Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #3 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If going to that park bench from haworth st..where would he have parked his car?
Im guessing that something must be convincing police that they were in that park and more specifically at that bench.
Someone referred to the police "using evidence markers" - to the best of my knowledge the C.S.I would place those numbered markers in order to flag specific evidence to police.
By the very nature of this,then it should follow that the very presence of a marker would suggest that evidence is in that location?
Also another thing to ponder...
He has only been questioned about abduction thus far?
Am i correct in thinking that his P.A.C.E clock refers only to questioning and detention on the suspicion of abduction?
If he was released today then immediately arrested on suspicion of murder...seperate charge-new P.A.C.E clock?
Im just wondering whether this could be why the police have been keen to stress that his current detention is on suspicion of abduction?

Of course this may be incorrect...in which case, just do what my wife does and ignore me :)

Absolutely agree with that ! The Daily Fail is not known for its accuracy.

True, but in this case I do wonder. If this CCTV was him and Libby and 'central' to the case as ITV have said then why has it been released? It now can't be used as evidence in a trial as every man and his dog has seen it. Right?

True, but in this case I do wonder. If this CCTV was him and Libby and 'central' to the case as ITV have said then why has it been released? It now can't be used as evidence in a trial as every man and his dog has seen it. Right?
I didn't know that. But maybe it was okay to release it because they have a better one.

If police are back at Oak Field searching the fields & bench and only yesterday they were quizzing residents about lodgers/ whether they are familiar with the car plus they are still searching his house....I am feeling like they are still searching for the ‘end of the story’ and don’t have a good handle on where LS is.

They may have the most likely guilty suspect but it feels like they are racing in a few directions to have enough to prove it.

If going to that park bench from haworth st..where would he have parked his car?
Im guessing that something must be convincing police that they were in that park and more specifically at that bench.
Someone referred to the police "using evidence markers" - to the best of my knowledge the C.S.I would place those numbered markers in order to flag specific evidence to police.
By the very nature of this,then it should follow that the very presence of a marker would suggest that evidence is in that location?
Also another thing to ponder...
He has only been questioned about abduction thus far?
Am i correct in thinking that his P.A.C.E clock refers only to questioning and detention on the suspicion of abduction?
If he was released today then immediately arrested on suspicion of murder...seperate charge-new P.A.C.E clock?
Im just wondering whether this could be why the police have been keen to stress that his current detention is on suspicion of abduction?

Of course this may be incorrect...in which case, just do what my wife does and ignore me :)

I think one of our legal eagles answered that for us at some point- Murder/ manslaughter would be a completely new charge and the clock starts again- however if they charged him with abduction he would be held in custody anyways and lawyer up and stop talking. I think that was case.

We only saw a very small collection of snippets of the whole video.

Even if those bits can't be shown (and I'm not sure if they can or cant).

Surely the bits we have not seen can be.

Isn't there something like 6 minutes we havnt seen.

The police will certainly have guided the sun on what parts could be shown and what couldn't.

The Sun have already said they agreed not to show the footage last Sunday when they first got it as the police asked them not to.

So I think it's reasonable to assume that the police also had a hand in editing it and only letting become public what they felt was appropriate.

Police use infrared cameras in hunt for missing student Libby Squire | Daily Mail Online

[...]

High-tech cameras were used to search outbuildings in Hull near the home of the philosophy student who went missing after a night out on January 31.

[...]

And neighbours were quizzed by detectives who handed them a form with seven questions to complete.

A source told the Sun: 'It asked where they were the night Libby went missing, if they know her, had they seen any suspicious activity in the street before the arrest and had they ever noticed the car before.'

[...]

upload_2019-2-10_14-31-36.jpegupload_2019-2-10_14-31-48.jpegupload_2019-2-10_14-32-0.jpegupload_2019-2-10_14-32-13.jpegupload_2019-2-10_14-32-29.jpegupload_2019-2-10_14-32-41.jpegupload_2019-2-10_14-32-54.jpeg

I don't know TTWO. But I'm thinking this is not the best the police have, otherwise it wouldn't have been released? Oh and the "central" to the case bit - is that really from Police or newspaper opinion? If only we knew everything eh ?

I’m no expert, but I’m sure it would still be ok to use in a trial? Having seen it before wouldn’t necessarily prejudice anyone? Maybe that’s why the police haven’t commented on it or identified who’s in the video.

If it had been released officially by the police and they said for certain “this is P putting Libby in the car” then it would be a different story I think.

I could be completely wrong though

If police are back at Oak Field searching the fields & bench and only yesterday they were quizzing residents about lodgers/ whether they are familiar with the car plus they are still searching his house....I am feeling like they are still searching for the ‘end of the story’ and don’t have a good handle on where LS is.

They may have the most likely guilty suspect but it feels like they are racing in a few directions to have enough to prove it.

I agree.

I hope they have something solid and are only filling in gaps now. Apart from searching for Libby that is.

I don't know TTWO. But I'm thinking this is not the best the police have, otherwise it wouldn't have been released? Oh and the "central" to the case bit - is that really from Police or newspaper opinion? If only we knew everything eh ?

I assume/hope they have much better!

We only saw a very small collection of snippets of the whole video.

Even if those bits can't be shown (and I'm not sure if they can or cant).

Surely the bits we have not seen can be.

Isn't there something like 6 minutes we havnt seen.

The police will certainly have guided the sun on what parts could be shown and what couldn't.

The Sun have already said they agreed not to show the footage last Sunday when they first got it as the police asked them not to.

So I think it's reasonable to assume that the police also had a hand in editing it and only letting become public what they felt was appropriate.

I mean TBH this footage to me is just not good enough quality anyway so Police may have found much better and then given the press the go ahead to release it.

Hopefully some things get an answer later today, though I suspect even more questions will get raised!

The driver of the car that is parked behind the suspect car in Haworth Street CVTV that moves off before, have they not come forward? Surely easy to place yourself there at that time. Unless they don't want to be implicated and/or English not a first language or don't look online. Their car would have been directly behind on same side of road or opposite.

Another ponderence.....

What if the guy in custody is not the car driver but the cyclist in the cctv?
Head just keeps spinning this thing around!

I wonder if that other car that drives past is involved.

It's a dead end so not as if it will be a busy road seems odd that in such a short period of time another car is driving off.

The driver of the car that is parked behind the suspect car in Haworth Street CVTV that moves off before, have they not come forward? Surely easy to place yourself there at that time. Unless they don't want to be implicated and/or English not a first language or don't look online. Their car would have been directly behind on same side of road or opposite.

I've just posted about that car too..why would it be on a dead end road at that time of night unless the drivee lived there or was visiting someone

I'm assuming the police have done door to door enquiries on there already.

Cctv footage would only be useful IF it could be proved that the accused person actually appears in it!
If this cannot be proven then obviously the "its not me guv" line of defence would be very effective.
Footage having been in the public domain does not preclude its use in court.
As there could be no inferrence of bias as nobody actually knows who or what is shown on it!
The judge would not rule the evidence inadmissible because even if you have seen it ..i really dont think that what you see makes any impression upon the guilt or innocence of anyone.
The newspapers making huge play of "foreign butcher" and plastering his name everywhere ......now i could make an argument that this could create unfair prejudice against a potential suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member