CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make more sense if they used Kelsey's gun and bullet to do such a thing. Why they would do that, is beyond me, unless they had plans to make it look like she committed suicide. Then why burn the body- unless, they did do that to make it look like suicide, but then KK chickened out and refused to drive Kelsey's body or remains back to Idaho with her.

We still don't know if KK or PF even fired a bullet at all. It's her friend's word against theirs in terms of a bullet gone missing. Unless LE was able to prove that her friend's gun was fired around the time that Kelsey went missing, I don't know if this will even be relevant in this case, unless KK is lying again, and they didn't burn her body after all- that this part was made up and Kelsey's body could be out there somewhere in the woods between Colorado and Idaho. Saying they burned it when they didn't could leave LE on a wild goose chase, to search for her remains. Who knows, with these two!

It makes me wonder if one of the search warrants that were done up where she lives was not done for her friend's car. Perhaps for evidence or for cadaver dogs as she must have put all of the bloody items in her trunk of her friend's car. If I was her friend, I don't know if I will be able to drive that car again. I would want to burn it. And I would want to burn her to.

Can you imagine her friend and her friend's husband knowing that that car had the cleanup of a murder in their trunk at one time?

And this is her friend that works at the same Hospital that she did? Omigosh the water cooler must be going wild.

I recall that there was within the prelim that she burned the phone that was hers and KB's in her front yard right when she got back home. I can't seem to find that link.

But I do have this information which you are discussing about the interview with her husband. Which makes me think, if she burned her phone the day she got back on the 25th, the attached screenshot shows that she did not ask her husband until the 4th to get a new phone.

Ummmm....

What phone was she using between the 25th and the 4th if she burned her phone in the front yard when she got home?

Or am I getting information wrong? Does anybody remember as to what phone(s) were burned in the front yard? I can't find link or recall where I read that.

TIA

ETA, reattached link of screenshot which did not work the first time
Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
She threw the keys (presumably to Berreth’s townhome) into a gorge in Gooding, Idaho. Kenney told investigators about her route back to Twin Falls. It matches the phone records. She then burned Kelsey’s phone & a burner phone in her yard.

I do not like to defend the nurse, but her friend in the attorney's office said the nurse was shook up that someone had asked her to kill someone. And if the nurse was in on planning a murder, she wouldn't have told others anything about a future murder.

But the nurse, KKL self-admittedly plead guilty to having been asked three times and almost going forward with it three times. So I'm not sure what you're host is trying to say.

Are you saying that you agree that she was in on the planning, and that is why she did not tell about a future murder to her friends?

It sure seems like a couple of them knew that that might be what was about to happen. In my opinion.

“Do you suppose PF was getting cash from the bank/credit union to give KK so she wouldn't have to use a credit card for gas on that 800 mile trip back to Idaho, therefore leaving a trail?”

Sorry, I cut too much. I would be willing to bet that law-enforcement has inspected as many video surveillance tapes as possible along that route. And if it’s like any place else, there are cameras set up along the way

MOO

What we want to know with answers:

When exactly does LE think the murder of KB occurred? Nov. 22 afternoon after 1:24 (when he entered KB’s condo) and before 3:36 (when PF was seen on camera again and when he called his mom and KK). PF started sending texts between his and KB’s phone at 3:53.

What evidence did LE find at the Fs ranchette? Burn pile, accelerant, possibly remnants of burned black tote

What evidence did LE find at KB’s townhome? KB’s blood in numerous places

What evidence did LE find in PF’s truck? Unclear/unknown

Where and with whom did PF dine on Thanksgiving day? At the ranchette with his mother and brother

When did KK arrive in CO? Nov. 24

Where and with whom did KK dine on Thanksgiving day? Her family in ID

How long was KK in CO? When did she arrive? When did she leave? Nov. 24 - Nov 25, exact arrival departure times unclear

Did KK send the texts? Yes

What motivated PF to murder KB? Custody of baby K (according to CB’s lawsuit)

What indications does LE have that KB’s remains might be in the landfill? PF allegedly told KK that he was going to take the remains to the dump or put them in a river. LE followed him to a transfer station in Divide on 11/18.

Where is KB? Burned, remains put in dumpster (or river)

What was her manner of death? Beaten to death with a baseball bat

Where was the baby when KB was murdered? In a playpen in a back room in KB’s condo

What did it say in the fake text sent from KBs phone to PFs phone? “Do you even love me?”

How did PF get KB out of her duplex after the murder? There is only one entrance/exit. We assume he took her out in the black tote; cadaver dog hit on the back of KB's green truck.

Have other witnesses come forward with evidence? Yes (MG, MS, and CL interviewed, video from neighbor)

Did KK see KB's body at any time while in CO? She only saw the box and a “lump” when it was burning.

What evidence led LE to conclude that KB is dead? KK’s account; blood evidence in KB's condo.

What evidence (if any) was recovered at the Waste Management Facility? Unknown/yet to be discovered

What are PF's known movements on Nov. 22nd and Nov. 23rd? 12:54 – 1:17 Walmart, 1:24 enters KB’s condo, 3:36 in front of KB’s condo, evening both KB and PF’s phones were traveling near Cripple Creek (cell tower); Nov 23, both phones in Florissant; later in the day (Nov.23) both phones go to Cripple Creek (same area as before), then back to Florissant. On Nov. 24, both phones are in Florissant in the morning, then make the same trip to Cripple Creek. Evening of Nov. 24 into the morning of Nov. 25, KB’s phone goes I-70 to SLC, Utah, then I-15 to ID. Between 5:01 and 6:14, KK, KB, and PF’s cell phones were all in Cripple Creek.

How did KK travel to and from CO? The first time, (coffee) she came with her aunt; last time (cleanup), swapped cars with her friend MG. MG’s vehicle is a 2012 Black VW Jetta.

If via POV, to whom does the POV belong? Her co-worker MG

What exactly is the nature of the relationship between PF/KK? Sexual/romantic, according to CL

Why did KK say she thought PF May have murdered before? Unclear/unknown

Where did KK stay while in Colorado? She asked to borrow MG’s car on Nov.23, sent fake text to MG on Nov. 24 asking if she could spend the night, and she was in Cripple Creek at 5:01 Nov. 24, then back to ID on Nov. 25. Returns vehicle to MG at 4:00 PM on Nov. 25.

Were cadaver dogs used to sniff out all of the vehicles (PF, Ma, KK, even KB's)? We know that cadaver dogs were used at KB's condo. Not sure if they were used elsewhere.

Which vehicle was used to move her body? Unclear, presumably PF's truck.

I believe I missed it but how do we know for certain that KK was not in Colorado on November 22? Is this true fact or is this from testimony? Testimony doesn’t prove a thing when it comes from the lying mouth of a psychopath.

I don't think we know where she was on 11/22, and I don't think the preliminary hearing or the affidavit addresses it, except to say that KK says she got a call from PF on 11/22 to come to CO. I'm sure LE knows where she was, though.

That is heart wrenching.

Is there a way to know the date she pinned that quote?

Maybe, just maybe, KB was moving on and PF could not accept it. Maybe, just maybe, that quote could reflect she had met someone new that treated her well and she pinned that quote to mean that had she not moved to CO and dealt with PF’s crap she would not have met someone great. I know this is a long shot, but it would be nice to imagine KB happy if even briefly before those monsters acted out their plan.

I know CB’s statements are all to the contrary of this, but it’s nice to think, maybe....

In all the details of KB's Pinterest, her visit to a Seventh Day Adventist center for depression, of her (apparent) limited discussion of the real issues with her mother, I get a terrible sense of passiveness.

I don't know if that is what her faith guides her to, but I don't get a sense of a major decision to leave PF, to secure Baby K, to remove herself from the WP area.

Of course, we are now looking at everything in the retrospective scope, seeing the building danger that was around her since September, when the first plots on her life were created.

But, I feel a terrible, sad passivity in her acceptance of issues with PF that were severely troubling her. I also feel terrible that there wasn't someone close to her to sense danger and get her out of there.

Here's the problem. Two liars and co-conspirators, (PF and KK) one of whom actually murdered an innocent young mother, told a lot of lies to several people, including LE.

Those people then repeated those lies to other people. Specifically, CB, KB's aunt, MG, MS, the Rs, CL, and KK's aunt. So when LE and the media interviewed the individuals named above, the only information they had to share was the lies of PF and KK. So those lies were perpetuated. Now the truth is being revealed. The affidavit is a great start, because technology doesn't lie. Those cell phone records and video recordings are gold. MOO

Last edited:
I believe she left a few traces of blood because I doubt LE would tell her where they found traces. When she saw the scene that PF left her she knew then just how brutal he was and what he was capable of doing. It was a small insurance policy for herself should she get caught. "Why would I leave evidence?" I am sure she is in fear now. Imagine if PF hated KB so much he could do what he did he no doubt hates KK more. On another note April the giraffe is getting ready to give birth again.

I still cannot comprehend why she thinks saying she left stuff will help her or what that did for her? I don't believe she left it on purpose, but why did she say such? Was it to get her a lesser sentence and her lawyer told her to say such to help her out with her plea agreement?

OT, we have a thread for April at WS
NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

I also swear I saw somewhere in reference to KK’s cleanup efforts that she put some trash in KB’s garbage can or a dumpster but I can’t find that now. I’ll go back and look.

Was it the reference to driving thru Sonic?

The 9News article mentioned KK taking the trash and heading off to Sonic. I had to read that part twice, as initially I had the impression that she dumped trash at Sonic.

“After cleaning up, Lee said she put the trash bags near where Berreth’s Corolla was parked, loaded them into her car, and went to Sonic.
From there, she returned to Frazee’s property.”

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

Re: the remains.

KK says she didn't actually see what PF did with the remains; she only knows what he told her he planned to do. After the fire burned down, he was going to 'scoop' any remains up and dispose of them at a dump or in a river.

That shouldn't have been a particularly large 'package'. The cremains of my parents each fit a box about the size of a shoebox. PF would probably be picking up a lot more, but it would still be much smaller in dimension than the tote.

LE took samples from the burn area and I believe detected accelerant and melted plastic, possibly from the tote.

What they didn't say is that they found any trace of human remains, like bone ash. Warning: graphic. I am wondering if there was no bone ash because as the plastic tote melted down, it sealed KB's remains inside.

If so, there's a very long shot that LE is looking for KB's remains entombed in the melted plastic tote.

Of course, it's also possible that LE found more at the burn site than has been made public.

Just a thought, as twisted as this whole case is, nothing would surprise me at this point.

The whole thing screams overkill.

What if PF carried out the murder and then KK fired the gun at the corpse per PF’s request (or her own idea) so they were tied to it together should any physical evidence be recovered or should she decide to talk?
Or worse. KB was still clinging to life when they got her from the hay pile, they freaked out and one or the other of them shot her. Hence the missing bullet.
MOO

I'm not sure.....after all, she made a huge move to be near him. I think (at first) he made her feel very loved and wanted.
I'm wondering if the re-meeting of KKL and the apparent strong chemistry is what made him change his mind about wanting KB. But....she had his child. Between the two of them, PF and KKL.....KB needed to go..... then PF and KKL would raise his child together. imo

I don't think PF wanted KKL in his life as a partner.

She was just a useful submittant to him to use for his purpose. I'm sure they had some sort of Dominant/Sub sexual chemistry that he was manipulating to use her for removing KB.

She may have thought this was going to bring her a relationship and a life with him, but that was a huge and desperate mistake on her part.

bbm

What does she think now, I would like to know, as KKL is digging the grave for her son?

I could be wrong, but I suspect that in the end, SF will think of PF as being a sweet, good 'ol boy whose only fault was being led astray by two bad women. He was just fine before they came along.

As far as I know, we still have no idea if SF knew KK and PF were seeing each other as more than business partners. We don't know if she knew KK at all, other than as one of many people her son knew from rodeos.

I believe I missed it but how do we know for certain that KK was not in Colorado on November 22? Is this true fact or is this from testimony? Testimony doesn’t prove a thing when it comes from the lying mouth of a psychopath.

I believe it’s fact that we don’t know all the details yet.

I also believe LE/fbi knows exactly where she was at on that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member