Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they hadn't already searched Croda!? SMH....:(
Not that ive read. Theyve obviously checked sporadically in the park.
If you think about it suppose PR drove Libby to the oak road car park and things escalated resulting in Libbys death. PR cant risk putting her in his car and get contaminated by all that dna evidence , he would need to dispose of her body there and then in the nearest and best place , i woudnt use the river , croda is near and its private and not going to have the risk of dog walkers discovering her. He could even move her a few weeks later when things quieten down.
They should just send in dogs tho (altho who am i to tell the police what they should and shoudnt do)

Not that ive read. Theyve obviously checked sporadically in the park.
If you think about it suppose PR drove Libby to the oak road car park and things escalated resulting in Libbys death. PR cant risk putting her in his car and get contaminated by all that dna evidence , he would need to dispose of her body there and then in the nearest and best place , i woudnt use the river , croda is near and its private and not going to have the risk of dog walkers discovering her. He could even move her a few weeks later when things quieten down.
They should just send in dogs tho (altho who am i to tell the police what they should and shoudnt do)

It looks like there's a row of houses by croda? Down that little Oak road strip? Where about are they searching? Has anyone got a Google map image .

I can't stop thinking about the Susan McLean case (an American in Scotland) and I think it's because all this local help is reminding me how wonderful Websleuthers can be.
It's only one thread, 42 pages long, but I'd recommend you read the whole thing when you have an hour or two. We had a member out searching diligently (with a shocking twist midway explaining why she was so keen) and another member, a friend of Susan, who flew from the US to team up with her and search. We also had Susan's husband join us.
It's my favourite thread that I've ever been involved with here. Heartwarming but twisty, sad but just beautiful really. Please read, and then have a Scotch whiskey, for Susan!
Found Deceased - UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

Thanks for the link, I've only had time to skim it for now but seems like an extraordinary story. I wonder if Barra the underwater remains rescue dog is still about, and on the case in Hull? He seems to be freelance now.
The dog that finds underwater bodies

(It may too soon to employ him though.)

As IF he'd be back from A&E already, he'd still be sat on a seat in triage by now, haha!

Lol I can see you all talking about me as I lay here wounded! Apologies, I haven't had a lot of time, so I tend to speed/skim read the thread, so I do tend to miss a lot of info! I think there's 3 of us on the local case getting pics and video, but please feel free to pm if I've not responded - it could be I've done it but not processed it yet, ot I simply haven't seen your thread post request.

Bike is slightly damaged, and I'm walking wounded, nothing broken! I'll upload a couple more then I'm gonna have to go get checked out... ouch! Basically okay, just rally sore neck/shoulders!

This is a very interesting video...

I had always discounted the Sutton Road entrance, until now. As you can see from the video, it's not that hard for a car to drive along the river bank from Sutton Road bridge, with access to the entire park BY CAR from that corner.

Google maps does a much better job of capturing the entrance to the river bank.

sr.png - Sutton Road bridge crossing to the river looking South.

(The guy who took me out as I was cyclign along Sutton Road towards the bridge!)

Attachments

• sr.png
    sr.png
    898.2 KB · Views: 31
It looks like there's a row of houses by croda? Down that little Oak road strip? Where about are they searching? Has anyone got a Google map image .

I've marked what I think is the Croda area.

h9gd.jpg

Thanks for the link, I've only had time to skim it for now but seems like an extraordinary story. I wonder if Barra the underwater remains rescue dog is still about, and on the case in Hull? He seems to be freelance now.
The dog that finds underwater bodies

(It may too soon to employ him though.)

May be a bit O/T but if you are interesting in dogs read up on the Madeline McCann case and April Jones. Wonderful dogs (some sadly now deceased) but also used to train others in the USA. I LOVE dogs, much underrated.

Pic attached is 3d google showing the Beresford Ave , oak road park car park and the paddling pool and onto the croda lands. If its private and its right nearby , that would be a sensible place for PR to put a body.

Attachments

• croda.jpg
    croda.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 39
Pic attached is 3d google showing the Beresford Ave , oak road park car park and the paddling pool and onto the croda lands. If its private and its right nearby , that would be a sensible place for PR to put a body.

But how easy it it for 'him' to get in there by car?

ETA ..... I am assuming that whatever happened a car was involved nearby?

There are no houses directly. The houses end, and the rest up to Clough Road is allotments.

A - The current search area
B - Where the Beresford Avenue estate houses end.
C - The allotments
D - The bollard end of the cycle path
E - The wooded area from A carries on until it turns right and passes between the giant turbine and the pond. The metal fence runs just inside this treeline for the whole way. The fence then turns right at the river and joins the main complex.

Attachments

• map3.png
    map3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
(The guy who took me out as I was cyclign along Sutton Road towards the bridge!)
\
What a tosser - first forces you into the gutter then swings at you? Hope you're OK. As a cyclist, aggressive incidents like this really shake me up beyond any physical injuries. At least there's a lovely clear numberplate visible in your footage. Best of luck.

I’m at Croda now but nobody here. I’ll post the pics once I get home. It does have the smaller ponds in there but the area is behind tall metal spiked fences (see photos soon). Quite tricky to get a person hidden there I imagine within the time required to be spotted on Newland Ave.

OK.... so really easy access on foot to Croda? Sorry to ask if already been clarified as I am still behind. TIA.

Pretty sure there is six foot metal fencing with spikes all round Croda? Unless our locals know of a gap in this fence I doubt they climbed over the fence and seriously doubt anybody could get a body over it.

You would think Croda would have had a search around though...I know I would if I owned it.

I would have thought they had some sort of security for the perimeter? Not quite sure what they do there ?

Pretty sure there is six foot metal fencing with spikes all round Croda? Unless our locals know of a gap in this fence I doubt they climbed over the fence and seriously doubt anybody could get a body over it.

My thoughts exactly TTWO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member