Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What this makes me think, is that the mother was not concerned because this was COMMON behavior. If I recall correctly, her DUI In December was at 5am. <modsnipped>

Regarding the FaceTime call to Mom, again I dont find that suspicious either. Many kids that age use FaceTime frequently. Another thought, she could be trying to save her phone minutes, or was out of minutes, so using Facetime uses data rather than minutes. I know my own 22 yr old son, will use Facebook messenger to make calls when his phone is “shut off” due to overdue bill, etc. I think there are many reasonable explanations for the FaceTime call.

In my opinion, I think she left with these guys willingly. Something went wrong later on that morning, but I think she was quite willing to go out and party wherever they were heading.

I also now think Savannah drank, at times she drank a lot and also drank and drove. I wanted to get that clear in my mind in order to try and put together what has happened to her.

Mom gave a different picture of her and it had me thinking she may have been forced into being with the men after leaving the bar. Different things reported had me considering she was forced but now I've pretty much let that theory go.

Think she went with them to party. It isn't against the law to go party but it is illegal to drink and drive if you've had enough to be considered intoxicated. Having arrests on your record can have a real effect on trying to find a good job. And of course how dangerous it is for the intoxicated driver and others.

Most of us know going with strangers is not a good idea but lots of people do it and don't end up missing or dead. Lots of people drink and drive and many never end up in an accident. Just trying to piece everything together in order to have a good idea of what happened. I'm getting there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you get your husband to join?

I doubt it.

At any rate, the searchers are limited as to what they can share. I only know when he's been called in and, at the end of the day, what the weather was like while he was out. Sometimes what they had for lunch if a local place donated the food. Beyond those things, I get very few updates from him. I get more from the news.

Claire Kopsky‏ @ClaireMKopsky
The Cajun Coast Search and Rescue Team and @RichmondPDKY detectives are headed to the Kentucky River this morning to continue the search for Savannah Spurlock who’s been missing for more than a month now. Details coming up on #SUNRISE on @LEX18News.

Volunteer Search Crew in Need of Boat

Claire Kopsky on Twitter
Here's hoping against hope! I haven't been as active here bc there isn't much info being released and I don't like victim blaming insinuations honestly, but I check daily and wish the SAR and LE good weather and success in finding Savannah and answers to her disappearance.

I will say again, regardless of her choices that evening, Savannah deserves JUSTICE if foul play was involved, <which I believe>. JMO

There's been some insinuation by posters on here that they have some inside information about this case-info that can't be provided by links. It would be great if those of you who are close to this case could become verified insiders. Very helpful.

I don't personally know Savannah, but my husband does. He was her teacher. I just know a lot about Madison County and Lexington. I've lived here for 30 years. I can add info pertaining to culture and geography. I have many friends who were close to Savannah, though, so the crime (and I do believe there was a crime) just feels closer than most.
I had thought you lived in the Appalachian mountains prior to this. I, too, lived in the Lexington area for 15 years until recently. I’m familiar with the UK area, but I honestly know nothing about the night scene there.

Are people in that area lenient about drunk driving?

IMO, yes.
There’s too many people leaving drinking establishments at closing time, cops can’t get them all.
In the downtown area IMO, bartenders are lax & continue to serve, resulting in over serving. If they can’t get served, they go next door or across the street.
Drugs are readily available state wide. It’s nothing to be approached in parking garages, outside clubs/restaurants, with an offer to buy.
Crime is sky rocketing in the area.

Lexington homicide rate on fastest pace in 20 years

652 drinks a year. Kentucky binge drinking rate among highest in nation, study says

I had thought you lived in the Appalachian mountains prior to this. I, too, lived in the Lexington area for 15 years until recently. I’m familiar with the UK area, but I honestly know nothing about the night scene there.

I do, actually,live in the mountains. The southern part of Madison County is in the mountains. We consider ourselves the "folk capital of Appalachia." Madison County is diverse in geography. Our farm is located on a road that runs through two counties and, as a result, our farm straddles both. It is still possible to live in a fairly isolated part of the county here, even with the construction that's going on in Richmond. I've lived in this particular area for 14 years but, before that, I lived in Richmond. Right in the middle of downtown at times. Middle, High school and college there.

IMO, yes.
There’s too many people leaving drinking establishments at closing time, cops can’t get them all.
In the downtown area IMO, bartenders are lax & continue to serve, resulting in over serving. If they can’t get served, they go next door or across the street.
Drugs are readily available state wide. It’s nothing to be approached in parking garages, outside clubs/restaurants, with an offer to buy.

652 drinks a year. Kentucky binge drinking rate among highest in nation, study says

Thanks, I was thinking that may be the case.

Drugs, alcohol and gangs are bad where I live and murders on the increase.

I see people driving with beer in hand a lot. Smoking of weed is now pretty much acceptable.

IMO, yes.

I've lived in Lexington for over four years now and have never, ever had a single person offer me drugs. I find this statement absolutely silly. And I live on the north end of town which is supposedly the "bad area."

I think Lexington's crime rate is often grossly over exaggerated...

Here's hoping against hope! I haven't been as active here bc there isn't much info being released and I don't like victim blaming insinuations honestly, but I check daily and wish the SAR and LE good weather and success in finding Savannah and answers to her disappearance.

I will say again, regardless of her choices that evening, Savannah deserves JUSTICE if foul play was involved, <which I believe>. JMO

Of course she does.
I think with spring/summer approaching, an unsuspecting group will find her, as is the case a lot of times in these situations.
I also think an arrest is imminent. Maybe that will prompt someone to divulge her whereabouts.
Like every state, our crime lab has a serious back log issue.

KSP Crime Lab backlog keeping thousands of cases in limbo

I'd say a lot of people have theirs winterized. Also, he said on their FB site that he needs someone familiar w/the Ky River, to operate it. With those two requirements it may be difficult, add in a workday, and the weather conditions. I saw another fella had offered his, but not sure if he's experienced with the River.

Most Bass boats aren't winterized so I don't think that's it. To me the catch is that it's during the weekday. If this search were happening near me, we can't take off work to help, but a Saturday or Sunday we could. I wonder if more people would step up if it were a weekend search. JMO :)

Honestly asking. For those who post SS went with these men willingly or similar. What are you trying to say about what happened? I keep seeing these comments and not sure if it's just a basic observation and nothing to do with the fact that she is missing or more? TIA
To counter the speculation that she did not go willingly.

I've lived in Lexington for over four years now and have never, ever had a single person offer me drugs. I find this statement absolutely silly. And I live on the north end of town which is supposedly the "bad area."

Well that’s your experience & you’re lucky. Jmo

I do, actually,live in the mountains. The southern part of Madison County is in the mountains. We consider ourselves the "folk capital of Appalachia." Madison County is diverse in geography. Our farm is located on a road that runs through two counties and, as a result, our farm straddles both. It is still possible to live in a fairly isolated part of the county here, even with the construction that's going on in Richmond. I've lived in this particular area for 14 years but, before that, I lived in Richmond. Right in the middle of downtown at times. Middle, High school and college there.
I had been picturing deep in Eastern KY, a place I didn’t often go. A lot of people commute from Richmond to Lexington, but I didn’t realize so many young people from Richmond drove to Lexington for the bar scene. (I taught at UK for a couple of years while getting my MA.)

Last edited:

That has never happened to me, either. I've seen deals go down, and I know people who meet others to buy and to sell, but I've never been approached by anyone just randomly offering to sell me something. And while our house was being built we rented one right behind Rupp Arena-not exactly far away from the action.

Well that’s your experience & you’re lucky. Jmo

No, I'm sorry but I think you're doing a disservice to Lexington to suggest that it has such a rampant drug and crime problem that people are commonly approached outside restaurants and asked to buy drugs. That is simply untrue.

Lexington is a great city and its drug problems, along with many surrounding areas with similar problems, stems from prescription drug abuse. And that is a far more complicated issue than what I'm willing to go in to.

It's a college town of over 300k with a dozen smaller towns around it. It has relatively low crime and is overall a very safe city. Not in my personal experience, but in truth.

My experience was the same. Lived in the area for 15 years. Husband worked right in Lexington that entire time. I must say that neither of us was ever fearful or uncomfortable in Lexington, but having come from Nashville, perhaps that’s why. Lexington is a good little place, but still too “city” for us, so we lived in a small town outside of there.

I doubt it.

At any rate, the searchers are limited as to what they can share. I only know when he's been called in and, at the end of the day, what the weather was like while he was out. Sometimes what they had for lunch if a local place donated the food. Beyond those things, I get very few updates from him. I get more from the news.
Maybe you can share the local opinion of Toney Wade? He seems all in on the search for Savannah. Along with searching they seem to be operating on a shoestring.
I know some hotel was donating rooms back in the beginning.
I'm curious how these teams are going to continue with no money to operate!
Also I read the only one left was Toney and his dog who was injured early in the week.

Thanks, I was thinking that may be the case.

Drugs, alcohol and gangs are bad where I live and murders on the increase.

I see people driving with beer in hand a lot. Smoking of weed is now pretty much acceptable.

Yeah, I see the same, especially after a UK game & after horse races @ Keeneland.. Makes one afraid to be on the road.

These 15 States Have the Worst Drug Problems in America

This ^^^^^ gives you an idea of drugs in the area.

I think SS & her group were fortunate they didn’t get stopped, after leaving Fayette county/Lexington Area. I wish they had! Then, we wouldn’t be where we are, providing the driver was dui. He may have been the designated driver & abstained. Idk. LE would know by now, after pulling video, imo.

No, I'm sorry but I think you're doing a disservice to Lexington to suggest that it has such a rampant drug and crime problem that people are commonly approached outside restaurants and asked to buy drugs. That is simply untrue.

Lexington is a great city and its drug problems, along with many surrounding areas with similar problems, stems from prescription drug abuse. And that is a far more complicated issue than what I'm willing to go in to.

It's a college town of over 300k with a dozen smaller towns around it. It has relatively low crime and is overall a very safe city. Not in my personal experience, but in truth.

Where I live, in Missouri, hard drugs and street drugs are everywhere. People even mark tree trunks to show where you can buy drugs. People dealing drugs in parking lots, on corners, everywhere. People getting shot and murdered daily. If you read FB posts, by young people who live here, they take this as the usual. Was thinking that may be the way Savannah and her family looked at this kind of culture.

Also wondering if the three men may be hiding crimes they have or are committing and won't tell the Police about an accident happening to Savannah in order to cover crime. Was thinking most likely drug dealing etc.

My experience was the same. Lived in the area for 15 years. Husband worked right in Lexington that entire time. I must say that neither of us was ever fearful or uncomfortable in Lexington, but having come from Nashville, perhaps that’s why. Lexington is a good little place, but still too “city” for us, so we lived in a small town outside of there.

Pretty common for people live in Nicholasville or Georgetown or Versailles but work in Lex. I get it.

But there were somewhere between 1,000 and 1,100 violent crimes reported in Lexington in 2016. That means less than half a percent of people were victims of violent crimes. We're well under the national average of city crime.

Im not sure what people expect lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member