CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
or like any respectable LE person would do they may have contacted KB and asked her questions and let her know about the tip......
Because naturally they are all respectable, every one of them..

And if they DID contact KB, she might decide to confront PF, and you can’t predict how he would react. Tipping off the target doesn’t necessarily make the target safe.

She didn’t have proof. And she Apparently did not have the faith in law-enforcement that you do. Or her trust in them was trumped by her fear of the person you yourself called a bully and a control freak. JMO

But you're surmising that KK's telling the truth that she was scared of PF because he allegedly threatened her.

How do you know that for a fact?
It may just be an excuse to cover her own backside.

Even if she was afraid, she still should have done the moral thing and told LE, a minister, KB, her family.

Instead she keeps quiet, tampers with evidence knowing a murder has been committed, and starts squealing after LE nailed her.

MOO

And if they DID contact KB, she might decide to confront PF, and you can’t predict how he would react. Tipping off the target doesn’t necessarily make the target safe.

I'm not going to get in to some LE bashing , I will just say in my experience LE are there to protect and serve and that they would not take a murder for hire plot lightly! Thats my experience and with many members of my family working in LE my life experiences may differenciate from your own! MOO

Yeah, hope she owns her home free and clear....don't think she'll be working as a nurse while time passes her by....I mean...time passes.
Well there are signs “No Trespassing” posted at her driveway ... which is more than KB had to protect her ... seriously after she gives her statement and it’s in the file do we care if she’s protected? She didn’t protect KB ... #bitetongue

I choose to place my faith in LE and consider most of them to be respectable, honest and will try to help the public when a member of the public reports they have been solicited to assist in murdering a young mother.
If we cannot trust LE who do we trust?
MOO

I could not disagree with you more strongly, respectfully. I don’t know what your life experiences have been, but by and large the police are reactive rather than proactive. I say that not as a criticism but simply as reality. I even had a police officer lecture me for half an hour one day about that very topic, when I was trying to get him to do something about my ex.

There are many stories of women murdered after they went to the police. After restraining orders were issued. If she had gone to the police in Idaho, here is what I believe would’ve happened. They would’ve filed a report . Then maybe, just maybe, they would’ve actually gotten in touch with police in Colorado. And someone would’ve recognized his last name and connected him to his brother-in-law enforcement and his uncle in law enforcement. Or someone would recognize that he’s a farrier Who is always done good work for them or their parents or whoever. He couldn’t possibly be guilty of what this strange woman up in Idaho is accusing him of, could he? But they would get in touch with him. What would that accomplish? It would be he said she said. Only now he would know what KK did. And some bullies are not cowards. Some bullies keep on going until someone actually stops them. And if he was feeling outraged enough, who knows If he might flip his lid and take out both women instead of just one. Just my opinion.
Regrettably, I have to agree with you. But, then again, taking out KK? We're supposed to be "outraged." I highly doubt KB would agree to "take out" anyone. She was of purer countenance. I hate typing this, but KK lacks any moral fibre whatsoever. She KNEW what PF was planning. I know that sounds cruel, but KK IS a CRUEL person despite what she would like to project now. She had NO compunction in seeing KB murdered. She KNEW it was going to happen sooner than later and ONLY thought of herself! Sorry, she is a b****. I have NO sympathy for her. I just can't help it. Does she deserve to die. NO! But she didn't care enough about another mother do to anything about it. She deserves no sympathy or empathy.

She was solicited to commit murder.

Not only did she do nothing to prevent it, but she participated to an extent.

The mother of a young daughter is dead; this woman could have prevented it.

If this is ok, if this is where the goalposts are located, then I sure as hell don’t want to play on that field.

This is all sorts of wrong.
Hear hear! Preach it, @MassGuy !!!!!

I think some people truly believe that the prosecution is getting the raw end of the deal with this plea agreement, but I really do not believe this to be the case.

I think the fact that KK was quickly located and taken in shows that they've had her from the get go; I think they laid out for her exactly what they could and would do to her if she didn't cooperate, and I think that's why she did. I do not believe this woman has a moral compass or a heart, I don't think she talked because she felt bad. She only talked because she knew what the alternative was.

I also believe they have the phone and purse. I think KK has been pinpointing where the body could be, as I believe that is the only reason they would search a landfill; landfill searches can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and usually are not done for things like a purse or phone.

This broad has been talking since the first day LE approached her. Whatever she gave them made them certain enough of KK's death and PF's involvement that they were able to arrest him on 12/21 without a body. They've been hanging onto her since then, weeks and weeks and weeks of negotiations...she gives them a bit, they verify it, then move on to the next.

This is not a blind plea deal where KK said, yeah well I know some things, and I'll tell you what they are at trial if you give me a deal. LE and the DA already know absolutely everything they need, and it's all been verified, and only then was she allowed to actually plea to the charge they gave her.

DA May sounds like an ultra ethical, super on-top-of-it DA; I am excited to see what he delivers on 2/19. Hopefully people will be a tad less upset, but I do understand why the outrage today. She's disgusting.
I was strongly in your court yesterday until hearing her read her statement today. I strongly see the defense using her against him. It might be she helped. She did it. She is a lover scorned. I hope she has strong evidence because after today, she needs to bring it because she is risky, imo.

Anyhow...late to the party today..but just saw a lil bit of the hearing on the news.
WOW! Sniffle, sniffle, sniffle....
just despicable
"I learned of the homicide...." and must have been sooooooooooo terrified that she had to...
stop at the Sonic by KB's to feed her face with a chili dog.
spare me!
((((hand))))

I'm not going to get in to some LE bashing , I will just say in my experience LE are there to protect and serve and that they would not take a murder for hire plot lightly! Thats my experience and with many members of my family working in LE my life experiences may differenciate from your own! MOO
Ha! Exactly.

Look, we don’t know exactly how this would play out if KK did the right thing, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pass judgement on her for what she failed to do, and what she admitted to doing.

If it is EVER ok for someone to take no action when someone’s life is on the line, then sorry, I don’t find that remotely acceptable.

Can you imagine how many more people would be dead in plots like this, if everyone just kept quiet and blamed it on fear?!

Inaction may be easier, but when a life is on the line, the cost is too damn great.

I could not disagree with you more strongly, respectfully. I don’t know what your life experiences have been, but by and large the police are reactive rather than proactive. I say that not as a criticism but simply as reality. I even had a police officer lecture me for half an hour one day about that very topic, when I was trying to get him to do something about my ex.

There are many stories of women murdered after they went to the police. After restraining orders were issued. If she had gone to the police in Idaho, here is what I believe would’ve happened. They would’ve filed a report . Then maybe, just maybe, they would’ve actually gotten in touch with police in Colorado. And someone would’ve recognized his last name and connected him to his brother-in-law enforcement and his uncle in law enforcement. Or someone would recognize that he’s a farrier Who is always done good work for them or their parents or whoever. He couldn’t possibly be guilty of what this strange woman up in Idaho is accusing him of, could he? But they would get in touch with him. What would that accomplish? It would be he said she said. Only now he would know what KK did. And some bullies are not cowards. Some bullies keep on going until someone actually stops them. And if he was feeling outraged enough, who knows If he might flip his lid and take out both women instead of just one. Just my opinion.

When a child's life has been threatened, I've personally found LE to be incredibly reactive to the point of immediately filling out a police report so that the mother can use it to obtain a protection order. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever if KK had taken PF's threats about her children to her local police they would have reacted immediately and also would have alerted the WP police.

I don't believe PF threatened her children. I think that is a flat-out lie and just one of many out of KK's mouth.

JMO

And not tipping off the target.....well that guranteed that she wouldn't be safe....

It may seem weird to us that KK would go get junk food if she was that scared. However, stress eating and emotional eating are both common reactions to both acute and prolonged stress. Cortisol levels remain elevated with prolonged stress and trigger increased appetite.

KK getting fast food might actually fit with her reported experience of stress and fear. Yes, she knew PF had killed KB. And she felt hungry/had an appetite.

Still totally bizarre behavior for us onlookers.

Not saying this is now validating that she was feeling frightened by PF. Just saying eating is a very common coping skill in such situations.
Perhaps for a narc. It's certainly not how I would react to stress. Just sayin' :)

They probably were watching everyone’s body language....media, lawyers, family and hers....now they may ask for the trial to be moved because everyone knows what is going on, a high profile case.

You are probably right. The one thing i think would be crazy is for them to ask for the trial to be moved, I think he will have far more luck with his locals than elsewhere, just based on reactions that have been out there so far.

I don't give a flying fig newton if she had a salad and sushi that night- I understand stress eating, I understand being fat- hell, I am fat- what about it? Can we stop with the comments about her weight and looking for her to be pregnant? It just sounds so juvenile and high schoolish, grown adults talking like this. I get that most of us can't stand her- but tear apart her actions, not her body or her face.

Now back to KK: She is mad because she got caught, period. I bet she regrets the moment she told her best friend that PF asked her to help kill Kelsey three times. I bet she is even more angry at her best friend (she probably hates her now) for being so upset herself that she told her bosses, who are both lawyers, what was going on. KK had time to stop this, to prevent Kelsey's death and possibly her own, if PF threatened her in any way.

Not to mention, just how low would PF go, after getting what he wants the first, second, etc times he demands help from a woman? Would he have threatened her children or her family?

Also, according to the lawyers in their interview, KK's best friend told them that KK thinks that he might have killed before. So, what gave her this impression? Is there possibly another victim out there, perhaps not recent, that he might have done the same? I would love to find out why KK thinks that- he must have said something to make her feel that he murdered before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member