abducted-from-kendall-20140916-10hqb0.html

Chapman said she has heard about the man who had walked into one of the businesses in town and asked for directions to near where William went missing. She believes the story is true.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ts-dark-shadow-over-town-20141101-11fbdi.html

Last edited:
#9 seems to be pretty far away for a little 3.3 year old who doesn't wander. This map is from streetdirectory.com.au.
I don't recall hearing/reading anything about the house across the street from FGM's house (#51). I know the people at the one beside were said to be away, and the one directly across is a vacant lot.... but what about #51? Has that person ever been mentioned?
View attachment 167639
Not that I know of.

i thought if william had commented on the swings at number 9 that may have been in his mothers mind that morning, he may have commented every time they drove past it if they came in that way?
doesnt ps live at 51 benaroon drive? theres that photo of him standing under the benaroon drive street sign just outside the gateway? whoever lives there has good views of 48 and theyd know the people opposite were away and its right by the track to the cemetary

i thought if william had commented on the swings at number 9 that may have been in his mothers mind that morning, he may have commented every time they drove past it if they came in that way?
doesnt ps live at 51 benaroon drive? theres that photo of him standing under the benaroon drive street sign just outside the gateway? whoever lives there has good views of 48 and theyd know the people opposite were away and its right by the track to the cemetary
BBM.

We don’t know if William commented on any play equipment on that, or any previous occasion when he had visited Benaroon Drive. If his visits were infrequent, he was probably too young to remember much about Benaroon Drive at three years of age.

Naturally a mother would think her missing son may have wandered off to play somewhere.

Re the "anyone within 1 kilometre":
This might be obvious to everyone else but for me it came as a shock: The one thing we know for sure about William's disappearance is that, if he was abducted, the offender(s) had to get close enough to physically move him somewhere else. So, if police have managed to round up everyone who was within 1 kilometre, then somewhere in that group will be the offender(s).
:eek:
bbm
Maybe not the offenders themselves, but the person/s who for sure knows something or knows (one of) the offender/s. And who doesn't dare to stir the reputation of someone. Are the 4 known men (plus one unknown) important enough for that fear? Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM.

We don’t know if William commented on any play equipment on that, or any previous occasion when he had visited Benaroon Drive. If his visits were infrequent, he was probably too young to remember much about Benaroon Drive at three years of age.

Naturally a mother would think her missing son may have wandered off to play somewhere.
no, i realize, just thinking of the scenarios possibly going through his fms head when she was searching

4.40 - 4.53 play area not swing set
Thanks!** Maybe, if AMS's children were playing outside before school, William might have heard or seen them from FGM's place? He might have figured that play = play area?

Here's a transcript of what I think is said from about 4:30 to 5:43.

Chris Smith talks to William Tyrrell's parents, 2GB, 18 Sep 2015
---
4:30
FM: "[...] Mum said - I think Mum said - 'You go down, I'll stay up here.'
And then I went down the road and I saw one of the neighbours - who's just absolutely fabulous; one of the first neighbours I saw. She just said (I asked her if she'd seen a little boy in a Spiderman suit, 'cause she had a play area at her house and I thought maybe he was attracted to that if he'd wandered off) and she said, 'No, no no. Nothing. I don't know anything.' And so she said, 'I'll come and help you.' Searching the estate... and then we went right down the end, and there was the other neighbour who came out to help. We were all searching: yelling out for William... yelling out for William... And then I thought, 'Okay. He's not here. He's not here.' And then I raced back home. My husband had got home from his meeting. I'd said to him, 'Is William with you?' And he'd looked at me as if to say 'What a really stupid question! Of course he's not with me! Where is he?' And [to FF] you went off and just raced around that whole estate trying to find him."
FF: "Yep."
FM: "I went back down with one of the neighbours and we kept looking, and we kept looking, down to the bus-stop and back, all through the houses. And then I thought, 'Okay. I've got to call Triple Oh.' And that's when I went back upstairs and I made that call."
5:43
---

** I'm sorry for saying the relevant bit wasn't in the interview, when it so clearly is! I must have fast-forwarded the audio file when tapping the screen - there's a long section I didn't hear earlier. Thank you for checking and correcting!

<rsbm>
View attachment 167639
I don't remember seeing anything about either household except, like you, that the immediate neighbours were thought to be away, and I don't think anyone explained why they were thought to be away or who said so.

i thought if william had commented on the swings at number 9 that may have been in his mothers mind that morning, he may have commented every time they drove past it if they came in that way? <rsbm>
If kids can see the swings as they drive past it makes sense that William might look for them each time - like a "Hey, we're nearly at Nanna's!"

The Google Streetview car camera is pretty high up though, I think. It might show us a better view than can be seen from road level?

bbm
Maybe not the offenders themselves, but the person/s who for sure knows something or knows (one of) the offender/s. And who doesn't dare to stir the reputation of someone. Are the 4 known men (plus one unknown) important enough for that fear? Why?
Do you mean that the offender(s) might not still be within 1 km? I'm hoping that police were able to make a list of everyone who was there.

<modsnipped quoted post>
Yes, it's possible that someone living nearby knows what happened and who was responsible. But I don't think we can accurately guess what might be in anyone's police statement. As far as I've seen, anyway, there's been nothing to indicate what anyone might have said or withheld. Being summoned to appear at an inquest and having legal representation might mean a few different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's possible that someone living nearby knows what happened and who was responsible. But I don't think we can accurately guess what might be in anyone's police statement. As far as I've seen, anyway, there's been nothing to indicate what anyone might have said or withheld. Being summoned to appear at an inquest and having legal representation might mean a few different things.
BBM. I’m confused about this. AFAIK people called to appear at an inquest who normally have legal representation in a case such as William’s are:
  • family/guardians of the missing person/presumed deceased, and
  • persons who may have adverse comment made against them in the course of Coronial proceedings/POI.
I can’t think of any others. I wonder which category Savage fits into.

Watched the new Ron Iddles crime show tonight. He talked about the child murder case from 20 year years ago not being solved back then because the investigating detectives would not look any further than the mother. He warns about fixating on a single suspect. Detective Jubeline should take that on board,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member