Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I didn't know a car can burn that hot!

So this was not an accident it seems. Someone set the car on fire in that driveway. Was she carjacked and then days later killed? Doesn't seem likely. Whose property is this?

It will be close to impossible to get satisfying answers from the remains as they are too disintegrated.

How terrifying for the family.

She was missing for, tops, 10 hours. Media accounts say she talked/FaceTimed with her adult son around 12/12:30 in the afternoon, when she left her home in St. Francis, WI. Her car was found burning around 10pm that same day.

I don’t know whose property it is.

I live in Wisconsin and this is the first I've seen anything about this woman missing. Does anyone know exactly where in Illinois she was headed to?

Media accounts say she was heading to watch her adult sons (also teachers) coach a game at Carmel High School in Mundelein, IL. When I Google mapped St. Francis, WI, (her town) to this high school, Google estimated the drive to take 1 hour, 6 minutes.

I know LE is trying to retrace her route to see if she may have stopped at any store or ATM machine.

I think the suspect or suspects forced entry when she was either getting in or out of her vehicle.

I think they forced her to give up her passwords to her bank account information or even make her take money out of the ATM.

Once they had no further use for letting her live they bound her up in the car or killed her then set the blaze to destroy evidence.

It's so heartbreaking to know an innocent person can be targeted and murdered simply going about their daily lives.

Things I wonder...
Was she married? Divorced?
Where was the car found?
Who last saw her at her house?
WGN reports the car was found burning in a driveway off Stearns School Road. Stearns School Road crosses Rt. 41. Original reports said car was found at 36500 block of North Rt. 41. I would assume the car was found in a driveway at Stearns School Road and 41. Just a few houses near that intersection Burnt body found in car of missing Wisconsin woman; family seeks answers

I wonder whose driveway she was in. Someone she knew or maybe a vacant home? How long was the car there before it burned? How long had it been burning before someone noticed it?

Burned beyond recognition in a place that was not on the route to her destination. Very strange.
It is somewhat enroute. Lots of contruction on 94, so Waze often takes you on 41.

I don't think the house where the car was found would be connected. I think the long driveways near a major highway (41) entrance is a good spot to abandon a car.
I didn't say connected but there might be clues there. Could the resident have seen something, heard a voice, found trash or something in the drive that didn't come from them. I'm sure LE has spoken to them.

Quite possibly a suicide - I know, I know, who would choose that way to go - it does happen much more often than you'd think, though.

It is somewhat enroute. Lots of contruction on 94, so Waze often takes you on 41.

While you *can* take 41, her family members have stated in media reports that she’s made this trip “thousands of times” & this was off her normal route.

Quite possibly a suicide - I know, I know, who would choose that way to go - it does happen much more often than you'd think, though.

I highly doubt it. She had just FaceTimed with her son, was on her way to see his game & visit her grandkids, & it was two days before her birthday, which her grandkids were looking forward to celebrating with her. I know you can never know who or when or how or why someone will commit suicide, but the timeline & method (& the fact that no mention of emotional or mental health problems have come out in MSM or elsewhere) here makes suicide seem highly improbable to me.

I know LE is trying to retrace her route to see if she may have stopped at any store or ATM machine.

I think the suspect or suspects forced entry when she was either getting in or out of her vehicle.

I think they forced her to give up her passwords to her bank account information or even make her take money out of the ATM.

Once they had no further use for letting her live they bound her up in the car or killed her then set the blaze to destroy evidence.

It's so heartbreaking to know an innocent person can be targeted and murdered simply going about their daily lives.

Sadly, I’m thinking along the same lines, that a nefarious stranger forced himself into her car at some point along her route, when/if she stopped for whatever reason. It was broad daylight & a generally well-traveled route, which is terrifying to think about. Because of the burned car, my jaded Websleuth brain wonders if something worse than carjacking/stealing money from an ATM didn’t happen. (All IMO, as nothing has been released by LE, yet.)

I’m sure the police have a better idea of her route, any stops, & if her bank cards have been used, etc. I hope CCTV footage is found that reveals evidence.

All - as some know, I'm from MN and we know the Ryan family. My brother played basketball in high school against Zack when he was at Tartan in Oakdale, MN and remained friendly with him after graduating. They are really good people and my heart breaks for them. Zack was your all-American kid in HS, multiple sport captain but a down to earth nice guy who worked his tail off and was a leader in every sense. It's not a surprise he is a head basketball coach now. I never talked with KR much but have always heard she was very nice.

Really hoping for a positive outcome on this but Occam's Razor isn't letting me entertain many good thoughts. Prayers for the Ryan family right now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname