GA GA - Tiffany Whitton, 24, Marietta, 13 Sept 2013

I said it before and am sorry to have to say it again, but the only thing IMHO that is going to break this case open is a substantial monetary reward. That would likely motivate someone in or connected to the crowd Tiffany was running in to "snitch." Waiting for one of them to do so with no incentive (other than pleas from her mother and LE) clearly isn't working.

Is anyone aware of another Tiffany Whitton, same age as the one missing, Living bear Marietta, GA?

Is anyone aware of another Tiffany Whitton, same age as the one missing, Living bear Marietta, GA?

No, do you mean there were two Tiffany Whitton live in the same area? I guess that is possible, anything happened to her too ?

The Sworn podcast by Tenderfoot TV has three 40-50 minute episodes with interviews from Tiffany's mother and those close to the case. It gives insight on how the cops have handled the case and a few theories on what happened that night.

Efforts to increase the reward fund for information on Tiffany seem to be stalled. A goal of at least $10,000 was set back in 2017, but less than $4,000 has been raised to date.

This is one of the cases that first got me interested in websites like this one. For someone to disappear without a trace in a place that is probably covered in CCTV and potential witnesses is crazy and a little scary. Unfortunately I guess most/all CCTV in the surrounding areas was lost due to the long wait to report her missing. I know here in the UK some CCTV can be deleted as soon as just 24 hours later although most is a week or two. The only reason they have the Walmart CCTV is because they kept it for prosecution purposes when she was suspected of stealing.

The boyfriend said he didn't go back to his own truck and got someone to pick him up from the IHOP as he had drugs in the vehicle and didn't want to risk the police coming and searching it. I wonder if in fact there was something more sinister in the truck that he didn't want police to find.

The Esquire article from a few years ago is spot on that unfortunately a large number of the public/media/even law enforcement to a degree don't care about people like Tiffany. She's just a junkie to them who commits crimes so who cares if she never comes back. She's more than that though, she's a mum, she's a daughter, a sister and more and she doesn't deserve to be missing or most likely dead because of some mistakes. These people who write off missing people because they're troubled don't realise that all it takes is one bad choice or bad piece of luck for you or a family member to be in that position themselves.

I hope she turns up soon and gives her mum the closure she needs, the articles where she describes her searching following up every little lead is heartbreaking to read.

"Don't care" is too harsh, "lower priority" would be more close to truth

"Don't care" is too harsh, "lower priority" would be more close to truth

I'd argue there's little difference. The first detective her mum dealt with didn't do anything at all to find her, just basically said along the lines of "she'll turn up on her own or when she's arrested". That's disgusting when you bear in mind she'd been missing for the best part of 4 months already at this point. Luckily the case got passed to another detective who actually tried to do some police work.

I'd argue there's little difference. The first detective her mum dealt with didn't do anything at all to find her, just basically said along the lines of "she'll turn up on her own or when she's arrested". That's disgusting when you bear in mind she'd been missing for the best part of 4 months already at this point. Luckily the case got passed to another detective who actually tried to do some police work.

Base on the circumstance of her disappearance, you cannot blame that detective, when you criticize LE telling families of missing people "wait a day or two, (s)he may well turn up, contact us again if that does not happen", outrage, yes? But you have to consider a simple fact that LE dealt with these missing people cases all the time, among them, let's say 90% of missing would back in a few days (thus, their cases would not be on the news), another 5% will make contact, and there would be no evidence indicated foul play was involve with, the remaining 50% . At the same time, the local LE are dealt with, let's say, 2 homicides, 5 arm robbery, a dozen Lacey cases, preparing testifying on 2 rape cases on court. So yeah, unless some kind of violence were involved, LE would not treat missing person cases as priority in the first a few days, it is not "don't care", it is "low priority", and this is the difference

Base on the circumstance of her disappearance, you cannot blame that detective, when you criticize LE telling families of missing people "wait a day or two, (s)he may well turn up, contact us again if that does not happen", outrage, yes? But you have to consider a simple fact that LE dealt with these missing people cases all the time, among them, let's say 90% of missing would back in a few days (thus, their cases would not be on the news), another 5% will make contact, and there would be no evidence indicated foul play was involve with, the remaining 50% . At the same time, the local LE are dealt with, let's say, 2 homicides, 5 arm robbery, a dozen Lacey cases, preparing testifying on 2 rape cases on court. So yeah, unless some kind of violence were involved, LE would not treat missing person cases as priority in the first a few days, it is not "don't care", it is "low priority", and this is the difference

I agree with the wait a day or two thing. Sometimes I see "missing" cases posted on Facebook by our local police after about 6 hours and I'm like really? Unless there's evidence something is amiss or they're vulnerable then 6 hours is hardly something to panic about when it's a late teen-adult. This is backed up by the fact we get "X has been found" a couple of hours later, usually within a few miles of where they were last seen.

Don't get me wrong I didn't expect them to mobilise half the cities police force and go out searching for her by any means, but doing nothing when she's been gone for 4 months already just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm too idealistic but I want people to be given fair treatment, not the police to look at the fact she's a drug user/criminal, roll their eyes and say she'll turn up. I can't imagine how her mum felt when she got that kind of reaction from the police after going there for help.

It may be low priority as you say but it certainly comes across sometimes as don't care with the attitude you get from officers when they realise it's a drug user or criminal you're trying to find.

I think they both ended up back in that vehicle and something bad happened. The following hours were the cover up/laying a false trail/disposal of evidence.

Thinking of Tiffany still missing eight years now, may she be found so her loved ones can at least have some closure. I wonder how old her daughter is now, if that boyfriend she was with that night is still living, if her mom is. Tiffany is not forgotten.

Thinking of Tiffany still missing eight years now, may she be found so her loved ones can at least have some closure. I wonder how old her daughter is now, if that boyfriend she was with that night is still living, if her mom is. Tiffany is not forgotten.

Her daughter is 14 now. Her mom appears to still be alive and AC is in prison on gun & drug charges with the max release date in 2024.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back