Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stella8's right, no age was given for the son. His language seemed relatively mature to me ("eerie, dark"; "because of this pattern, I thought I must be dreaming"). I don't think we are talking about a very young witness.
I got the feeling that his dad might have put words into his kids mouth like saying 40 yards. People under 25 don't know what a yard is do they? Or are yards a Hull thing?

But we'll probably never know

Claims saying she may be up a tree are about as likely as aliens coming to abduct her. Really not a possibility in my eyes. This isn’t the island with bear grylls.
Exactly! At the time I saw the post, I commented that even I couldn't climb a tree when I am sober...

I think the most far out theory I have heard so far is that she might have climbed a tree and is up in the tree canopies. Can't remember if it was posted by someone in this thread or the previous...

This case in Ohio that I am linking below tops the most bizarre and unique hiding place I have ever heard of in any case. The murderer hid 3 bodies and their dog in a large hollow tree and he had to climb up the tree with a harness to drop the bodies down into the hollow tree trunk.

I dont think anybody would have ever found the bodies if he had not finally confessed to where the bodies were.

Three bodies found hollow tree of missing Ohio trio in abduction case | Daily Mail Online

Yes. She caught the train to Her parents house in High Wycombe and she has been sat in the living room wondering where everyone has gone for almost 2 weeks. If only she would turn the telly on she could put an end to this right away.

I thought you were going to say:

"...and because of delays and a replacement bus service, she has yet to arrive in High Wycombe."

Obviously one theory that in my mind is very unlikely is that she’s being held captive somewhere, in a loft/attic in someone’s house, or an abandoned house somewhere, but I think the chances of that are really slim. Has there even been a case like this in the UK? The only really captivities I’ve known about were the Cleveland kidnappings in America!

The most likeliest scenario in my mind is that she’s in the water and will never be found.

Stephanie Slater was taken on a house viewing at knifepoint and imprisoned in a wooden box which was placed in a wheelie bin - UK. The male who took her and previously murdered another female.

Stephanie Slater, estate agent kidnapped in 1992, dies aged 50

Thinking of taking a walk to Oak Road Park within the next hour or two. But hesitant because of the police presence. Don't want to step on their toes, and really don't feel like being harangued by the Hull Daily Mail etc. What does everyone think? Pretty sure the park is generally still open, we've had dog walkers around there commenting on things. I'd intended to have a nosey about around the river end, check out the gradients, get a feel for distances and so on, maybe take some snaps if the opportunity avails itself. Bad idea?

Thinking of taking a walk to Oak Road Park within the next hour or two. But hesitant because of the police presence. Don't want to step on their toes, and really don't feel like being harangued by the Hull Daily Mail etc. What does everyone think? I'd intended to have a nosey about around the river end, check out the gradients, get a feel for distances and so on, maybe take some snaps if the opportunity avails itself. Bad idea?

Do you have a dog?

My partner who is a solicitor has said when March 11th comes around, PR will most likely be released on bail or get a suspended sentence, especially if he has no previous criminal record.

Like I’ve said previously, I really don’t think PR is responsible for the whereabouts of Libby.

Does anyone know if there’s any find Libby Facebook groups set up? I can’t find anything.

If I were her family I'd really avoid a 'Find Libby' group.
I think awareness has been spread well on a local level as well as further a field. I think 'Find' pages actually add nothing further imo just muddies fact from gossip if set up for comments allowing speculation as to what might have happened.
I think her family are right to let the Police do their job.

I thought you were going to say:

"...and because of delays and a replacement bus service, she has yet to arrive in High Wycombe."
I know we shouldn’t laugh but that was the funniest thing i have read on here all week.

I didn’t want my answer to sound disrespectful to Libby or her family but at the moment it’s as likely as any other scenario I can think of.

I got the feeling that his dad might have put words into his kids mouth like saying 40 yards. People under 25 don't know what a yard is do they? Or are yards a Hull thing?
But we'll probably never know

Agree he may have got that phrase from someone else.

I'd wondered if 40 yards was the approximate length of the car park, if the witness lives in the adjacent red-roofed house, and he's giving the measurement rather than identifying their house by mentioning the car park. I believe you'd have a good overview of the car park from an bedroom window if someone exited the park onto Oak Road.

That's all assuming this is their house - we don't know for sure, and some of us don't think it's a residence at all. We only know their house "overlooks the fields".

Anyway, I'm over 25 and don't know what a yard is - someone else might have a better sense whether the distance fits!

Thinking of taking a walk to Oak Road Park within the next hour or two. But hesitant because of the police presence. Don't want to step on their toes, and really don't feel like being harangued by the Hull Daily Mail etc. What does everyone think? Pretty sure the park is generally still open, we've had dog walkers around there commenting on things. I'd intended to have a nosey about around the river end, check out the gradients, get a feel for distances and so on, maybe take some snaps if the opportunity avails itself. Bad idea?
You won’t be stepping on their toes as they will probably have gone by the time you get there. They have usually knocked off by now.

I'd wondered if 40 yards was the approximate length of the car park, if the witness lives in the adjacent red-roofed house, and he's giving the measurement rather than identifying their house by mentioning the car park. I believe you'd have a good overview of the car park from an bedroom window if someone exited the park onto Oak Road.

That's all assuming this is their house - we don't know for sure, and some of us don't think it's a residence at all. We only know their house "overlooks the fields".

Anyway, I'm over 25 and don't know what a yard is - someone else might have a better sense whether the distance fits!

A yard is 3 feet, slightly less than a metre so you won't go far wrong if you assume it's 40m which is why I don't see how the report can be correct, no one could run such a short distance including sprinting as the person said. Usain Bolt would run that distance in under 4 seconds - it's far too short for the report to be accurate imo

JMO

It would be interesting to get a 'boots on the ground' feel for the place. Not sure if @Strontium69 has replied to my interrogation questions about his (her?) trip there last night. I fully understand your trepidation, but I think if I were nearby I'd have to go. Nothing stopping you and there'll be others around.

My main question would be which houses might have had a view of running man? We don't know where he was but I'm wondering if he must have been seen from the red brick house in the car park.

Oh also... did you see the map I posted of the other two small ponds (not the splash pools)? Someone said they thought they were part of Croda and I'm wondering if there are railings between them and the park.

I'm going to guess you're either not British or if you are you don't have a driving licence as all our road signs are measured in yards

How many people think Libby will be found safe and well? How many think she’ll never be found? Just really curious as to what other peoples views are..

In the early days of this case, I had high hopes Libby would be found alive and well.. but as the days go on, I am more and more inclined to believe she is in the water and may never be recovered.
We have just finished walking around the park. The river Hull seems logical if LS has indeed fallen in but it’s really not far from the Humber. If that’s the case Fort Paull shore line and spurn point have given up from the waters poor souls who have ended up in the Humber after a few weeks. Looking at the park...if a person was running from the car park then the river is near the end of a gravel path. But it’s away from houses so ongoing screams possibly doesn’t work. This is just from my observations today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations