IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does years and years of oppression have to precede racism? Can someone experience racism if they've never been oppressed? Why or why not? If someone expresses hate against an entire race (or half of a race....that half whose beliefs aren't in line) but it isn't racism due to no oppression, then what is it? Just hate?

TMZ

Jussie Smollett's "Empire" screen time is getting slashed in the wake of a growing sentiment that he staged the so-called "attack."

Production sources tell TMZ ... Jussie was supposed to have 9 scenes and a big musical number in the second to the last episode -- which is being shot now -- but, 5 of his scenes have been cut, and his musical number has been 86'd.

As for the remaining 4 scenes ... we're told he's no longer the focus. The scene features an ensemble, meaning he's flanked by a number of cast members.

And so it begins.....!

I wonder how a person in this position can go back to work and face fellow cast & crew members when there is so much buzz & suspicion re his bs story. I’m sure he has been glued to SM and knows everyone knows the truth, that he’s behind this staged hoax. I would be so embarrassed & could never show my face again. He’s really painted himself into a corner here. JMO

And so it begins.....!

I wonder how a person in this position can go back to work and face fellow cast & crew members when there is so much buzz & suspicion re his bs story. I’m sure he has been glued to SM and knows everyone knows the truth, that he’s behind this staged hoax. I would be so embarrassed & could never show my face again. He’s really painted himself into a corner here. JMO

If it turns out to be true that he faked both the letter and the attack, I do hope he gets some professional help. Clearly there’s something troubling going on.

And so it begins.....!

CWB Chicago

"Something about the envelope must have raised concerns. Smollett would later tell police that he and Empire’s executive producer (Lee Daniels) donned gloves before they opened it and exposed themselves to a threat letter covered in white powder. Police logged the time as 2:30 p.m."

Weird...
Maybe there is a reason why JS was asked to finish out the season...
Otherwise, there is no need for him to return to the show if they've already primarily written his character into the background.

It's called ratings. Remember, in the world of show business, publicity (no matter what kind) drives ratings. People who NEVER HEARD of this show will tune in to see him.

CWB Chicago

"Something about the envelope must have raised concerns. Smollett would later tell police that he and Empire’s executive producer (Lee Daniels) donned gloves before they opened it and exposed themselves to a threat letter covered in white powder. Police logged the time as 2:30 p.m."

Weird...
Otherwise, there is no need for him to return to the show if they've already primarily written his character into the background.
BBM
IMO I think they are just doing total CYA since all the facts are not yet out. But I would be willing to bet Fox/Empire lawyers have already written up JS's exit papers. They're probably just waiting.

CWB Chicago

Weird...

It's called ratings. Remember, in the world of show business, publicity (no matter what kind) drives ratings. People who NEVER HEARD of this show will tune in to see him.

I hate to be cynical here but I can’t help but think if he was a straight white male he would of been fired.

Seems really weird to have the foresight to don gloves but not put on other protective clothing like masks. Also there has to be a ton of security on the lot, why not contact them and ask what we should do, should we open this ridiculously suspicious looking letter and risk exposing everyone to potential anthrax? I would think everyone knows that the whole point of anthrax/anthrax scare is that you inhale it as soon as you open the letter.

I have no reason to suspect Lee Daniels was involved, presuming he wasn't I wonder how he and others who have a lot to lose professionally feel being brought into the hoax. Obviously what Jussie has done to his colleagues, family, friends etc by this is nothing in comparison to what he was trying to do to 2 innocent men.

Its interesting from that CWB article "Meanwhile, the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has been quietly working on the origins of Smollett’s letter for nearly a month. Giving it far more “attention” than he knew." I wonder how close they were

I hate to be cynical here but I can’t help but think if he was a straight white male he would of been fired.

I imagine if he was a cisgender caucasion man, and he had done the same thing, claiming black men assaulted him, and it turned out to be untrue, he'd have been fired and arrested already. JMO

The poor Irish! How'd that turn out for them? /s
It's one thing to never have heard of institutionalized racism. How many of you have been pulled over by the cops just because you are white? That happens to black and hispanic people all the time.

When my daughter was younger we took her to a birthday party for her BFF from preschool. It turned out to be in a housing project. And yes, I was pulled over by LE and questioned about why I was there.

Another time, years ago I made a wrong turn into a different housing project and was pulled over a few minutes later.

Maybe it's just me. I'm a blonde white woman from the burbs driving a Subaru SUV, definitely suspicious. Lol.

This is why JS's story stunk from the beginning. Imagine if this took place in Chicago instead of Kansas City?
14 year old kid wearing a MAGA hat told to take it off, and then sworn at by Vans employee.
Vans employee fired for allegedly cursing at MAGA hat-wearing teen
What's the world coming to when wearing a MAGA hat is a reason to be assaulted? It's like blaming a woman for her rape because she was wearing sexy clothing.

True, but one injustice should not be weighed against another. It’s easy to fall into the trap of whataboutism with emotionally charged topics. I see this kind of discussion culture everywhere, and everyone is so busy lashing out and defending their own point of view that people don’t listen to each other any more.

Well said. Thank you, @cybervampira ♥️

This is why JS's story stunk from the beginning. Imagine if this took place in Chicago instead of Kansas City?
14 year old kid wearing a MAGA hat told to take it off, and then sworn at by Vans employee.
Vans employee fired for allegedly cursing at MAGA hat-wearing teen
What's the world coming to when wearing a MAGA hat is a reason to be assaulted? It's like blaming a woman for her rape because she was wearing sexy clothing.
I do believe we are a divided country............ Smollett going to a Grand Jury soon ????.......moo

He makes himself out to be a super hero! He fought them off, they ran away not him, he acts like he is some role model…. What nonsense.

I’ve spent a huge chunk of my adult life in the military. I think instead of rehab he should have to spend some time serving his county in the military. It will make him grow up real fast and teach him what real hero’s and role models look like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member