CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Court Dates:

February 19th- Tuesday
PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am

March 11th- Monday
PF Wrongful Death - Scheduling and Planning Conference - 1:30 pm

April 4th - Thursday
Disposition Hearing (Custody) - 8:30am

June 24th - Monday
KK- Review Hearing - 11 am - Teller County
(KK is allowed to appear for review hearings by phone until closer to sentencing)

Hi Rio,
And I understood the judge to say sentence will be 12 to 18 months plus probation and delayed sentence until after trial which could be two months or two years. And she cannot speak to press during that time.

The district attorney in the presser said that that her charge is a charge that carries no mandatory sentence at all. He said that it will be totally up to the judge and that both sides will have an opinion as to what she ought to face but ultimately is up to the judge.

But perhaps her plea deal has a minimum of probation, two months in prison, and if aggravated ranging up to three years in prison. He also mentioned the possibility of a halfway house.

From my transcript, it says that the sentence start anywhere from probation. And it doesn't include any time in prison.

I thought it also was very interesting where he said that there are laws that negotiations are considered private matters, not even other co-defendants are allowed to know what happens in negotiations of felons. He said he could not speak to that at this time, that he thought that was a fair question, and at some point he thought it is one that needs to be answered but he could not comment at this time.

He also stated very clearly, that he could not comment on the person, he said person not persons, that were solicited

9568216-6683557-No_trace_Officials_have_still_not_discovered_the_body_of_missing-m-19_1549645835361.jpg

I don't think I've ever said before how much this little angel looks like her mom's side of the family. And I'm thankful!

In the PC did he say that Kelsey was murdered on or about the 22nd??????? I hope that's not what I heard but what that means is she never got the chance to spend her Thanksgiving with her daughter as we suspected.
Well, apparently that "special place" isn't prison. Because I don't think she is going there, not for long anyway.
Feeling the pain for the family. Anyway you look at her involvement it just sucks. I am glad she is a witness but she is no victim.

I wonder why it was worded that particular way. It implies the phone was not necessarily destroyed, or even disposed of.
The tampering charge filed in court included the statutory language i.e., mutilated, etc. --which I believe people took literally. Perhaps KB's phone is already in evidence. We'll have to wait and see.... MOO

Wasn’t it said here...or I read it early on...that LE found Kelsey’s phone in a desk drawer in the hospital where KKL worked? There was some discussion about it and it was dropped. I always wondered about that but it was never discussed anymore.
Oh, wow, I never heard that. I know we suspected that LE tracked her down somehow involving the phone.
But for some reason I thought I read in an article posted the other day that she actually came to them. I could be wrong, but if it's true I wonder if it was around the same time the R's said they called LE. Imo

The district attorney in the presser said that that her charge is a charge that carries no mandatory sentence at all. He said that it will be totally up to the judge and that both sides will have an opinion as to what she ought to face but ultimately is up to the judge.

But perhaps her plea deal has a minimum of probation, two months in prison, and if aggravated ranging up to three years in prison. He also mentioned the possibility of a halfway house.

From my transcript, it says that the sentence start anywhere from probation. And it doesn't include any time in prison.

I thought it also was very interesting where he said that there are laws that negotiations are considered private matters, not even other co-defendants are allowed to know what happens in negotiations of felons. He said he could not speak to that at this time, that he thought that was a fair question, and at some point he thought it is one that needs to be answered but he could not comment at this time.

He also stated very clearly, that he could not comment on the person, he said person not persons, that were solicited
I hope Kelsey's family,and loved ones get to have a say in her sentencing. Being as Kelsey didn't get to have a say in hers. Kelsey didn't get the luxury of a plea. Before her life was snuffed out.

KK pleads guilty to felony tampering with physical evidence in the murder of KB. However, KK is protected under the law. KB should have been protected :(
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member