Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that this case has been pushed aside now. It seemed they've just lost interest in this case. I'm thinking that the guys she was seen with know something. They have to, they're the last people she was seen with. But I don't feel the police pushed enough to get the information. That's just my opinion. I'm just saddened for her children and family. I know they're missing her and not knowing what's happened to her has got to be the worst feeling in the world....

I feel that this case has been pushed aside now. It seemed they've just lost interest in this case. I'm thinking that the guys she was seen with know something. They have to, they're the last people she was seen with. But I don't feel the police pushed enough to get the information. That's just my opinion. I'm just saddened for her children and family. I know they're missing her and not knowing what's happened to her has got to be the worst feeling in the world....
I agree. My guess is that LE believes the 3 guys are involved but they don’t have enough evidence to prove it. If LE didn’t think the guys from the bar were involved, then wouldn’t they be pushing this case out in front and trying to get information out to and from the public? I would hope so!
Being that there was so much time to dispose of the body, I don’t think she will ever be found which then tells me that no one will be prosecuted.

I worked as a LEO way back when... My best friends were homicide investigators, and we had many interesting discussions over breakfast or dinner about various murders and missing people. let me tell you that these guys do not get 'bored' - it's difficult to conduct these very, very high-level investigations; every single thing has to be done correctly, otherwise the case could be thrown out when suspects get prosecuted. There is NOTHING that is easy in these cases; a missing person with no body, and no one is talking? OMG, that's quite a wall to get over... And believe me, these officers KNOW how to elicit information for witnesses, etc - but with no one to talk to, where would you go from there? Multiple searches based on the information they have failed to find Savannah - so the detectives will keep monitoring, digging, pushing, etc for information. Also remember they will not share details with the public that could be used as evidence against the suspect!

I worked as a LEO way back when... My best friends were homicide investigators, and we had many interesting discussions over breakfast or dinner about various murders and missing people. let me tell you that these guys do not get 'bored' - it's difficult to conduct these very, very high-level investigations; every single thing has to be done correctly, otherwise the case could be thrown out when suspects get prosecuted. There is NOTHING that is easy in these cases; a missing person with no body, and no one is talking? OMG, that's quite a wall to get over... And believe me, these officers KNOW how to elicit information for witnesses, etc - but with no one to talk to, where would you go from there? Multiple searches based on the information they have failed to find Savannah - so the detectives will keep monitoring, digging, pushing, etc for information. Also remember they will not share details with the public that could be used as evidence against the suspect!
Well-Said......

Here's an article floating around today. People were asking why someone would not call 911 when a person overdosed and died. In KY they've been cracking down hard on dealers. These days, if you give someone a substance and they die you could very well be facing manslaughter or more. While I think this is a step in the right direction, I also think it means that more people will start "disappearing."Note: I don't think this man had anything to do with SS's disappearance. This DID take place in Danville, the next town over, though and might give you an idea of what KY is doing right now.

Convicted Danville drug trafficker sentenced after 3 die from overdoses

The U.S. Department of Justice announced Carl Wayne Bartleson Jr., 46, was sentenced to 27 years in prison after being convicted of conspiring to distribute heroin and fentanyl along with four counts of distributing those drugs.

Here's an article floating around today. People were asking why someone would not call 911 when a person overdosed and died. In KY they've been cracking down hard on dealers. These days, if you give someone a substance and they die you could very well be facing manslaughter or more. While I think this is a step in the right direction, I also think it means that more people will start "disappearing."Note: I don't think this man had anything to do with SS's disappearance. This DID take place in Danville, the next town over, though and might give you an idea of what KY is doing right now.

Convicted Danville drug trafficker sentenced after 3 die from overdoses
Does this only apply to dealers not people sharing drugs?

Does this only apply to dealers not people sharing drugs?

"Dealers" is a loose term that has been used to encompass anyone who exchanges illegal substances for a benefit of some kind from the user. It doesn't have to be a monetary exchange.

Note: This information was just in regards for those who earlier wondered why someone wouldn't just call the police in the case of an accidental death (including, but not limited to, overdose). This isn't meant to imply that SS did anything illegal. Accident or not, if 911 isn't called during an emergency then it's probably safe to say that the non-affected person has something to hide. IMO

Well-Said......
I do think that someone made a good point a while back...that maybe not all three were involved. They were saying that it is rare to have three people who are all keeping quiet and protecting each other. You would expect one to break or inform on another, etc. Although, if only one was involved, then the other two would certainly tell LE that the "one" was the last to be with her. I guess I am contradicting myself...but you would just suspect that someone possibly peripherally involved would turn against one of the others to save himself. I guess I'm not sure which scenario is more likely...

I do think that someone made a good point a while back...that maybe not all three were involved. They were saying that it is rare to have three people who are all keeping quiet and protecting each other. You would expect one to break or inform on another, etc. Although, if only one was involved, then the other two would certainly tell LE that the "one" was the last to be with her. I guess I am contradicting myself...but you would just suspect that someone possibly peripherally involved would turn against one of the others to save himself. I guess I'm not sure which scenario is more likely...

I think only one of them was involved. If all three were, I feel like someone would've cracked by now.It's possible that the other two DID tell LE everything they know and have turned against the third. It may be circumstantial enough, though, that there hasn't been an arrest.

It seems far-fetched that there hasn't been an arrest but it's happened before. 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing disappeared in Madison County from a friend's house after a party. LE knows she was at the guy's house, knows he's the last one who probably saw her, and while she was there she even texted friends and family to come and get her claiming "I'm scared." The last person to see her claimed that he left the house for an hour and that he last saw her "sitting on the couch." The same couch that, later that morning, went up into literal flames and was completely destroyed.

Our LE aren't inept, but sometimes it's difficult to understand their decisions. Of course, in other cases that we thought were going cold, an arrest has come out of the blue and we've learned that they were watching and following the perp for months, trying to collect their evidence. So there's that.

I think only one of them was involved. If all three were, I feel like someone would've cracked by now.It's possible that the other two DID tell LE everything they know and have turned against the third. It may be circumstantial enough, though, that there hasn't been an arrest.

It seems far-fetched that there hasn't been an arrest but it's happened before. 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing disappeared in Madison County from a friend's house after a party. LE knows she was at the guy's house, knows he's the last one who probably saw her, and while she was there she even texted friends and family to come and get her claiming "I'm scared." The last person to see her claimed that he left the house for an hour and that he last saw her "sitting on the couch." The same couch that, later that morning, went up into literal flames and was completely destroyed.

Our LE aren't inept, but sometimes it's difficult to understand their decisions. Of course, in other cases that we thought were going cold, an arrest has come out of the blue and we've learned that they were watching and following the perp for months, trying to collect their evidence. So there's that.
Agreed! I do think they have some evidence and are trying to get enough for an arrest. I'm following a case in the UK, where they have similar "evidence" implicating a man who is suspected of abducting a missing woman. They were able to hold him for 96 hours under suspicion of "abduction in the connection with the disappearance" of this young woman. In the US, we are able to hold someone for questioning (for 48 hours I think), pending a possible arrest. I am just wondering if that happened with one or more of the three men but we aren't aware of it. Clearly, they didn't have enough to arrest... I just wonder what type of evidence would be needed to even hold someone for questioning. It seems like they have enough in this case, knowing they (or at least one of them) were the last to see SS. SpanishMossAntiques...wondering if you could shed some light on this in terms of whether what is needed to hold someone. In the UK, it was highly publicized when someone was held for questioning, although they held back any further details to protect the investigation. Do we really think the press here would be discrete if they knew someone was being held? Sorry for my long-winded, possibly circular logic!

I've came up with a new theory. We know Savannah has four children and she's not married. Could any of the ex's be involved and is there a motive for possibly getting rid of Savannah or kidnapping her? I realize nothing like this has been reported by the media in this case but was looking for motive. Thinking this is something we can't discuss.

I've came up with a new theory. We know Savannah has four children and she's not married. Could any of the ex's be involved and is there a motive for possibly getting rid of Savannah or kidnapping her? I realize nothing like this has been reported by the media in this case but was looking for motive. Thinking this is something we can't discuss.

It's not something we can discuss on here, but it's an idea that has been floating around. There for a while I was wondering if maybe SS called someone to come and get her that morning in Garrard County and THAT person did something to her. But if she made a call then LE should have that on record.

It's not something we can discuss on here, but it's an idea that has been floating around. There for a while I was wondering if maybe SS called someone to come and get her that morning in Garrard County and THAT person did something to her. But if she made a call then LE should have that on record.

I was thinking of a custody battle, kind of like the recent case in Colorado where the Father hired someone or else he killed his fiancee. They've arrested him but I haven't followed the case that closely. It's been on the news a lot. Was supposedly over custody of the small child they had together. They found her cell phone States away.

They wouldn't necessarily have released that information if they did find it.

Savannah's case is scarily like Jassy Correia's in Boston this week:

Found Deceased - MA - Jassy Correia, 23, last seen at club Venu, phone shut off, Boston, Suffolk Co., 24 Feb 2019

They found him in Delaware with her body in his trunk :eek: In case you aren't familiar with the US east coast, Delaware is nowhere near Boston--about 8 or 9 hours away. If the person who harmed Savannah took her out of the area, she could be anywhere.

Last edited:
All three may have been "involved" to a point; then one did the assault, murder and dumping...of which the other two did not know the details...

Wouldn't be surprised if they found her washed up from the Ohio....way above flood stage in and upriver from Louisville.....River Road has been closed down in parts....all kinds of trees, logs..etc washed up.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member