IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says they do have a very strong case but no case is slam-dunk. The defense team seems to be changing from ”How dare you say he’s making it up?” to they wanna do their own investigation. What they seem to be doing is criticizing the police department and leaks and say how can we trust anything? If this goes to trial they will likely attack the two brothers who were suspects at first. The cameras not capturing the incident may help JS. It would be his word against the bros' word.

I disagree with this legal approach. Police have so much evidence tracking the brother's movements that it is impossible to exclude Smollett from the equation. Their cell phones must have be trackable when they rehearsed the attack, putting all three of them in the same place, add in the money trail and there's no alternate reality.

I thought the brothers were from Chicago! ?!

It's a matter of what JS thought, which JS is the one who thought it was good idea to do this at 2 AM during the polar vortex and then wear a noose for 45 minutes. Just because he has some plan, it doesn't mean that it's a good one. I think it was a bad plan to draw a palm tree like a whole host other bad plans of his.

It's a matter of what JS thought, which JS is the one who thought it was good idea to do this at 2 AM during the polar vortex and then wear a noose for 45 minutes. Just because he has some plan, it doesn't mean that it's a good one. I think it was a bad plan to draw a palm tree like a whole host other bad plans of his.

Could you please briefly explain the context for "polar vortex?" Where does that come from? What does it mean?

Thank you to everyone for the discussion and posting tweets, media links etc..

Just wanted to share my 2 cents. When I first heard the story I felt horrified and sad, but I remember thinking at the time that it didn't sound right, for all the reasons brought up in discussions here.

Watching his GMA interview and his behavior since reminded me of Jodi Arias. Can you imagine!! But seriously, I have not seen this level of arrogance, narcissism, bullheadedness, obstinance, stone cold lying since JA.

Maybe they were lynchers from Hawaii?

I don't think even a racist from Hawaii would use a palm, especially when they're in Chicago. The type of palm that it appears to be - the bottle palm - is from Africa. If you're some nativist/racist, palm trees aren't going to be your first choice no matter where in the US you are. If you were doing some generic lynching threat - like pay up or die - I could maybe see it, but not as part of a racial lynching threat.

I disagree with this legal approach. Police have so much evidence tracking the brother's movements that it is impossible to exclude Smollett from the equation. Their cell phones must have be trackable when they rehearsed the attack, putting all three of them in the same place, add in the money trail and there's no alternate reality.
Yeah, I agree. But I remember ”slam-dunk“ cases like Casey Anthony. What if they don’t deny he met the brothers? He called them. He even paid them. They were friends. But they were just hanging out and doing personal training and he has NO IDEA why they would attack him. Maybe they even bring up jealousy as a motive because Jussie had it all and they had nothing. Or they blackmailed him and wanted more money or they’d expose him (drugs). When he didn’t pay, they used an opportunity to beat him up. Lots of stuff they can bring up to cast reasonable doubt. Not that I‘d believe a word of it, but maybe someone does.

Oh, please. He made up the whole story and then lied to police, started a massive investigation which led to the 2 Nigerian brothers being taken in for questioning. They told the whole story. They weren't going to jail for attacking this guy, which he apparently would have let happen.

Bleach freezes at 19 degrees Fahrenheit. Bleach bleaches clothes. Oops.

The Nigerians were recorded buying all the props at the ACE hardware store. They tried to flee the country after the "attack".

Jussie tried to delete certain things from his phone, too late. LE had it and just had to investigate the deleted messages and phone numbers to link him to the Nigerians.

He sent himself hate mail with crushed Ibupofen in it and MAGA as a return address.

He PAID the Nigerians, that money is traced.

After the "attack", during which he didn't drop phis phone or sandwich, he went inside, ate, called some friends and then called LE. When they arrived, he was wearing the 'noose' and refused to give up his phone.

NO injuries. Two big, muscular men attacked him and no injuries.

He just figure LE wouldn't find these guys because they were going to be in Nigeria.

He already played this game before when he was stopped for driving drunk and gave LE his brother's name.

He is just a lying liar.

The grand jury indicted him. He needs to go to jail and pay the citizens of Chicago back all the money they spent on this investigation.

Mark Geragos? Really? Scott Peterson hired him too. LOL

Thank you to everyone for the discussion and posting tweets, media links etc..

Just wanted to share my 2 cents. When I first heard the story I felt horrified and sad, but I remember thinking at the time that it didn't sound right, for all the reasons brought up in discussions here.

Watching his GMA interview and his behavior since reminded me of Jodi Arias. Can you imagine!! But seriously, I have not seen this level of arrogance, narcissism, bullheadedness, obstinance, stone cold lying since JA.

Does he stick out his left elbow when he drinks water too?

Yeah, I agree. But I remember ”slam-dunk“ cases like Casey Anthony. What if they don’t deny he met the brothers? He called them. He even paid them. They were friends. But they were just hanging out and doing personal training and he has NO IDEA why they would attack him. Maybe they even bring up jealousy as a motive because Jussie had it all and they had nothing. Or they blackmailed him and wanted more money or they’d expose him (drugs). When he didn’t pay, they used an opportunity to beat him up. Lots of stuff they can bring up to cast reasonable doubt. Not that I‘d believe a word of it, but maybe someone does.

Then why didn't he name them as his attackers? Yeah, no. He is just a lying liar. It's his MO.

At this point I don't think it matters (especially to him) what a Court of Law finds. What is going to matter more to both him and his now finished career is the Court of Public opinion and Perception.

JMO

Then he has to explain why he claimed they were two white men yelling MAGA. That's the part that falls under "filing a false police report"

Here's an article from Chicago the night this happened talking about the weather how it was set for extremely cold weather:
Chicago Weather: What Exactly Is The Polar Vortex?
It wasn't just cold weather but the coldest in years.

Thank you! I had no idea it was a weather thing. What was I thinking!
Ah yes, if it was a polar vortex, then it was cold and there was a cold wind creating a colder wind chill factor. Even the criminals stay home on days that cold.

Then why didn't he name them as his attackers? Yeah, no. He is just a lying liar. It's his MO.

Actually it's come up that he refused to press charges against them because he felt bad. Apparently LE called him saying they caught the guys who did it and he was all ready to swear out a complain against his attackers, but then when he saw who it was he said he knew them and felt bad for them so didn't want to press charges. Being a lying liar is his MO, like him setting up his brother to take the fall for his DUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici