IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Jussie Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set and as we have previously stated, he is not being written out of the show.” - STATEMENT FROM 20TH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION AND FOX ENTERTAINMENT
20th Century Fox TV on Twitter

hahaha...love the 2-faced way these big corporations speak to the public. We already saw that 4 of Jussie's 5 scenes were cut last on his last filming schedule. And they cut out his 'starring' scene where he was to sing a solo on a big stage. <<<That is the kind of scene an artist needs to crossover as a solo artist in real life.

So sure, they may not be 'writing him out of the show' ---but they could put him on ice, and just have him come out and say a few inconsequential lines here and there, which is like the dead zone to a serious artist.

A Chicago police spokesman tells @ABC: "As of 10am this morning, there was a dialogue between prosecutors and Jussie's attorneys. We are hopeful that we’ll have a chance to ask the questions that we have."

MORE: "It doesn’t matter what the investigation shows; if you have information that's helpful to law enforcement, it behooves you to contact authorities and share that. We have been been very diplomatic and have been working with him and his attorneys."

Chicago police spokesman to @ABC on Smollett case: "We got information and we want to run (it) by him. If the opportunity is not taken [to come in], we’re going to go with other methods to create a culture of accountability.”

One last comment of note from the CPD spokesman: "No evidence was presented to a grand jury on behalf of the Smollett case yesterday."

Rob Elgas on Twitter

A Chicago police spokesman tells @ABC: "As of 10am this morning, there was a dialogue between prosecutors and Jussie's attorneys. We are hopeful that we’ll have a chance to ask the questions that we have."

MORE: "It doesn’t matter what the investigation shows; if you have information that's helpful to law enforcement, it behooves you to contact authorities and share that. We have been been very diplomatic and have been working with him and his attorneys."

Chicago police spokesman to @ABC on Smollett case: "We got information and we want to run (it) by him. If the opportunity is not taken [to come in], we’re going to go with other methods to create a culture of accountability.”

One last comment of note from the CPD spokesman: "No evidence was presented to a grand jury on behalf of the Smollett case yesterday."

Rob Elgas on Twitter

I absolutely love their wording on the part below:D. I would be freaking out if this statement was about me.

If the opportunity is not taken [to come in], we’re going to go with other methods to create a culture of accountability.

How many actors have we heard reports of “method acting” while allegedly, maybe reporting a concocted hate crime?

Approximately none? I’m looking for sources for any and I’m not having any luck.

I am waiting for the whole "method acting" rehearsal excuse. How many "stars" have we heard reports of being a "method" actor who actually "lived" the parts 24/7 they are playing for movie parts. Some actor prescribe to it and some do not. I can remember actors being found living lives of the homeless in downtown LA, etc. I can just see Jussie and the network cooking up a story like that for this whole scenario. They could say it was rehearsing upcoming scripts, that got out of hand. They didn't want to say that's what it was because they did not want to expose story lines for the upcoming season 6 that starts March 6th, 2019.

Just Watch

One thing to remember about statistics and numbers. You can get the desired result if you take the answer you want, and work backwards to form the equation to give that very statistic. If a city has had a rising number of murders each year, simply pose the question over a period of 10 years. See that average per year is not that bad. However if you are a politician and want to create panic, simply pose the question over the last 3 years. I look at the source of the stats and any agendas they may have.

JMO

If the assault on Smollett was staged, then wouldn't his allegations constitute a hate crime against his imaginary "white" attackers? Is it a new era where data and prevalence of hate crimes against white people needs to be brought to the surface? Hypothetically, could a white woman who is raped by a man from any other race also be a victim of a hate crime - hate of women and hate of white people?

I do believe the data show that (in the full report linked on the FBI page) - 17.1% were victims of anti-white bias, which is horrible. I have heard of the argument for sex crimes also being hate crimes - certainly, rape has been used as a tool for genocide in other countries (Romania, Rwanda, Darfur to name way too many). I don't believe this is a zero-sum game...one person's victimization definitely does not negate another's, no matter the color. We all have a stake in acknowledging and speaking up against hate. That definitely includes Jussie Smollett's hate.

How many actors have we heard reports of “method acting” while allegedly, maybe reporting a concocted hate crime?

Approximately none? I’m looking for sources for any and I’m not having any luck.
Well, there is a first time for everything. However, I think this whole business is just a result of Smollett's racism and hate. moo

I wondered if the scratches weren't makeup.

I've got serious issues with Frank. I have a very hard time believing that Frank would just lounge around in JS's apartment while JS went out in the middle of the night in the polar vortex and was going to bring Frank a salad after JS had spent the day working, flying and stuck with a flight delay. I also find it very convenient with JS's manager being on the phone with JS at that time. I think the reason for the delay in calling LE was for staging.

Extreme Method Acting: 15 Actors Who Have Taken The Craft To Another Level (PHOTOS)

The art of method acting has long been a favored technique of Hollywood heavyweights seeking to perfect their craft. These days, however, the unorthodox practice is getting some extra attention thanks to stars like Shia Labeouf and Daniel Day-Lewis.

Extreme Method Acting: 15 Actors Who Have Taken The Craft To Another Level (PHOTOS) | HuffPost

All Jussie has to do is get the "show runner" who lays out future story lines to go along with it, or even that they were exploring it as a sory line for "his character". These actors are contractually bound to NOT disclose future storylines to anyone. Mark Garegos is famous for not telling a client to lie but instead ask a "leading question" ie so were you thinking________?

I am not finding the article just now but Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain that they actually developed and lived "lover" bonds. So close that even though both are/were straight everyone on set and close to them thought they were. When Heath died Jake mourned as though they had been.

JMO

Last edited:
While Chicago was assigning dozens of police officers to find "justice" for Smollett, 18 people were murdered, and one infant was shot in the head and is on life support. and about 60 or more shot and not killed. Nobody cared about those people, it was all about Smollett, and I find that disgusting. Politicians use Jussie Smollett, while a 1-year-old boy shot in the head is set aside

It does make sense given the terrorism angle plus JS publicly challenged LE that they wouldn't solve it during his GMA interview. JS forced every relevant agency to be all over it with their respective A-teams.

Extreme Method Acting: 15 Actors Who Have Taken The Craft To Another Level (PHOTOS)

The art of method acting has long been a favored technique of Hollywood heavyweights seeking to perfect their craft. These days, however, the unorthodox practice is getting some extra attention thanks to stars like Shia Labeouf and Daniel Day-Lewis.

Extreme Method Acting: 15 Actors Who Have Taken The Craft To Another Level (PHOTOS) | HuffPost

All Jussie has to do is get the "show runner" who lays out future story lines to go along with it, or even that they were exploring it as a sory line for "his character". These actors are contractually bound to NOT disclose future storylines to anyone. Mark Garegos is famous for not telling a client to lie but instead ask a "leading question" ie so were you thinking________?

JMO
How many of those extreme method actors lied to the FBI?

Well, there is a first time for everything. However, I think this whole business is just a result of Smollett's racism and hate. moo

I'm still going between that or if this was a stunt to enhance his cred with politicians. Seems like he doesn't care too much about the AA community--his entire team to help him through this fiasco is white (not sure if any of his team is gay)

Did anyone notice the lame explanation JS gave to Robin on GMA about why he had the CPD turn off their body cams. He didn't want to make a commotion in the hallway with his neighbors (something along those lines).

So first of all how many neighbors are hanging around in the hallway at 2:40 in the morning? Who cares about the hallway when within seconds they will be entering into your apartment. They are not going to take your report in the hallway. Neighbors aren't' going to say wow the cops are here and their body cams are on, lets get crazy

Just struck me as very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member