Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced it's #32. Maybe it is, but why would they luminol #15 and not the place where she is said on here to have actually lived? There are no photos of forensics or police outside #32, to my knowledge.

Does it really matter ?

But there were photos of family visiting no 32.

All we know is last sighting was corner of Beverly Rd / Beresford Ave / Haworth St, then nada ...

That is where she disappeared from. Everything else is speculation.

Does it really matter ?

Yes, it really matters. Number 15 backs directly onto a watercourse (Barmston Drain) and a whole kind of different properties that front Beverley Road. There could be a load of reasons why LS's parents visited #32 (not that I've seen evidence that they did), perhaps her friends are staying there while the police luminol'd the house and searched her room looking for evidence, etc.

Yes, it really matters. Number 15 backs directly onto a watercourse (Barmston Drain) and a whole kind of different properties that front Beverley Road. There could be a load of reasons why LS's parents visited #32 (not that I've seen evidence that they did), perhaps her friends are staying there while the police luminol'd the house and searched her room looking for evidence, etc.

No 32 is a fully tenanted student house, if she was living at 15 how could her house sharers decamp there ?

Does it really matter ?

Maybe her friends lived at 15 maybe her boyfriend did and she went to that door? Because she had no key? To use someone's mobile? She was hoping to catch someone in? It was reported that she got out the taxi up the street from her house. Why? We just dont know.

Students are a social bunch, young adults have many friends other than the ones she lived with.

We don't know if she intended going back to the welly or why she was wandering in that particular area.

I have been rat arsed, lost my key and locked out I walked in my bare feet a mile to my closest geographical friend and knocked on the door at 3am!! It wasn't that late and she is 2nd year I bet she knew more in that area than just the people she lived with.

No 32 is a fully tenanted student house, if she was living at 15 how could her house sharers decamp there ?

I didn't say they were living there full time, perhaps one good friend is staying there. Perhaps a load of her mates went round to meet her parents because they wanted to be close to where she lives (but couldn't access own house because of police). Because her parents visited (although I've seen no evidence of that), it does not automatically mean it's Libby's house.

Yes, but she was in the media the next day with reports saying she was spotted on the corner of Beresford. They later announced the bench and Haworth. How did they know to look at Beresford? From Wellesley there are loads of directions she could have taken, including North up Beverley Road towards Inglemire and then the uni. Numerous backstreets. Alternatively she could have gone to a friends to sleep off a hangover. How did they know Beardy man spoke with her if the CCTV she was caught on was fleeting...how did they find this CCTV (e.g. dashcam footage) before they had released the appeal.How did they know what time to look (e.g. if her friends had arrived home at 3 there would have been 3 hours of footage across multiple cameras)

My working theory is that a member of the public saw her, and saw Beardy man helping her and reported it (either by phone or to a passing police car). The police knew the time/place because of this...so they knew what footage to look for....and they connected this distressed person to the missing persons report that came the next morning. Thus, urgent and focused search.

I mentioned this before, but my thoughts were that the grey bearded man may have phoned it in.

Did it say somewhere that she was seen talking to someone else around the same time?

Maybe her friends lived at 15 maybe her boyfriend did and she went to that door? Because she had no key? To use someone's mobile? She was hoping to catch someone in? It was reported that she got out the taxi up the street from her house. Why? We just dont know.

Students are a social bunch, young adults have many friends other than the ones she lived with.

We don't know if she intended going back to the welly or why she was wandering in that particular area.

I have been rat arsed, lost my key and locked out I walked in my bare feet a mile to my closest geographical friend and knocked on the door at 3am!! It wasn't that late and she is 2nd year I bet she knew more in that area than just the people she lived with.

If LS didn't live at #15 the police would need a good reason to luminol it in full CSI gear. It hasn't been said that she was spotted at a nearby house. Why would they be looking for blood on a friend's house without a narrative or person of interest? If it wasn't her house, the media who photographed it would have been going crazy with theories. For me, the most likely scenario is that the house with CSI was LS' house and her parents visited a friend's house because LS's house was sealed off.

I might be wrong, but I'm not going to assume her house is #32 just because her parents are alleged to have visited it and the local paper (not renowned for accuracy) featured a random picture of it.

I didn't say they were living there full time, perhaps one good friend is staying there. Perhaps a load of her mates went round to meet her parents because they wanted to be close to where she lives (but couldn't access own house because of police). Because her parents visited (although I've seen no evidence of that), it does not automatically mean it's Libby's house.

Agree, everything is a speculation, wouldn't trust Daily Mail or Sun reporting any further than I could throw a car !

I mentioned this before, but my thoughts were that the grey bearded man may have phoned it in.

Did it say somewhere that she was seen talking to someone else around the same time?

If the grey bearded man phoned it it, I would have thought they'd have his details (or could have easily traced them) and wouldn't needed to have done an appeal to find him. The appeal also said what car he was driving...which suggests he was either seen on CCTV or an eyewitness (can't imagine him phoning in the colour of his own car and being unsure of the make). As there isn't fixed CCTV at the bench, my hunch is an eyewitness who saw the bearded man talk to her and then drive away.

I just looked on the hull university website. They have a scheme where students can give taxi drivers their student card if they don't have money for a taxi and then pay the next day. Sounds like a good idea as you can get home even if you lose your money

The taxi thing is pure speculation.

I do not recall seeing anything resembling evidence of this idea.

and no-one to my knowledge has come forward in the media to say he was their taxi driver at some point.

and no-one to my knowledge has come forward in the media to say he was their taxi driver at some point.

Recently there's been quite a lot of talk of unlicensed taxis in Hull. There were reports in the local news around the same time LS went missing of dodgy unmarked cars crawling Newland Ave. The police have said it was unconnected, but those reports are perhaps why PR's sister/mother were asked by the media about him potentially taxiing

Recently there's been quite a lot of talk of unlicensed taxis in Hull. There were reports in the local news around the same time LS went missing of dodgy unmarked cars crawling Newland Ave. The police have said it was unconnected, but those reports are perhaps why PR's sister/mother were asked by the media about him potentially taxiing

Why does anyone get an unlicensed cab outwith London & SE ?

Where my mam lives in Teesside you call a minicab and price is about double the single bus fare (sure cabs are grotty octavias vs mercs in Reading).

I struggle to see how minicab drivers live off a fiver (with generous tip) for a 10 min ride, or £14 for the 14 mile trip to Darlington rail station which with traffic can be 40 min.

How can anyone undercut ?

4 miles Paddington to King's Cross has often cost me near £30 in black cab !

Hull (Albert Dock) Tide Times | Tide Times
Tide Calendar for Hull (Albert Dock) 1st Feb 2019
Tide Times
Hi/Lo Time Height
High Tide 03:41 (6.23m)
Low Tide 10:05 (2.05m)
High Tide 16:01 (6.46m)
Low Tide 22:43 (2.00m)
The Hull (Albert Dock) tide times are adjusted for British Summer Time where applicable.
So if im interpreting that info correctly the tide at # 12 to 1am the night libby went missing would have been on the way in , kinda half in half out.
So theoretically a body might have been carried upstream.
However what occurs to me is that faced with a half full river and mud banks thats not going to be conducive for getting rid of a body , your not going to just chuck her on the mud bank and wait for the tide to come in and your not going to risk walking on the mud to reach the river incase you get stuck in the mud .
Makes me think he didnt put her in the river.

If LS didn't live at #15 the police would need a good reason to luminol it in full CSI gear. It hasn't been said that she was spotted at a nearby house. Why would they be looking for blood on a friend's house without a narrative or person of interest? If it wasn't her house, the media who photographed it would have been going crazy with theories. For me, the most likely scenario is that the house with CSI was LS' house and her parents visited a friend's house because LS's house was sealed off.

I might be wrong, but I'm not going to assume her house is #32 just because her parents are alleged to have visited it and the local paper (not renowned for accuracy) featured a random picture of it.
I guess for all we know #15 could have been a place LS paused at in a door way, vomited if very drunk? We don’t know what police found but it could have been anything.

The thing with “unlicensed taxis” which I assume is true in other places is that often they are a group of lads, one with a car. Networked through having met up at one of the various car parks around Hull where loads of young drivers meet up every night of the week (my two sons are in these car groups but not taxis). My son gets texts each night until 5am asking “any drivers?” or “R U taxy?” from his friends. Ages of these youths range from 16-25ish. Haworth dead end is a place where these youths congregate along with St Andrews carpark just to mention two. PR may be more connected to others rather than an unusual isolated young man. This young movement of unlicensed all night taxi boy racers is huge. An example:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu...hire-news/you-taxi-hull-places-you-858480.amp

The thing with “unlicensed taxis” which I assume is true in other places is that often they are a group of lads, one with a car. Networked through having met up at one of the various car parks around Hull where loads of young drivers meet up every night of the week (my two sons are in these car groups but not taxis). My son gets texts each night until 5am asking “any drivers?” or “R U taxy?” from his friends. Ages of these youths range from 16-25ish. Haworth dead end is a place where these youths congregate along with St Andrews carpark just to mention two. PR may be more connected to others rather than an unusual isolated young man. This young movement of unlicensed all night taxi boy racers is huge. An example:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu...hire-news/you-taxi-hull-places-you-858480.amp

Wow, v interesting local knowledge, @scootermuppet - appears highly relevant if Haworth is a known 'rank' for these guys. Below chilling para from the link leapt out at me:

"I know of cases where two lads have gone taxiing and picked up drunk girls. It needs to stop. I do not want to be reading in January about a young woman being raped after getting into one of these illegal taxis."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard