IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie De Mar‏Verified account @CharlieDeMar
Sketches of Jussie Smollett from inside court. He is expected to bond out in 10 minutes. @cbschicago

Dz9XmxsX0AArrpm.jpg

Dz9Xmx0XQAAHsIQ.jpg

Dz9XmxwWoAA5qWF.jpg

4:17 PM - 21 Feb 2019
I love how the artist captured Jussie’s side eye stare.

This was from Fox, the Network for the show. But in looking it was from 2016. Since that time the ratings from the show are considerably less. I suppose the fact remains that compared to the other "stars" he was paid considerably less as well. All in all I'm sure you are right about the $65K. This will teach me to read the Entire article from now on!

"While Smollett's current "Empire" salary is unknown, according a Variety report from 2016, the show's second season, he was making significantly less than his co-stars. At that time it was reported that he earned around $20,000, while co-stars Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson were getting paid around $175,000 per episode."

‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett’s salary, net worth compared to co-stars | Fox Business
IMO...This is comparing apples and oranges. Terrance and Taraji have been in recent hit shows. What movies had Jussie been premiered in his adult life?

It was reported earlier that they were "shooting" today and that he was actually late for his "call" time. That they had delayed shooting that he was part of. It could be they want all the shoots and scenes he is already spoken for to be done so that THEY can be done. They are in the middle of shooting final few season 6 episodes of the show. Supposedly they cut him from 9 scenes to 4. We'll see. I don't know if that means one episode or the rest of the season. It was reported earlier that this was going to be the last season. It may change now.

JMO

IMO...This is comparing apples and oranges. Terrance and Taraji have been in recent hit shows. What movies had Jussie been premiered in his adult life?

Exactly.

Personally I do not believe this crime had anything to do with his salary. He either told the brothers this OR MG came up with this Whopper of an excuse and the other attorneys who met with CPD Tuesday told the detectives this.

JMHO

Anyone care to speculate for fun, would it have been possible to do this crime without getting caught. What would need to change, location, partners in crime, the crime itself? Obviously no sane person would do this hoax but I'm just wondering would it be achievable.

My thoughts:

1. Don't make the letters envelope look so crazy. Make it look like a legit fan letter that someone would open.

2. Obviously get some burner phones.

3.Was trying to think if there was any way the brothers could have gotten from their house to downtown Chicago without being seen but I think there are just too many cameras, public transport wouldn't have worked, private transport obviously didn't work. Maybe keep face covered and take a greyhound bus to and from different rural locations that wouldn't have many cameras and hide out?

4.Would this have been achievable if there was no brothers involved. If he knew the camera isn't pointing at that spot, waits, keeps covered when entering the apartment block and injures himself once he gets to his apartment. No one to corroborate its a hoax and even if theres no one on camera walking behind him, LE don't have proof he did it himself.

5. Choose a warm rural location for this to have happened not central Chicago. Less cold so your face isn't covered and more MAGA supporters, small amount of cameras. Have it after he leaves a gay bar and leave out the Empire connection?

So if you were to plan this out, how would you do it? (Obviously speculation not suggesting anyone does it, just wondering would it be possible to get away with and what would the circumstances have to be?)

The obvious mistake that Smollett made is to assume that investigators are too stupid to detect his criminal activities - as in, he thinks he's smarter than others.
Yes. The reason he was caught link back directly to his attitude that he was too smart to be caught. He thought he could play the Chicago PD, and it didn't work.

jmo

Anyone care to speculate for fun, would it have been possible to do this crime without getting caught. What would need to change, location, partners in crime, the crime itself? Obviously no sane person would do this hoax but I'm just wondering would it be achievable.

My thoughts:

1. Don't make the letters envelope look so crazy. Make it look like a legit fan letter that someone would open.

2. Obviously get some burner phones.

3.Was trying to think if there was any way the brothers could have gotten from their house to downtown Chicago without being seen but I think there are just too many cameras, public transport wouldn't have worked, private transport obviously didn't work. Maybe keep face covered and take a greyhound bus to and from different rural locations that wouldn't have many cameras and hide out?

4.Would this have been achievable if there was no brothers involved. If he knew the camera isn't pointing at that spot, waits, keeps covered when entering the apartment block and injures himself once he gets to his apartment. No one to corroborate its a hoax and even if theres no one on camera walking behind him, LE don't have proof he did it himself.

5. Choose a warm rural location for this to have happened not central Chicago. Less cold so your face isn't covered and more MAGA supporters, small amount of cameras. Have it after he leaves a gay bar and leave out the Empire connection?

So if you were to plan this out, how would you do it? (Obviously speculation not suggesting anyone does it, just wondering would it be possible to get away with and what would the circumstances have to be?)
  1. Don't do it in a polar vortex
  2. Don't engage the help of anyone else
  3. Don't do it in a town full of video cameras
  4. Don't claim MAGA statements, or at the very least, don't claim they recognized an Empire actor LOL
  5. Do it in a part of the country where it might possibly be believable they don't like a gay, black man
I did this without looking at your list. I see we've come up with largely the same things. The things that raised all of our BS meters would be the things he'd have to change to have any chance at all.

1. Don't do it in a polar vortex
  2. Don't engage the help of anyone else
  3. Don't do it in a town full of video cameras
  4. Don't claim MAGA statements, or at the very least, don't claim they recognized an Empire actor LOL
  5. Do it in a part of the country where it might possibly be believable they don't like a gay, black man
I did this without looking at your list. I see we've come up with largely the same things. The things that raised all of our BS meters would be the things he'd have to change to have any chance at all.

He'd also have to convince a couple of white dudes to play the role of racist homophobes. What's the likelihood of that happening in exchange for plane tickets to Nigeria!

The obvious mistake that Smollett made is to assume that investigators are too stupid to detect his criminal activities - as in, he thinks he's smarter than others.

More obvious is the mistake that he thought he and his cast was playing to the camera. That LE would look at the footage from THAT camera and accept it for what he said. The problem unbeknown to him was THAT camera was not focused in the direction he planned. Instead the City of Chicago has and does place "pod cameras" throughout the City to protect itself from people just like Jussie. We have to remember this is the FIRST time LEO is on the right side of the story in a VERY long time. Jussie CHALLENGED CPD with his statements. "Because I am a Black/Gay man they will not solve this (per GMA interview). CPD showed I DON'T AGREE!

JMO

Exactly.

Personally I do not believe this crime had anything to do with his salary. He either told the brothers this OR MG came up with this Whopper of an excuse and the other attorneys who met with CPD Tuesday told the detectives this.

JMHO

That's a good point. He had to come up with some sort of explanation, and it had to be better than divisively claiming white dudes are carrying nooses in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsedani