Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly think this man had good intentions. I could be wrong of course, but I think he tried
Records: Girl sent FBI letter, recordings of abuse by adoptive Monroe County father

The SD card they mailed featured an audio-recording of alleged sexual abuse by Pruitt, the video recording she'd secretly made of him and photos of Pruitt, records state.

They drove to St. Louis to mail the package to the FBI there, records state. It was mailed Jan. 27 or 28.

"The SD card also contained a video that (the teen) made using a burner phone -- the purpose of which was to assure her family that she was alive and well," the lawyers state.

They didn't know if the FBI got the package or what they did with it. In the meantime, Pruitt was arrested and charged with rape in Tennessee.

Remember, this is from a court filing from his attorney....so why did he lie when the FBI came to his house at 4:00, and when authorities came back at 8:00 SP was found hiding in the closet?

Rogers faces a court hearing Tuesday afternoon in U.S. District Court in Madison.

Haven’t finished catching up but wanted to respond before I lost the place. I feel like initially when cops came to the door he probably assumed they were there because there was a missing girl, and that they were there to find her and take her home. RP being arrested happened right around the same time as the FBI showing up at B’s house, he probably didn’t know yet.

Last edited:
Wow!!! Just.....WOW!!!!
So, she wasn't held against her will in a dungeon. And she was taken out in public and had every opportunity to run from BDR, if that was her will (12-hour round-trip to Mo.). And he provided her with a means to contact anyone she wanted and, apparently, at any time as it seems he left her alone quite a bit. And the intent was ALWAYS to contact LE, when she felt safe and ready to do so.

It seems that he tried to find ways to help her before he went to fetch her but nothing was going to work out so he felt he had no choice but to go get her.

I am sooooo proud of this girl. She was in such a desperate situation and had tried to find ways out (including committing suicide) but was so trapped. What incredible courage she showed!!! Against all odds (just like JC), she saved herself. She's obviously got what it takes to recover from this. What a strong will and survival instinct!!!!!

(In the small minority of not having to be a flip-flopper. lol)

I'm happy and relieved to hear that BR might not have harmed SP. He still broke the law with the recording coercion and taking her across country. Good Lord man, you're a college graduate with a job IRL. How could he have been so foolish??

My hinky meter is still up, but it will be interesting to see if LE and FBI will negotiate on his charges.

FTR, I don't follow SM so I was not privy to all the rumors floating around <nor do I want to be>. I wondered where the thoughts were coming from that he might have been just a jughead.

Oh hey! SLP was young and isolated enough that real or unfounded rumors probably weren't out there. I wasn't aware of any. SLP was a "nobody", just like SP wanted. She is not a nobody anymore.

Couple things struck me. The lack of additional charges beyond the single charge and ensuing silence from LE. SLP would have filled in the blanks for LE pretty fast. I thought they might be trying to sort out what this guy was all about.

Second, SLP was kept in a house with BR and his mother. Pretty hard to imagine how SLP could be kept there and not have a chance to notify the "unaware" mother, or simply escape.

Third, what was learned of BR didn't reveal warning signs that could lead to a worst case scenario here.

And I could only envision two options, as a gray area is not possible here. Monster or Jughead.

Last edited:
Unless it is murder, there are mitigating factors in felony cases.

What if B.D.R.'s motivation was to "save" S.P. and he believed that in order to "save" her there needed to be proof.

I can't think of a more horrible way to get "proof" other than being murdered. It was atrocious but without this "proof", the stepfather wouldn't see any jail time. In my opinion.

There is no dispute that B.D.R. drove there, took S.P. (a minor) across a state line. There is evidence that B.D.R. requested the rape be taped for "proof", and that S.P. sent it to B.D.R. There's no disputing that either.

The argument will be whether there were "mitigating factors". What was his motivation behind all of this? Any criminal history in his background?

His D.N.A. will have already be inputted into CODIS so any matches to crimes/rapes will be discovered if evidence exists in CODIS that matches his D.N.A.

We don't know what B.D.R.'s mother will testify to any of this. I don't know if she was as frightened as S.P. and B.D.R. This will all come out in the Grand Jury.

Sometimes there's an indictment and sometimes there isn't. It's up to the Grand Jury.

Then, if and when it goes to trial, there's still no guarantee that the jury there will convict. And if they do, it could be to a lesser charge. Anything can happen in court and usually does.

I really believe that the top-notch lawyer B.D.R. has representing him is motivated by the "gray areas of the law"/mitigating factors.

I think this case could set a precedent.

I am reposting my old post to underline the gray areas of the law and the mitigating factors which I believed (and still do) speak to why this particular law firm chose to represent B.D.R.

Marcus J. Berghahn.

I have no doubt that Mr. Berghahn contacted B.D.R. because this case could set a precedent. In my opinion, this case does contain "gray areas" of the law.

Information is now being available that is highlighting what I believe will illustrate the "gray areas" in this case. We were not privy to any of this information before now.

The possibility of gray areas and mitigating factors were the reasons which I, and others on this thread, felt that this would turn out to be an interesting case.

Last edited:
Her father killed and skinned her dog? That is pure and simple horrifying intimidation.
It will be interesting to know if she did get in touch with her family and if so who.
I'd like to know this too - if she contacted her family. I wonder if she changed her mind after seeing her parent's interviews? I hope they charge him for killing the dog too. :mad:
I'm happy and relieved to hear that BR might not have harmed SP. He still broke the law with the recording coercion and taking her across country. Good Lord man, you're a college graduate with a job IRL. How could he have been so foolish??

My hinky meter is still up, but it will be interesting to see if LE and FBI will negotiate on his charges.

FTR, I don't follow SM so I was not privy to all the rumors floating around <nor do I want to be>. I wondered where the thoughts were coming from that he might have been just a jughead.

Yep, he's still in some trooooouuuuuble but my hopes are high that SLP wasn't abused further by BDR. Thank God. This is very good news! :)
MOO

Here is the court doc that was filed today. If you read the WHOLE thing and especially the last pages it explains a lot of the questions about what laws may or may not have been violated. It's not very graphic, it references things we already knew but really talks about what happened.

P.S you all owe me $3.00 for the doc. LOL JK

Attachments

• court doc.pdf
    255 KB · Views: 147
Here is the court doc that was filed today. If you read the WHOLE thing and especially the last pages it explains a lot of the questions about what laws may or may not have been violated. It's not very graphic, it references things we already knew but really talks about what happened.

Hahaha. I wonder if they'd let us take up a collection in here? So, this is safer to read than that first CC we were subjected to? :)

I can see something like that, although I would speculate social development issues rather than a creeper. But my 23yo son still builds worlds on RoBlox, so I might be a little biased...
Honestly, for me, my suspicions about BR had nothing to do with him playing RoBlox. I know a couple of perfectly normal, sometimes quirky, dudes that play online without a thought to creepin. I have asked one <20 yo> what he would have done in this situation, and he said:

'I wouldn't be having those kind of discussions with a 14 yo', also 'a lot of girls say they're older than they are but you can tell after a few chats'.

'I would have probably told my mom if the girl somehow sent information, but would never have asked for it. I'd have been too scared'.

Interesting to me his response as a younger man.

I am reposting my old post to underline the gray areas of the law and the mitigating factors which I believed (and still do) speak to why this particular law firm is representing B.D.R.

Marcus J. Berghahn.

I have no doubt that Mr. Berghahn contacted B.D.R. because this case could set a precedent. In my opinion, this case does contain "gray areas" of the law.

Information is now being available that is highlighting what I believe will illustrate the "gray areas" in this case. We were not privy to any of this information before now.

The possibility of gray areas and mitigating factors were the reasons which I, and others on this thread, felt that this would turn out to be an interesting case.

That was a gutsy post last Thursday. Your thoughts on the lawyer are right on, IMO. This will be a really interesting case to watch. I think at the end of the day, everyone wants the same thing- justice to be served.

I have a fascination with the Richard Jewel case, the Olympic "bomber". How will the SLP case turn out?

Richard Jewell - Wikipedia

Yes, it does reference their text communication but not the actual yucky stuff.

Thank you. I don't think I could handle more of the yucky right now. Hey, it sure got quiet in here. Must be a lot of reading going on :) I better hop to it! IMO you really do get those monthly sleuthing honors!

Thank you. I don't think I could handle more of the yucky right now. Hey, it sure got quiet in here. Must be a lot of reading going on :) I better hop to it! IMO you really do get those monthly sleuthing honors!

Just SO relieved that this appears to be someone who helped SLP, not hurt her. But thank you :)

From the Link: "The SD card also contained a video that (the teen) made using a burner phone -- the purpose of which was to assure her family that she was alive and well," the lawyers state.

Records: Girl sent FBI letter, recordings of abuse by adoptive Monroe County father

So I wonder if she actually made any direct contact with family? It doesn't appear that way from the article.

My interpretation of the article is that the video assuring her family that she’s alive & well was sent to the FBI—with the idea that the FBI can pass along whatever info they want.

That actually seems smart to me. The FBI knows why she’s run away, and can reassure or put pressure on various family members as they see fit.

Thank you so much.

"There is no evidence that Bryan Rogers attempted to distribute the recording that KV sent him to anyone other than the FBI."

Still reading, but here is an I O U :)
MOO

I'm jumping ahead a bit here so I apologize if this has already been stated. According to the Criminal Complaint* LE was able to see what had occurred (the rape), clearly enough to bring charges against Rogers. The complaint in fact gives a graphic description of what was seen on the video.

So... why did Rogers insist that the video was too blurry to give to LE? This statement alone convinces me he was no Good Samaritan. That plus his hesitation to contact LE says to me that he did not intend to pass the video on to LE. So the question remains: What was his intention? I have my personal opinion which I stated in an earlier post.

He lied to LE, again, based on his statement that the video was too blurry - which it was not. But aside from that, the facts are that he broke Federal laws and so IMO the charge against him is logical. If/when he goes to trial other statements and evidence can be brought as mitigating circumstances but his current charge is right on. MOO.

*The link is somewhere in the thread and unfortunately I was only able to download it so I can't give the actual source. I'll look after I post this and if I find it I'll link to the poster who initially posted).

Thanks for the documents.

I hope to see @gitana1 's opinion on BR's lawyer's memorandum before I comment. :)

**Off to read the docs now**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member