IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other side of that coin is that people have sensationalized this hoax to promote their agenda, thus diminishing the perception of real hate crimes.

I know. But we have each some choice in this. I don't allow false incidences to bias me against future victims. That would be prejudice and is unfair to the individual. JMO.

Well, since this is the Smollett topic, the posts have been about this case. Smollett has done great damage to other legitimate victims. I don't think anyone here mentioned that this case 's theatrics means bias and problems do not exist elsewhere. I guess I, like many people, like the truth, instead of false narratives.

I know. But we have each some choice in this. I don't allow false incidences to bias me against future victims. That would be prejudice and is unfair to the individual. JMO.
Exactly! & how I wish a lot more people could follow your standard. Maybe we are getting more people to approach the news with an open mind, eyes & ears after shenanigans such as these.

This doesn't change my belief system. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, and I don't believe anything without evidence. I grew up around lawyers, and I learned that early.

This doesn't change my belief system. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, and I don't believe anything without evidence. I grew up around lawyers, and I learned that early.

Yup! Give victims the benefit of the doubt, but there has to be evidence that they're really a victim. I just didn't see it with JS.

Uh-oh ......... A new magic witness is possibly coming our way.......moo
Update from court confusion Monday: Multiple Sources: Brothers were expected to appear before Grand Jury. Last second phone call from Jussie Smolletts legal team claiming they possibly have new evidence calls off Grand Jury for the day.

Call From Jussie Smollett’s Lawyers Postponed Two Former Suspects’ Grand Jury Testimony

Charlie De Mar on Twitter
Can attorneys halt a grand jury proceeding without the DA's approval?

As for the ongoing investigation into the "attack" ... we're told law enforcement believes it happened when it did, January 29, specifically because Jussie knew the Osundairo brothers were leaving for Nigeria the next day. Our sources say that trip was pre-planned, and not connected to the alleged attack.

Also, more info about the grand jury, but it's 2 hours old and may not be relevant anymore, idk.], I'm not caught up.

Jussie Smollett Ready to Talk to Police Again, Grand Jury Standing By

(snipped by coffeeandacig)
Hate Crime Statistics

We have to be willing to hear each other and face the truth.

You'll have no argument from me that hate crimes should not occur, period.
However, I'd like to break down the statistics to clearly view this issue and others brought up by the JS case; racism against blacks, and homophobia and the impact that (based on JS interview) white people have on perpetuating these crimes.

In 2017, according to the FBI statistics you linked:
There were 7106 single biased incidents in the United States.
5261 incidents based on race and sexual orientation. (JS case)
60% of those crimes were attacks on persons, rather than buildings, etc. (JS case).
Total number of racial/homophobic assaults and batteries, 3156. (JS case)
Percentage of these cases where the perpetrator is known, 50% were committed by white people. (JS case)

Within the whole of the United States during 2017, according to stats provided, it is safe to say there were probably around 1550 racial and homophobic assault and battery hate crimes committed by white people.

2017- The entire United States:
1550 incidents similar to the JS "initial" assault and battery case, where the perpetrator was white and/or 0.00000475% of the entire US population.

2017- City of Chicago only:
29,764 violent crimes
8828 aggravated battery
6591 aggravated assault
https://home.chicagopolice.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2017-Annual-Report.pdf

Before we call anything an epidemic, or a national disgrace or whatever...Let us use the information before us to learn the truth.

Last edited:
“Jussie Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set and as we have previously stated, he is not being written out of the show.” - STATEMENT FROM 20TH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION AND FOX ENTERTAINMENT
20th Century Fox TV on Twitter
So, what Fox studio is saying that it's professional to send terroristic threats via the mail, complete with childish cut out letters and some possibly dangerous white powder. That's a definition of professional I never heard before. Learn something new every day, i guess.

So, what Fox studio is saying that it's professional to send terroristic threats via the mail, complete with childish cut out letters and some possibly dangerous white powder. That's a definition of professional I never heard before. Learn something new every day, i guess.
They are in full on Lawyer CYA mode. They're not going to do anything until Jussie is officially charged, IMO.

I am waiting for the whole "method acting" rehearsal excuse. How many "stars" have we heard reports of being a "method" actor who actually "lived" the parts 24/7 they are playing for movie parts. Some actor prescribe to it and some do not. I can remember actors being found living lives of the homeless in downtown LA, etc. I can just see Jussie and the network cooking up a story like that for this whole scenario. They could say it was rehearsing upcoming scripts, that got out of hand. They didn't want to say that's what it was because they did not want to expose story lines for the upcoming season 6 that starts March 6th, 2019.

Just Watch

Thanks for link.

They discussed how the story first broke. Harvey Levin with TMZ says they picked up the story from an "obscure website" just a few hours after the attack occurred. He didn't name the website and said he couldn't remember the name. He says they immediately called "Jussie's camp" to verify the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz