Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Feb 5, 2019.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A "badly burned body" was discovered inside a car belonging to a Milwaukee teacher who has been missing since Saturday.

Kathleen Ryan, a teacher at St. Augustine school on Milwaukee's south side, was last seen about noon Saturday in St. Francis, according to her son Zack Ryan.

She had planned to travel to Illinois to meet him and his family, according to a Facebook post.

Authorities responding to a vehicle fire shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday found Ryan's 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupé in the 36500 block of North Route 41 in Warren Township, Illinois, according to the Lake County sheriff's office.

A body was discovered inside the vehicle after the fire was extinguished and authorities were trying to determine its identity Tuesday.

'Badly burned body' found in vehicle belonging to missing Milwaukee teacher

What could have happened??

2. GuyfromCanada

St. Francis WI to Warren Township IL, about 50 miles Google Maps

3. mrsNKY

mrsNKY Well-Known Member

Family holds hope for missing Milwaukee teacher

More info in this article:

Where had she been? It was around 9hrs since she was last seen in her town and was due at the game around 4:30 and her burning car was extinguished around 10pm. According to this article, the area the car was found would not have been in her route. Hopefully she will be found elsewhere and safe.

The car is quite sporty looking, carjacking perhaps??

4. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

It does not say if they think foul play is involved or if she had an accident and the car burned due to damage. Maybe, they don't even know?

5. LarkBunting

LarkBunting Well-Known Member

Holy cow. This is a friend of a friend’s mother. I knew she was missing, but had no idea her car had been found with a burned body inside.
    Wow.

6. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

It sounds like the vehicle wasn't in an accident but it had been set on fire.

If there had been an accident I believe it would have been discovered much quicker, and not after she had been burned beyond recognition.

It's impossible to know who could have done this to this poor woman. Many horrible crimes are being committed that seem to have no rhyme or reason to them.

My heart breaks for her family. I can see why they cling to any hope they can muster.

Imo

7. Schmitz5100

Schmitz5100 Well-Known Member

Things I wonder...
    Was she married? Divorced?
    Where was the car found?
    Who last saw her at her house?

8. LarkBunting

“The car Kathleen Ryan typically drives was found on fire in the driveway of a home near Route 41 and Stearns Schools Road in Lake County. Inside the car was a body burned beyond recognition.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv....ing-wisconsin-woman-family-seeks-answers/amp/

9. Schmitz5100

Schmitz5100 Well-Known Member

10. LarkBunting

11. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Ugh. Horrible. Prayers going up for this person's Family and Friends (as we don't know who the victim is just yet).

12. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

I wonder whose driveway she was in. Someone she knew or maybe a vacant home? How long was the car there before it burned? How long had it been burning before someone noticed it?

Burned beyond recognition in a place that was not on the route to her destination. Very strange.

13. LarkBunting

14. LarkBunting

This narrows down the address where her car was found.

“Authorities responding to a vehicle fire shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday found Ryan's 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupé in the 36500 block of North Route 41 in Warren Township, Illinois, according to the Lake County sheriff's office.”

Per https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/2780211002

15. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear this. I truly feel it is her in that vehicle. This is such and unusual scenario, isn't it? What could possibly have happened here? Did someone either drug her or murder her, then set her car on fire? Was this a spread out neighborhood that no one noticed a car burning next door or across the street?

16. LarkBunting

I hope I’m doing this correctly. I used Google Earth to find the intersection of U.S. 41 & Stearns School Rd., where MSM says her car was found. The further away photo depicts the intersection & surrounding woodland. The closer up photo illustrates how there are some driveways nearly completely hidden by the trees. (For example, about 1/3 of the way up the closer-in photo, just to the right of the bank of trees to the left.) ***Just an example of driveways near the intersection, not necessarily the one where her burning car was located.***

Attached Files:

17. LarkBunting

Occam’s Razor would say that the body is likely her...
    I have no idea what could have happened. It looks like the area where the car was found is heavily wooded, so maybe the houses are set far back at the end of long driveways? MSM says police responded to a vehicle fire, so this seems to mean someone called it in??

18. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Wow I didn't know a car can burn that hot!

So this was not an accident it seems. Someone set the car on fire in that driveway. Was she carjacked and then days later killed? Doesn't seem likely. Whose property is this?

It will be close to impossible to get satisfying answers from the remains as they are too disintegrated.

How terrifying for the family.

19. GuyfromCanada

If this was carjacking, why would the perp burn the car?

20. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

Why would the perp still have her in the car if the car is what he/she wanted (jacking a car)? Usually, they do not take the victim with them. Burning the car rids of any physical evidence and happens all of the time in mv thefts. Which, this does not really appear to be... IMO