Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just finished walking around the park. The river Hull seems logical if LS has indeed fallen in but it’s really not far from the Humber. If that’s the case Fort Paull shore line and spurn point have given up from the waters poor souls who have ended up in the Humber after a few weeks. Looking at the park...if a person was running from the car park then the river is near the end of a gravel path. But it’s away from houses so ongoing screams possibly doesn’t work. This is just from my observations today.
I think the screams are a red herring.

We have just finished walking around the park. The river Hull seems logical if LS has indeed fallen in but it’s really not far from the Humber. If that’s the case Fort Paull shore line and spurn point have given up from the waters poor souls who have ended up in the Humber after a few weeks. Looking at the park...if a person was running from the car park then the river is near the end of a gravel path. But it’s away from houses so ongoing screams possibly doesn’t work. This is just from my observations today.

Did you get chance to think about where the scream witness might live? Are the nearest terraced houses (Claremont, I think) within earshot? And within eyeshot of a possible running man?

And, was it busy?

It's scary to think if he has done anything to libby and they can't pin point anything on him ....He will be free to walk the streets. I hope to god this isnt the case.

I think now people will be very cautious over him unless Libby is found and it is confirmed he had nothing to do with her disappearance. I doubt he will still go and live there now will probably move. People recognise him now as he has been all over the media. It is scary I get you but atleast people are aware now that he was and is a suspect.

That is why my thoughts keep going back to the drainage creek near the square parking lot closer to her house. I keep thinking if I was her and had to run I would head towards my house area and not farther away towards the river hull. If anybody does get a look around that creek area slightly north of that square parking area I am curious how deep some of the larger pools are in that creek in the thick wooded area. When I zoomed in with google I thought I saw a few deeper pools in that creek.

Of course the water level changes a lot from day to day but maybe it would give us an idea if there is enough water in those deeper pockets in the creek near the woods near that square parking area.

I’ve noticed two things today in the Howarth Street CCTV which I hadn’t noticed before, maybe of no significance, but still...

1) the outdoor light to the left of the CCTV camera slowly dims and goes off completely prior to smoking guy appearing (some footage is cut after it goes off.)

2) When smoking guy reappears I feel like there is a possibility that he has changed clothing. In one still that I posted previously he seems to be wearing a black coat which covers the upper part of this thighs and something grey around his neck. When he returns, it looks like the coat may be lighter material and slightly shorter and I can’t see the grey scarf/ snood.

Thinking of taking a walk to Oak Road Park within the next hour or two. But hesitant because of the police presence. Don't want to step on their toes, and really don't feel like being harangued by the Hull Daily Mail etc. What does everyone think? Pretty sure the park is generally still open, we've had dog walkers around there commenting on things. I'd intended to have a nosey about around the river end, check out the gradients, get a feel for distances and so on, maybe take some snaps if the opportunity avails itself. Bad idea?

Go for it.

I think now people will be very cautious over him unless Libby is found and it is confirmed he had nothing to do with her disappearance. I doubt he will still go and live there now will probably move. People recognise him now as he has been all over the media. It is scary I get you but atleast people are aware now that he was and is a suspect.

I'd for sure recognise his face but woukd people who haven't followed the case closely? my partner for instance hasn't got a clue about anything to do with this case. Eeek scary thought.

I'm going to guess you're either not British or if you are you don't have a driving licence as all our road signs are measured in yards
I've been driving for years and I'm British and I don't know what a yard is! When the sat Nav says turn left in 200 yards I just look at the sat Nav . I have no idea ! My parents might know what a yard is though.

Police will be holding a press conference into Libby's disappearance at 2:45pm today.

13:41
Press conference to be held
No police officers searching the fields.

Humberside Police are holding a press conference this afternoon at about 2.45pm into Libby’s disappearance.

Libby Squire latest as search for Hull student enters 14th day

about time they did this. Really hope they've had a break through, they possibly have given the short notice. Fingers crossed Libbys family have answers.

I went off reading a few links about killers and how they found so much info because they had a mobile phone with them , it’s such a shame Libby didn’t have hers with her .... it’s almost as if you were trying to make a perfect crime you’d get rid of the persons phone right at the start so it led nowhere

I'm going to guess you're either not British or if you are you don't have a driving licence as all our road signs are measured in yards

Metric-raised British driver! ;) I just don't have a head for judging distances (metric or imperial!).

Let's hope I never have to mark a running man...

Catching up but I did read in MSM that SAR (Search & Rescue) from two different areas are being used. Has anyone local seen these or are the people working in the park only police?
I'm wondering where SAR are working then? Is it further down the river, other parts of Hull?

Catching up but I did read in MSM that SAR (Search & Rescue) from two different areas are being used. Has anyone local seen these or are the people working in the park only police?
I'm wondering where SAR are working then? Is it further down the river, other parts of Hull?

Very good question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member