Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask - out of curiosity - no contradiction or disrespect :) Do you feel similarities because you think one of the fathers of SS's children might have been involved? Or is it something else about the case? Again, this post is not meant to be disparaging to anyone here on the thread or to SS's family, children's fathers, etc.

The Fact that the girls just " disappeared " and nothing has been found . For Example , JMO in Danielle Sleeper's case , I am pretty sure 100 % that the husband did something to Danielle but he claimed she just left , Even Though she would be leaving behind her 3 kids . I doubt very seriously she would just walk away from her kids . She was also going through court with the husband and was about to leave him . And with Savannah's case it might not have been her " husband " that said she just walked away but the guys claimed she did . And I doubt she would just walk away from her kids as well .

I know I am rambling on lol , guess my point is I know they both didn't just walk from their kids . I know something bad happened to them and I hope they at least find savannah's body and the truth . I wish the same for Danielle sleeper's family , even though in her case its been 4 years and the husband wasn't even charged . One day I know the truth will come out and hope he goes to prison .

The Fact that the girls just " disappeared " and nothing has been found . For Example , JMO in Danielle Sleeper's case , I am pretty sure 100 % that the husband did something to Danielle but he claimed she just left , Even Though she would be leaving behind her 3 kids . I doubt very seriously she would just walk away from her kids . She was also going through court with the husband and was about to leave him . And with Savannah's case it might not have been her " husband " that said she just walked away but the guys claimed she did . And I doubt she would just walk away from her kids as well .

I know I am rambling on lol , guess my point is I know they both didn't just walk from their kids . I know something bad happened to them and I hope they at least find savannah's body and the truth . I wish the same for Danielle sleeper's family , even though in her case its been 4 years and the husband wasn't even charged . One day I know the truth will come out and hope he goes to prison .
thanks! and that is true...in a lot of cases. so many mothers would never walk away from their children and you see so many men/suspects suggesting that they did or would. Granted, my only "evidence" is from Dateline and 48 hours, but I agree completely. And with SS, it is even more preposterous that she would walk out in such a random and rural area - unless she were truly running for her life...so, absolutely NOT what the men said.

Long time lurker, first time posting:

I wanted to address the idea of law enforcement "losing interest" in this case. My uncle was an investigator for many years in my county. He's had cases grow cold, but trust me, the guy never lost interest in any situation he was investigating. In fact, it seemed like those cases only drove him further to find out what happened. He didn't (and couldn't) ever discuss details really, but sometimes we'd go for a drive and he'd present me with a "scenario" and ask me what I thought. The guy never stopped thinking about the cases he was investigating.

The folks investigating the disappearance of SS have not and will not "lose interest" in this case until it's solved. That's a guarantee.

Losing interest never happens but they always have to make do with the resources and money thats available. (A good analogy is people raising money for the searches) Nothing is free in this country.

Unfortunately life keeps moving on and other bad things happen. They just dont have the resources and money available to focus on any one case for an extensive amount of time. This is reality.

Hi short time lurker viewing from glasgow scotland uk found the story
In MSN in uk my heart goes out to mum and dad and all the family I
Have been praying for a safe return
This is the start of lent and will be
Lighting a candle to the end of lent
Hopefully the family finds savannah
And find the preps

Long time lurker, first time posting:

I wanted to address the idea of law enforcement "losing interest" in this case. My uncle was an investigator for many years in my county. He's had cases grow cold, but trust me, the guy never lost interest in any situation he was investigating. In fact, it seemed like those cases only drove him further to find out what happened. He didn't (and couldn't) ever discuss details really, but sometimes we'd go for a drive and he'd present me with a "scenario" and ask me what I thought. The guy never stopped thinking about the cases he was investigating.

The folks investigating the disappearance of SS have not and will not "lose interest" in this case until it's solved. That's a guarantee.
I think it is not "losing interest" that is the problem. Investigators keep up the work and interest. Leads dry up. Gut feelings without evidence are road blocks. I think there is a patience being played out by investigators. I bet they know who to watch and they know time will cause them to make a mistake. I could be totally wrong but I expected more info given to the public by now. The lack of that means they aren't seeking a lot of input from the public. They have reached out to the public for two things only as far as I have seen. #1 Identify the men she left with #2 Locate her phone and purse. #1 was resolved quickly. #2 is part of the physical evidence they still need.

How far away is that from where she went missing? Not familiar with US geography! Hope she’ll be found....

Google tells me that it’s 186 miles. So—could be, but probably not.

If she was killed/disposed of by any of the bar crew, they had days to dispose of her. Maybe this will be her. For her family’s sake...

At the risk of being morbid, and realizing they may be subjective terms, at what point does a "body" become "human remains" this time of year around Kentucky? When I hear that a body was found, I think of a basically still recognizable human, as opposed to just decomposed remains, which I fear SS may be after this time. Perhaps in the cold winter, decomposition would be slowed considerably. Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area will chime in.

Last edited:
At the risk of being morbid, and realizing they may be subjective terms, at what point does a "body" become "human remains" this time of year around Kentucky? When I hear that a body was found, I think of a basically still recognizable human, as opposed to just decomposed remains, which I fear SS may be after this time. Perhaps in the cold winter, decomposition would be slowed considerably. Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area will chime in.
The environment in which a dead body is placed also affects its rate of decay. For instance, bodies in water decompose twice as fast as those left unburied on land. Decomposition is slowest underground -- especially in clay or other solid substances that prevent air from reaching the body since most bacteria require oxygen to survive.
How Body Farms Work

The article has been updated. "Patton said investigators do know the identity of the victim but the information is not being released."

and "According to spokesperson Tom Patton, KPD patrol officers were called to an apartment on Bloomingdale Pike on the morning of March 4.

A 29-year-old white female was found dead at the apartment. "

So not Savannah.

I think it is not "losing interest" that is the problem. Investigators keep up the work and interest. Leads dry up. Gut feelings without evidence are road blocks. I think there is a patience being played out by investigators. I bet they know who to watch and they know time will cause them to make a mistake. I could be totally wrong but I expected more info given to the public by now. The lack of that means they aren't seeking a lot of input from the public. They have reached out to the public for two things only as far as I have seen. #1 Identify the men she left with #2 Locate her phone and purse. #1 was resolved quickly. #2 is part of the physical evidence they still need.

Agreed. I think they have a pretty good idea about what happened. I think they’re at that point where they’re desperate to find her body though.

Losing interest never happens but they always have to make do with the resources and money thats available. (A good analogy is people raising money for the searches) Nothing is free in this country.

Unfortunately life keeps moving on and other bad things happen. They just dont have the resources and money available to focus on any one case for an extensive amount of time. This is reality.

Fortunately, Richmond PD has a fairly large budget, and more manpower than a lot of other counties and cities in the state. If they aren’t able to find her, they’ll probably do what’s being done in Crystal Rogers case. They assigned one detective on it and he continually works the case and follows leads. If not Richmond PD, then there’s a good chance they’ll assign it to KSP, that’s what they’ve done in Crystal Roger’s father’s death investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle