NV NV - Amanda Fravel, 20, Las Vegas, June 1986

I recently noticed that in a missing persons poster it was mentioned that Amanda had a tattoo of a rose on her left hand.

49998253_2063744827042353_8992778979354083328_n.jpg
Yes my sister did have a rose tattoo on her hand. Thank you for sharing

Yes.. they say since im not the one who filed it . I was only 16 at the time so of course i didnt file it. Its just crazy. Ive filed a FOIA but still haven't heard a thing back.
FOIA was the good way to go. Federal authorities have to have the information to it, or a reason for why it can't be legally shared (certain documents are exempt from FOOIA) in 20 days. Local time can be longer. Even though it's been over 30 years, they should still have the record. A missing person record is retained indefinitely until action is taken by the originating agency to cancel or clear the record or until a locate is placed against the record. I'm sorry for the loss of your sister and hope that the FOIA will get you the document soon.

Mfravel7 is the color of the rose known?

Have you tried getting help from Nevada Child Seekers?- wait, just saw she was 20 at the time. Perhaps not. I have lived in Vegas my whole life and was here then. It's not ringing any bells but I was 15 in 1986. Offhand- do you know if you have ever had DNA entered into a database, like ancestry? Familial DNA is a huge thing now and it may increase the chance of getting a hit somewhere.

Last edited:

Attachments

• teeth Amanda Fravel.JPG
    teeth Amanda Fravel.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 3
  • teeth cave jane doe 1986 las vegas nevada.JPG
    teeth cave jane doe 1986 las vegas nevada.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
amanda_lee_fravel_1.jpg
amanda_lee_fravel_1.jpg
362UFNV.jpg

I did a lay-over in Excel between picture of Amanda and Carl's recon..it's perfect.

Highly recommend listening to this podcast episode about Amanda's case Amanda Fravel: The Ultimate Puzzle from UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Not sure if podcasts count as MSM so I won't go into detail on here, but have a listen and the episode gives a clear lead on a POI if anyone fancies going down a rabbit hole! I'm going to start looking into it.

More detail on the FB page for Amanda's missing persons case. Missing Amanda Lee Fravel

Listened to the Podcast. Actually I was a little disappointed about the "additional" information that was provided. Off course it's totally wonderful that Mandy's case gets more attention, but still. We have to be careful about a possible POI. Is this person an official POI in Mandy's case? If he was and using a supposed alias, LE would have found that out by now, I guess. But America is different....moving from state to state under different aliases you could stay under the radar for a very very long time, as history proofs. If he is not an official POI it's not allowed to be mentioned here.

What I wrote down listening to the Podcast:
- Address of Mandy and her roommate is not exactly known
- First living with her/a friend and her new husband, then moved out.
- Had a place to stay but not much money, so she placed an add for a roommate. Roommate is the supposed, but not confirmed POI.
- Mandy had a ticket send by her mother to fly to CA on the 14th of June 1986.
- Mandy went missing on Friday the 13th. Supposed to pick up a Taco-Bell payment and visiting her ex boyfriend Xavier. She didn't make it to the Taco-bell and neither to her ex boyfriend. Says who? How was this verified, who was asked? Can we trust this people, are they faithful?
- It seems to be that the possible POI was the only "witness" but he probably lied about his identity. If this is true, that alone is a big red flag.

Did Mandy ever send a picture of her and this roommate. Who were her other friends at the time. Do they have pictures?

Does anyone know if Amanda’s roommate was African American?

I’m working on a case with very similar circumstances and wanted to see if there is a possible connection. Another young woman missing from Vegas about this time with an older male roommate.
Can you remind me of his name or initials? If this is the case I’m thinking of I recall looking up people with the room mates name and finding a living male on fb who fitted the age and name and yes he was African American.

Can you remind me of his name or initials? If this is the case I’m thinking of I recall looking up people with the room mates name and finding a living male on fb who fitted the age and name and yes he was African American.
The roommates name was Lew Franks, many believe this to be an alias as to no info found with that name.

This link is no longer working
Hi, I'm hoping some websleuths here can help you with suggestions. I see someone suggested a lawyer for advice, perhaps that would work or a free or close to free legal clinic. Or one of the missing persons groups like NAMus might be able to give you advice. I would also suggest local media in Vegas. Keep us posted as to what happens, good luck!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back