IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
2:10 PM PT -- Jussie told police, during his arrest, he has a drug problem ... one for which he's never been treated. That could become relevant later in the case because, as we reported, cops say Jussie bought ecstasy from Abel. IF he were convicted, a drug issue could be a mitigating factor that gets his sentenced reduced.

Jussie Smollett Released from Custody After Arrest into a Swarm of Media

Maybe, maybe not. This was planned over a period of several days, during which he presumably went about normal day to day business such as banking, work and making travel arrangements. Did he look like he was drugged during his 15 minutes of fame post-lie interviews?

Given that it was clearly organized and pre-meditated, can he really claim that he was on drugs?

2:10 PM PT -- Jussie told police, during his arrest, he has a drug problem ... one for which he's never been treated. That could become relevant later in the case because, as we reported, cops say Jussie bought ecstasy from Abel. IF he were convicted, a drug issue could be a mitigating factor that gets his sentenced reduced.

Jussie Smollett Released from Custody After Arrest into a Swarm of Media

Admission of illegal drug use is not a mitigating factor or justification for crime. I argue this one all day long.

He wants to be sent to a substance abuse treatment facility, at his expense. That won't fly, because of consistent evidence of lying to LEO. And this crime is not linked to substance abuse, like theft for drug money.

Geragos is throwing the net. Not gonna fly.

Mr. Smollett is the biggest threat to society I have ever seen. This behavior needs to stop. No handslap here.

Last edited:
JS is going to get dragged bigly for this one lol

Tanya Chen‏Verified account @Tanya_Chen
Jussie Smollett's defense attorney told the judge that "these are outrageous allegations" made against his client. He argued that Smollett is "not a threat to society" and is an "upstanding citizen" who's been charitable to his community
lol, must be talking about ANOTHER Jussie Smollett...

Anyone care to speculate for fun, would it have been possible to do this crime without getting caught. What would need to change, location, partners in crime, the crime itself? Obviously no sane person would do this hoax but I'm just wondering would it be achievable.

My thoughts:

1. Don't make the letters envelope look so crazy. Make it look like a legit fan letter that someone would open.

2. Obviously get some burner phones.

3.Was trying to think if there was any way the brothers could have gotten from their house to downtown Chicago without being seen but I think there are just too many cameras, public transport wouldn't have worked, private transport obviously didn't work. Maybe keep face covered and take a greyhound bus to and from different rural locations that wouldn't have many cameras and hide out?

4.Would this have been achievable if there was no brothers involved. If he knew the camera isn't pointing at that spot, waits, keeps covered when entering the apartment block and injures himself once he gets to his apartment. No one to corroborate its a hoax and even if theres no one on camera walking behind him, LE don't have proof he did it himself.

5. Choose a warm rural location for this to have happened not central Chicago. Less cold so your face isn't covered and more MAGA supporters, small amount of cameras. Have it after he leaves a gay bar and leave out the Empire connection?

So if you were to plan this out, how would you do it? (Obviously speculation not suggesting anyone does it, just wondering would it be possible to get away with and what would the circumstances have to be?)

Ditch the juvenile letter idea completely

Be a more convincing actor during the RR interview.

Anyone care to speculate for fun, would it have been possible to do this crime without getting caught. What would need to change, location, partners in crime, the crime itself? Obviously no sane person would do this hoax but I'm just wondering would it be achievable.

My thoughts:

1. Don't make the letters envelope look so crazy. Make it look like a legit fan letter that someone would open.

2. Obviously get some burner phones.

3.Was trying to think if there was any way the brothers could have gotten from their house to downtown Chicago without being seen but I think there are just too many cameras, public transport wouldn't have worked, private transport obviously didn't work. Maybe keep face covered and take a greyhound bus to and from different rural locations that wouldn't have many cameras and hide out?

4.Would this have been achievable if there was no brothers involved. If he knew the camera isn't pointing at that spot, waits, keeps covered when entering the apartment block and injures himself once he gets to his apartment. No one to corroborate its a hoax and even if theres no one on camera walking behind him, LE don't have proof he did it himself.

5. Choose a warm rural location for this to have happened not central Chicago. Less cold so your face isn't covered and more MAGA supporters, small amount of cameras. Have it after he leaves a gay bar and leave out the Empire connection?

So if you were to plan this out, how would you do it? (Obviously speculation not suggesting anyone does it, just wondering would it be possible to get away with and what would the circumstances have to be?)
1. If you really feel the need to use letters cut out from magazines to send a threat, do NOT select Cosmopolitan, Gay Pages, or Vanity Fair. They may look nice but forget about gold and silver letters. Bad! Bad! Bad! Buy The American Conservative, Shooting Illustrated, or American Cowboy. Black letters only! And NO palm trees! It’s best to send a threat from a burner phone using a VPN and fake e-mail address.
2. Even if you’re an actor and you want to be seen, recognized, have an Oscar, forget cameras! No! No! No! And no polar vortex either! Let it unfold in rural Alabama, even if it means you maybe have to attend a gay square dance event to make it work!
3. Decide if your opponents are Empire fans, MAGA, homophobic, racist, or anti-vegan. Don’t make them be all of it!
4. If you really have to involve two brothers, make sure they stay in Nigera. And choose a bro who is not friends with you and posts ”I love you Jussie“ stories on Instagram.

Ditch the juvenile letter idea completely

Be a more convincing actor during the RR interview.

I had never watched his interview before today and it is hilarious.

I am puzzled to how anybody could watch that and come away with anything positive about Jussie.

How can somebody put a noose around your neck and you not be aware until after they have run off?

Then he must of forgotten about it again as 45 mins later he still has the noose around his neck when the Police arrive to question him.

Last edited:
Why would he think that his salary would go up if he falsely accused two black men of being white men making racial and homophobic slurs, and telling fibs about bleach and nooses? That's like a crazy person stunt.
2:10 PM PT -- Jussie told police, during his arrest, he has a drug problem ... one for which he's never been treated. That could become relevant later in the case because, as we reported, cops say Jussie bought ecstasy from Abel. IF he were convicted, a drug issue could be a mitigating factor that gets his sentenced reduced

Yeah.. right. Several of us called that one in the first thread. We knew he’d come up with some lame and BS excuse. A stint at rehab and a slap on the wrist. Boo-hoo, like he was too drugged up and addicted to something to know what he was doing. Ugh. What a liar.

Here’s a question. The proffer mentions a woman who worked for NBC. She’d just parked her car close to the scene of the ‘attack,’ and didn’t hear a thing, even though both the brothers and Smollett were supposedly yelling.

So, was she really there at the time and place where she’d have heard something—if there’d been anything to hear?

If so, where does that leave his manager, who supposedly heard, over the phone, the whole attack happen?

I think the simplest explanation would be that she actually wasn’t at the right place, at the right time, to hear anything. But—

It was reported earlier that they were "shooting" today and that he was actually late for his "call" time. That they had delayed shooting that he was part of. It could be they want all the shoots and scenes he is already spoken for to be done so that THEY can be done. They are in the middle of shooting final few season 6 episodes of the show. Supposedly they cut him from 9 scenes to 4. We'll see. I don't know if that means one episode or the rest of the season. It was reported earlier that this was going to be the last season. It may change now.

JMO
"Okay Jussie, for this scene, stand in this dark alley, hold this sandwich, while we have these two guys beat you up on camera. Only this time, make it look real. This is your exit from the show."

Admission of illegal drug use is not a mitigating factor or justification for crime. I argue this one all day long.

He wants to be sent to a substance abuse treatment facility, at his expense. That won't fly, because of consistent evidence of lying to LEO. And this crime is not linked to substance abuse, like theft for drug money.

Geragos is throwing the net. Not gonna fly.

Mr. Smollett is the biggest threat to society I have ever seen. This behavior needs to stop. No handslap here.

ITA

Illinois is the least of his worries. The FEDS are on this case and I have always been of the belief he will face numerous charges. The letter is going to burn bad. Let's not forget communicating terroristic threats not to mention lying. :rolleyes:
He will be hopping down the Federal rabbit trap in good time.

We all know much smarter men then him are falling on that one. Geragos is legend for his games with not much success in the criminal arena.

I do consider him a pathological liar with intent to provoke harm to many.

JMHO :)

This diabolical, calculating individual certainly belongs in a prison cell. It would be awful, if he escaped his deserved punishment, after he promoted hate, and wasted LE's valuable time, and continued to lie, even after caught in his web of deceit. Just his arrogance should earn him extra time.

Here’s a question. The proffer mentions a woman who worked for NBC. She’d just parked her car close to the scene of the ‘attack,’ and didn’t hear a thing, even though both the brothers and Smollett were supposedly yelling.

So, was she really there at the time and place where she’d have heard something—if there’d been anything to hear?

If so, where does that leave his manager, who supposedly heard, over the phone, the whole attack happen?

I think the simplest explanation would be that she actually wasn’t at the right place, at the right time, to hear anything. But—

That's a good question. The two "white" dudes were quietly uttering racial homophobic slurs?

ITA

Illinois is the least of his worries. The FEDS are on this case and I have always been of the belief he will face numerous charges. The letter is going to burn bad. Let's not forget communicating terroristic threats not to mention lying. :rolleyes:
He will be hopping down the Federal rabbit trap in good time.

We all know much smarter men then him are falling on that one. Geragos is legend for his games with not much success in the criminal arena.

I do consider him a pathological liar with intent to provoke harm to many.

JMHO :)

I agree. The State of Illinois is the least of his worries. But, folks are angry, so he is going to get time. And I don't see any special treatment here, he has burned every single political chip he may have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay