Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The search seems a little lacklustre... they appear to really start after 12 or 1pm and stop by around 3pm. Just cutting down areas daily that if they have to cut down with chainsaws, it's doubtful anyone was even there in the first place. It's like they have almost given up and it's a show so they are seen to be doing something when in reality they are just waiting for her body to surface from the river.

I agree- I hate that I have many a time googled bodies and water and tides.

That footage showing her handling/pocketing something on the way in (be it phone/cash/cashline card/ID/mirror) is intriguing. As others stated, the police said the phone in her house yielded no "further insight" into her movements that night. Their wording is frustratingly ambiguous, as they don't firmly state the GPS data confirmed she'd left it at home. But yeah, if we go with her pals' comments, we need to assume she's handling something other than a phone here, or borrowing a friend's.

I know what you mean. I've just watched it a few more times. I think she reaches into her coat pocket, counts out her money in front of her and then pushes her hair behind her ear. She is seen pushing her hair behind her ear in a later clip too.
It may be that we are so used to seeing phones, and are expecting phones, that we see phones.

Compare Newland, Humberside Police - Police.uk

In the year ending September 2018, the crime rate in Kingston upon Hull was higher than the average crime rate across similar areas.

So I am guessing the police would have good experience in crime.

Or the crime rate is high because of what a poor police service they are. Humberside police are poor performing.

I know what you mean. I've just watched it a few more times. I think she reaches into her coat pocket, counts out her money in front of her and then pushes her hair behind her ear. She is seen pushing her hair behind her ear in a later clip too.

Yep. That's what I think also.
She's wearing a leather jacket and in my experience, leather jackets for women usually have pretty small pockets. This might be why she didn't take out her phone. Smart phones are a bit bulky for a small fitted leather jacket pocket. It's probably just her taking out her purse/ID/money.

The search seems a little lacklustre... they appear to really start after 12 or 1pm and stop by around 3pm. Just cutting down areas daily that if they have to cut down with chainsaws, it's doubtful anyone was even there in the first place. It's like they have almost given up and it's a show so they are seen to be doing something when in reality they are just waiting for her body to surface from the river.

I think that’s very harsh.

Would also point out that these searches of the park are only part of the entire investigation. We only really know about them each day because of the reporter and cameraman there taking photos. There’s undoubtedly far more going on that we don’t know about.

I think that’s very harsh.

Would also point out that these searches of the park are only part of the entire investigation. We only really know about them each day because of the reporter and cameraman there taking photos. There’s undoubtedly far more going on that we don’t know about.

Perhaps. It's just if they believed she was in the water and did nothing it would look very bad. They are not doubt carrying out further investigations but apparently not searches for a physical body. The only reason I could see her still being alive is by being kept hostage some place and I do not believe that at all or anything points to that.

In earlier reports I did read that her mum state that. She actually said, Libby's phone is in her bedroom. She made it home. Simple..

I don't think this is correct. Do you have a source for this?

The only quote I can find from Libby's mother is this ""She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home ..simple."
This was written on Facebook by Libby's mother and then quoted in the media. It was her response to a post questioning why Libby would vacate the taxi before reaching her house. Her mother was confirming that this wasn't the case, Libby arrived her house in the taxi. She was home.

Information about the Facebook quote is in this article:
Hundreds of students join hunt for missing woman, 21, last seen leaving a taxi after night out | Daily Mail Online

Perhaps. It's just if they believed she was in the water and did nothing it would look very bad. They are not doubt carrying out further investigations but apparently not searches for a physical body. The only reason I could see her still being alive is by being kept hostage some place and I do not believe that at all or anything points to that.
I agree it looks less and less likely she’s still alive unfortunately, but unless they’ve got some major evidence that points to her entering the water they can hardly just assume she’s ended up there.

Haven’t been able to get on all day and have just logged in to see I need to catch up on 470 posts . Would anyone catch me up on any major developments? Thank you

I hate to admit it because I never have a bad word to say about the police, I generally think they do a great job considering all the cuts etc. BUT, I'm starting to think they may have messed up a little bit here. I guess its the choice of strimming and using chain saws cutting back areas that I can't see would give them much benefit. If it is a body they are looking for i would have thought they would have had dogs out helping. If its evidence, discarded items etc surely they could get shredded and missed?

I also wonder if they did have something on the suspect originally and errors in policing or evidence gathering could have jeopardised the conviction so CPS can't charge?

Obviously this is pure speculation and my own opinion.

Further to my previous message...I wonder if they flew in additional detectives / help because there were errors made and people had been taken off the case?

On the Daily Mail website they updated the article with a much clearer look at the footage.

Whilst I'd like to believe it a complete coincidence I must admit I see what looks like a silver 2004-2010 Astra at ~0:59. What do other car people think?

Further to my previous message...I wonder if they flew in additional detectives / help because there were errors made and people had been taken off the case?

Seems to be a very negative view on the case ?

I just watched the slowed down version of the new CCTV footage on the DM youtube. at 0.51 I see a silver/white(?) car drive right by Libby. *shudder* Anyone else spot that?

It's weird that the person filming the CCTV zooms in so much at this point so you can barely see the road or Libby.
I didn’t at first but now you’ve mentioned it I had another look & yes!! Looks to me like a silver 4 door Astra!?
There also seems to be a clearer version of the cctv on DM website & now I’m thinking my first thought was wrong, as a previous poster has said I think we expect phones so we see phones, it is probably ID & her hand brushing her hair away as she does it again in the clip. The car is spooky though!

Im a couple of pages back as I've done the school run! This thread moves fast!
I actually think she looks very drunk. From 0.12 in the video she staggers into the fence and then a couple of seconds later she stumbles again. I am not sure if she is on a phone or if she was putting her hair behind her ear. She has nothing on her legs and its snowing! She must have been freezing. Perhaps why she got in the car.. if she did of course. Although the last sighting of 12.08 is coincidently when that car drove off so it would make sense that it is her. Perhaps they traced the car to the park and then to PRs home and that is why they are only searching those small areas.. but with no luck.

Can someone help please with this , why can I only see Humberside Police info from 3rd Feb , why can’t I see anything from the 1st , I had it earlier as was checking what time the police report was issued . Am I on wrong link or has it vanished , I wanted to go back to beginning and read all their reports in date / time order , thanks
Search | Humberside Police

Maybe it was just on their Twitter at first, not sure but there's this from the 1st feb.

Twitter

Can you help find missing Libby Squire (21) last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club in Hull? She is 5ft 7ins tall with shoulder length brown hair & was wearing a black long sleeved top, leather jacket & black denim skirt with lace. Call 101 quoting log 29 01/02/19.

In earlier reports I did read that her mum state that. She actually said, Libby's phone is in her bedroom. She made it home. Simple.

I guess that was prior to her knowing that Libby went out without her phone.

What you have said is a very loose paraphrase on what was actually said.

She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home … simple,” she wrote.

She was responding to a post asking why Libby “got out of taxi before getting home”.

No mention of phone in relation to her being home.

Libby Squire: mother says Hull student made it home before going missing

Haven’t been able to get on all day and have just logged in to see I need to catch up on 470 posts . Would anyone catch me up on any major developments? Thank you

Nothing major unfortunately!

10:06
Police search near pond at Oak Road Playing Fields

11:02
Reporter asked to leave the scene

11:15
Pictures from the search as cordon is reinstated and search for Libby continues

11:34
Hull shows its support

12:53
Police cordon still in place

12:54
Minimal police activity

12:59
Police using chainsaws and tools

13:06
Officers searching new area

13:11
Officers at Oak Road Playing Fields

13:16
'We need to keep Libby in our minds'

14:33
What has happened so far today

• The search for Libby Squire is in its 12th day
  • Police officers are continuing their search for the 21-year-old in Oak Road playing fields, close to where she lives
  • Officers can be seen searching the area with chainsaws and sticks as they continue to hunt for clues
15:00
Police still cutting down vegetation in Oak Road

15:17
Police search seems done for day

15:17
Police search seems done for day

Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online