CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that will always shoot those theories down is the fact that she still had her phone AFTER the clean up. If she took pics, that would certainly be on PF's phone. Things deleted seldom stay that way.
I had the thought maybe she would have taken pics, as well. We don't have all the real "evidence", per se.

As far as the exhaustion - she maybe drinking one of those Starbucks double triple quadruple espressos.

Same here with the IMO and speculation.

She had her phone after the cleanup, but only until about 12/4, IIRC. I think when PF got arrested, she told her ex-husband she had lost her phone and had to buy a new one. I know that even if the phone is gone, LE can still work with the phone company to get her call/text log. What I don't know is if LE can access the content of texts or photos that were only on the phone or were backed up somewhere without LE knowing where.

Not really relevant except as evidence of KK's character, perhaps, but I wonder about her relationship with her ex-husband. They're divorced but they still share a home, OK, I can understand that happens. I don't understand them getting along well enough to make that work, but she still had to hide her relationship with PF from him. From his brief comment, it sounds like her relationship with PF in 2016-2017 with PF contributed to the breakup. However, I don't understand why she would still need to hide a new relationship from her ex and apparently most of her family. Only a few friends knew about PF.

I also don't understand the texts. She sends a fake text to MG in case her husband reads her texts, but what about the regular communication (calls and texts) to PF? Did she regularly clean up her phone log and delete everything?

Just seems odd, like so much else about this case.

When KK was caught and confronted on the lies she told to investigators she then agreed to be truthful with them. At some point they came to an agreement -- Plea bargain. We do not know any details of the plea bargain, but I am somewhat certain it entails truthful statements from KK here on out. If she doesn't follow through with her end of the agreement (and vice versus) the plea bargain can be revoked. How is that unethical?

Just because a plea bargain has been entered into and agreed upon does not make it a done deal. I do not believe that the prosecution is deliberately trying to get KK to mess up. They do know she has lied. If during the remainder of the investigation they discover additional blatant lies then they may consider withdrawing the plea. IMO -- Completely legal and ethical.
Right. A deal is a deal. If KK breaks the deal, the deal is broken. Simple as that.

The deal is made!
Nothing short of KK standing up in court and yelling out I made the whole thing up is going to change that! No matter how much we may want her to be charged with more serious charges it ain’t gonna happen folks! No way no how.
KKL had to agree to a list of contingencies so her deal is not final until she has met these thus is why she has not been sentenced. Her plea has been entered and accepted but is contingent on multiple items not just truthful testimony. Her case will be final when all conditions are met and sentenced rendered. If she violates any she could be arrested and the deal revoked.

Ashes do not leave much to discover. My sons ashes were distributed on a mild day and the breeze literally blew them away .....nothing there.

Cremated remains can vary. They are very coarse and contain a lot of bone fragments when the come out of the incinerator. Here's a good article that describes it. What are cremated ashes like? » Urns | Online
cremated-ashes.jpg

When I've had dogs cremated, the ashes were much more coarse than you describe -- similar to the gravel used in a salt water aquarium. My brother's were as well.

I'm not sure I believe that she left breadcrumbs for the police either, but didn't she point out exact places where there was blood, blood that the police didn't see on their own?

I too think that KK is telling the story in a way that benefits herself (though, it doesn't really), but I do believe the facts she's telling and I think the known information corroborates. I hate that the consequences will be less than that they would otherwise be for her and I'm worried there will be none at all, but the DA must have figured there was no other way to get him. It's a sucky situation all around.

MOO, Can anyone else imagine a kooky defense that can explain KK's post-murder behavior/clean-up, while also saving PF from life in prison?

Could this defense tactic be possible?
Might the defense put forth a scenario where KB was found in her condo by PF, deceased by suicide. PF, being the gentleman and caring family guy he is (LOL) wanted to spare her loved ones the pain and stigma that sometimes accompanies a death by suicide. And maybe he was feeling some guilt or responsibility due to problems in their relationship. So, he made the decision to have KB "vanish" into the unknown, because he thought that was the preferred narrative, to spare her family and their daughter from the difficult "truth."

How to explain the copious amounts of blood throughout the condo? She used a sharp object, followed by a firearm to effect her death.

IMO, of course it's a ridiculous notion, and there's no way that would work to convince a jury of his innocence, but I've seen some very creative work by defense counsel in my lifetime, so nothing would surprise me.

Just to be clear, I think the above scenario is ridiculous and impossible!
They can try but they'll be grasping at straws.

KKL had to agree to a list of contingencies so her deal is not final until she has met these thus is why she has not been sentenced. Her plea has been entered and accepted but is contingent on multiple items not just truthful testimony. Her case will be final when all conditions are met and sentenced rendered. If she violates any she could be arrested and the deal revoked.

Yup, it's possible (I think) that she could yet be shown to have been untruthful, as you say, and the deal revoked. There's a lot of time before trial, things could still happen.

Just a thought, as twisted as this whole case is, nothing would surprise me at this point.

The whole thing screams overkill.

What if PF carried out the murder and then KK fired the gun at the corpse per PF’s request (or her own idea) so they were tied to it together should any physical evidence be recovered or should she decide to talk?
This would make more sense if they used Kelsey's gun and bullet to do such a thing. Why they would do that, is beyond me, unless they had plans to make it look like she committed suicide. Then why burn the body- unless, they did do that to make it look like suicide, but then KK chickened out and refused to drive Kelsey's body or remains back to Idaho with her.

We still don't know if KK or PF even fired a bullet at all. It's her friend's word against theirs in terms of a bullet gone missing. Unless LE was able to prove that her friend's gun was fired around the time that Kelsey went missing, I don't know if this will even be relevant in this case, unless KK is lying again, and they didn't burn her body after all- that this part was made up and Kelsey's body could be out there somewhere in the woods between Colorado and Idaho. Saying they burned it when they didn't could leave LE on a wild goose chase, to search for her remains. Who knows, with these two!

I think the DA knows KK lied and that's why the deal will be called off. Her story makes no sense. She claims she left blood evidence so LE would more quickly find her yet when LE did first contact her, she lied. The defense will have a field day with KK on the stand.

JMO

I hope all of the lies that monster KK told will catch up with her and possibly negate her deal with the prosecution. I’m not a lawyer and don’t know the intricacies of all of this but if she lied and it is proven it seems that all bets would be off the table . I will always believe she instigated this whole murder and the less then bright PK went along with it. He is a monster, for sure, but she is evil to the core.

I think KK's statements are the sort of usual self-serving lies that liars tell. I believe they decided to kill KB together and she wanted to get rid of KB as badly as PF did. PF tried to manipulate her into doing it, but she knew she was physically incapable of beating KB to death, and we only have KK's word that she didn't poison the coffee. I can't imagine KB would drink it, probably said thanks and threw it away, as anyone in their right mind would. So PF continues pushing KK to do it for him, she drives down to do it but knows she has no good way to get KB under control. He sees a chance on TG and does it, but there's really no plan because both PF ad KK were trying to get each other to do it. PF tells KK, I did your part now you get down here and clean up the mess. I think PF originally thought KK would commit the murder to make it look like a robbery, so there wouldn't be any possibility of his being seen at KB's condo. I also think PF was going to make sure KK would get caught. He would have gotten a twofer. I do not believe KK knew that the phones were going to lead LE to her. Like most people, she knows cell phones can be traced, but she thought she was smarter than LE. I also don't believe she left blood evidence for LE to find. I think once she left the condo, she was afraid she'd be seen going back to finish.

ETA MOO
I do not like to defend the nurse, but her friend in the attorney's office said the nurse was shook up that someone had asked her to kill someone. And if the nurse was in on planning a murder, she wouldn't have told others anything about a future murder.

I believe she left a few traces of blood because I doubt LE would tell her where they found traces. When she saw the scene that PF left her she knew then just how brutal he was and what he was capable of doing. It was a small insurance policy for herself should she get caught. "Why would I leave evidence?" I am sure she is in fear now. Imagine if PF hated KB so much he could do what he did he no doubt hates KK more. On another note April the giraffe is getting ready to give birth again.

When KK was caught and confronted on the lies she told to investigators she then agreed to be truthful with them. At some point they came to an agreement -- Plea bargain. We do not know any details of the plea bargain, but I am somewhat certain it entails truthful statements from KK here on out. If she doesn't follow through with her end of the agreement (and vice versus) the plea bargain can be revoked. How is that unethical?

Just because a plea bargain has been entered into and agreed upon does not make it a done deal. I do not believe that the prosecution is deliberately trying to get KK to mess up. They do know she has lied. If during the remainder of the investigation they discover additional blatant lies then they may consider withdrawing the plea. IMO -- Completely legal and ethical.
What in there future discovery could be proof that KK is lying about something other than what they already knew? All the electronic evidence have been recovered over a month ago. I assure you the fbi, cbi are well aware of kk burner phones. Any physical evidence they could still find to tie kk to the murder scene won’t make a difference. KK already admitted to being at the murder scene. The plea deal will not be withdrawn and the DA does have faith in kk ability to testify! It’s going to happen, she’s going to receive her reduced sentence. That’s just the way it is

Cremated remains can vary. They are very coarse and contain a lot of bone fragments when the come out of the incinerator. Here's a good article that describes it. What are cremated ashes like? » Urns | Online

I forgot to mention: When PF removed the contents of the burn from the trough, there were likely a LOT of larger bone fragments. That burn wouldn't have produced as much heat as an incinerator, nor is it likely that the fragments would have been put through a grinder.

Last edited:
I believe she left a few traces of blood because I doubt LE would tell her where they found traces. When she saw the scene that PF left her she knew then just how brutal he was and what he was capable of doing. It was a small insurance policy for herself should she get caught. "Why would I leave evidence?" I am sure she is in fear now. Imagine if PF hated KB so much he could do what he did he no doubt hates KK more. On another note April the giraffe is getting ready to give birth again.

Oh! Thanks for the heads-up. April is a couple of hours from me, we may need to take a road trip to see the wee giraffe.

OT, sorry.

I do not like to defend the nurse, but her friend in the attorney's office said the nurse was shook up that someone had asked her to kill someone. And if the nurse was in on planning a murder, she wouldn't have told others anything about a future murder.
Sure she would..to brag that PF wanted her (KK) so much that he wanted his baby mommy dead. She wasn't shaken up...she was excited. And she drove 800 miles 3 times to try to follow through on it.
MOO

CW confessed and we don't have that in this case. A co-conspirator is just as guilty of the crime no matter who pulls the trigger and KK seems to reside in crazy town.

KK's "story" is embellished with bizarre details--scented candles, cookie cutters-- to be a non-participant. KK admitted she came to KB's door with a nonsensical story and a cup of coffee. That's crazy stalking. KK did it TWICE.

It is entirely possible KK was in CO on on the date of KB's murder. There is no known date of the murder and the body is still missing. But the incredible detail KK attributes to PF telling her, I don't buy for a minute. I think KK was there and a very willing participant. Does that make PF any less guilty? Of course not!

JMO

Wondering if flights in and out of Idaho/Colorado have been checked, because I have a funny feeling KKL was there on Thanksgiving also.

Edit/add All this talk of driving all the time might be a way to overlook any flights.

Woke up hoping that when LE went to the dump in December after PF’s dump run, maybe they recovered something in the bags they recovered.

Did they actually do a brief search of the landfill on January 17th? And now they are going back to the landfill. Maybe they have been narrowing down the location to search at the landfill and they have that now?

Praying they have something and praying when they go back they find more.

I truly think PF and KK did not get that fire hot enough and there are bone, tooth, and metal pieces out there that wound up at the dump.

I also swear I saw somewhere in reference to KK’s cleanup efforts that she put some trash in KB’s garbage can or a dumpster but I can’t find that now. I’ll go back and look.

I don't know about all of you, but I'm still feeling a bit shocked about all the information that was revealed on the 19th. Poor KB didn't stand a chance with PF and KK. They were hell bent on killing her and they went to great lengths to get it done. What they did is beyond sick. My heart breaks for Baby K, her family and friends.
jmo
The brutal plan KK willingly went along with,as long as she didn't have to do the deed herself. Three times she tried, even including her own family member in the ride along. Manipulated her friends,family, deceived her hubby,and her own children by extension. Used a friend,for her car,with a fully loaded gun. Used a lawyer couple for free advise,and representation. Using her BFF to be her mouthpiece through the media,so she can get around the no talking to media clause in her plea agreement.
She's equally as guilty as PF.

Is she going to tell where that missing bullet went? If not why not?
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member