Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, there would be no reason for anyone to need to jump over two (spikey) fences at Jewsons. You would need very good local knowledge to know there's a drain at the other side - and if you knew this you would just casually walk onto the drain next to Dunelm. They would also be faced with more CCTV at Jewson.

I know you think it's "possible", but if we don't discount really unlikely scenarios we'll never get anywhere.

You seem to be focusing on one part of what I said. I'll clarify. Sissons is the last likely of the 3 ways I mentioned.

Early in the investigation it was reported that the police questioned a known sex offender in the vicinity, searching his house also. The police clearly believe this person is capable of further offences and is viewed as a risk. I’m afraid sadly, one suspect being detained does not ensure our youngsters safety. It begs the question should we know how many and who the sex offenders are living near us or would it frighten us half to death!?

If you are referring to this, one would hope he was remanded in custody:

Man, 32, charged with rape after police cordon off skate park

You seem to be focusing on one part of what I said. I'll clarify. Sissons is the last likely of the 3 ways I mentioned.

Obviously they went somewhere. Let's rule out Sissons please as highly unlikely.

After supposedly reviewing many hours of cctv footage, they release this almost 3 weeks later. Footage in which you really can't tell anything about anyone in it. That's after the spiderweb footage which also wasn't clear.

Just like how they failed to release basic details about what she was wearing until weeks later. They admit her footwear is distinctive but wait 2 weeks to post pictures.

They really do appear to be grasping at anything for the public to solve this. If a person was guilty on this latest cctv footage they would never own up to it anyway because it's so unclear.

The first few days are vital in these cases, everything has been left way too late. Even the footage of her at the Welly the police did not ask for, the person had to contact them himself.

Sure, we don't know the full story but Humberside police are not exactly known for being a great police force. Scarily incompetent.

Could it be this CCTV is a test of sorts? Maybe Police have much better CCTV on/near Clough Rd of these people and have released this 'long range' CCTV to encourage them to come forward voluntarily?

I do worry though because in the Corrie case it took months/over a year with massive pressure from his mother (a Police officer herself!) to get any of the 1100+ hours of CCTV footage released in that case.

If this is true and you’re connected to the case closely enough to have that inside information ... that’s desperately depressing news. It reminds me of Claudia Lawrence. A sad mystery with no definitive answers.

I think all of us are hoping the police have lots more cctv footage than we’ve been shown and clear evidence LS was taken to the park but never seen leaving - hence the concentrated search pattern. Are you suggesting that’s not the case? Why then all the focus on that park?

Whilst there might be no DNA evidence, it was PRs car in the spidercam footage and he seems to have told members of his family LS was in his car that night yet it seems he did not come forward prior to being arrested. Add that to the evidence supporting the current charges against him and the police must think they have the right man? Surely with the wealth of cctv, dash cams and ANPR there must be a trail of sorts?

It’s concerning to think a) the real culprit could still be out there and b) there is so little evidence against PR he will be a free man after next months trial.
We don't really know what the family has said or not said. We know what was reported by 1 news agency as a translation from Polish to English/English to Polish without knowing what the original question was or if the translations are accurate. The question might have been a hypothetical- e.g. Do you think your brother would have given this girl a ride and what might have happened after that?

Right now the only things we can be reasonably certain about is that she was at the bar, took a cab home, made it home but then went to sit on the bench around the corner from her house and she was there until around 12ish.

I am hoping LE is putting together circumstantial evidence showing her in his car, then his car near the park, then witnesses of him leaving the park alone at the same time as the screaming etc... But to be honest they have had more than enough time to do that 5 times over.

Reactions: bos
We need another GoPro bike person , we’ve already lost one to the cause , who’s up next ?

Could it be this CCTV is a test of sorts? Maybe Police have much better CCTV on/near Clough Rd of these people and have released this 'long range' CCTV to encourage them to come forward voluntarily?

I do worry though because in the Corrie case it took months/over a year with massive pressure from his mother (a Police officer herself!) to get any of the 1100+ hours of CCTV footage released in that case.

If the police have better footage and can identify the people they wont waste time with tests as they could be holding the person and the longer it goes on the worse the outcome potentially is.

I mean, that's how real policing works, this police force, who knows.

Good you are here Steleheart :) A poster recently asked if it was OK to mention a post on an MSM facebook. I know it's ok to link to the MSM f/b, but as for telling us what the poster says we have to rephrase the info? Is that right? Don't want to get anyone in trouble with my info. Ta (English for thank you)
Hello! I’m sorry to be a pain but I’m new here and keep seeing MSM. What does it mean? Thanks in advance

JMO But I think with vids like this recent CCTV, Police are asking those people who were cycling, walking with a friend or running at that intersection at that time to come forward and say so and IF they saw anything, more so than asking the public to identify unrecognizable individuals or naming random people who may ride bikes or wear T-shirts.
I would know if I rode my bike down there and would want to be eliminated as suspect.

Hello! I’m sorry to be a pain but I’m new here and keep seeing MSM. What does it mean? Thanks in advance
Not a pain - MSM means Main Stream Media. Accepted major news or reporting outlets as opposed to blogs, social media, forums, etc.

Check out Websleuths Lingo for more.

HTH
(Hope That Helps)

You would have to be in a very poor state of mind, as a female, to wander onto those playing fields so late on a cold night . I grew up round there and have been drunk around there many times and it's never crossed my mind to go on those fields after dark (not even as a mad teenager).

Yes, none of us can truly get into LS's head but I do not think she would have gone onto those fields of her own decision. The police must have SOME intelligence she was taken there. But what is it?
Well not many people would lie down in the middle of the road. She was very drunk, crying with possible emotional issues. I don't think we can assume what she would do and I agree that the police have some sort of intelligence that might her place her nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea