Ireland Ireland - Jon Jonsson, 41 (visitor from Iceland), Whitehall, Dublin, 9 Feb 2019

Weird this is very close to where I live, really weird that he wasn’t picked up on more cctv, he had to have got into a car, possibly a taxi. In Dublin we don’t have Uber and it’s normal to go out onto a busy road and hail one there. By the way this is a very suburban area, mostly families, little crime. Very odd

Weird this is very close to where I live, really weird that he wasn’t picked up on more cctv, he had to have got into a car, possibly a taxi. In Dublin we don’t have Uber and it’s normal to go out onto a busy road and hail one there. By the way this is a very suburban area, mostly families, little crime. Very odd

sundaaay we have 'my taxi' in Dublin - however if he had no phone with him that rules that out.

Think you are right that it could all be connected to gambling - Was it all too much and he headed to the Liffey or Howth head ? or was there criminal's involved.

Don't forget the hotel was once called the Regency Hotel and the last time I read about an event in there it didn't end too well.

I haven't seen any new news regarding searches or appeals.

Surely there must be more CCTV

I was in the city during the week and I didn't see any posters

I wish there was more updates and we could do something - I'd go out and search myself but where would you start ?

The cliff walk in Howth can be a suicide spot, but it’s also quite a busy area because it’s so scenic. He would probably need google maps on his phone to find the cliff walk because this was his first time in Dublin.

The Liffey near the city center is very busy and would be hard to jump in without anyone seeing.

Another possibility is swimming out to sea in Bull Island, but again it’s unlikely people wouldn’t see you doing it.

There are now a lot of posters in the city center and his family are over trying to locate him!

The cliff walk in Howth can be a suicide spot, but it’s also quite a busy area because it’s so scenic. He would probably need google maps on his phone to find the cliff walk because this was his first time in Dublin.

The Liffey near the city center is very busy and would be hard to jump in without anyone seeing.

Another possibility is swimming out to sea in Bull Island, but again it’s unlikely people wouldn’t see you doing it.

There are now a lot of posters in the city center and his family are over trying to locate him!

Sorry sundaaay was jsut trying to give examples of where suicidal people may go when things get too much - maybe he jumped on a bus to somewhere else in the country - thought he may be lying low to gather his thoughts. That said, with all his family over here to find him and pleading for him to come home, I doubt he would still be lying low.

Have you any idea where the family are searching ?

I’m not sure where th family are searching but I can imagine it’s around the green spaces around the area he went missing!

Gardaí in Ballymun wish to renew their appeal to the public for assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 41-year-old Jon Jonsson.

Jon, who is from Iceland, was last seen in Whitehall at approximately 11am on Saturday 9th February. He is described as being 6 foot tall, of medium build, with short brown hair. When last seen he was wearing a black padded jacket.

Despite ongoing searches he has yet to be located. Family members are anxious to make contact with him and are concerned for his wellbeing.

Anyone who has seen Jon or who can assist in locating him is asked to contact Ballymun Garda Station on 01 6664400, The Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.

Your right to speculate, this is a complete mystery!

There is a bus stop on that road and he could have jumped on one but he apparently didn’t bring his wallet, so how would he know where do go, without wandering around aimlessly

Total mystery - We have nothing much to go on apart from CCTV outside the hotel and discarded cigarette pack which may or may not be his found in Dumcondra.

I understand that Dublin bus have been through their CCTV

Where do we go next - the Guardi and family are giving nothing away - so I hope they have nothing to tell the public

I'd def help with a search if I knew what area to concentrate on

I may give family a message on their missing facebook page

Makes me so angry there is no leads and no new CCTV

Surely if he keep walking up the road in either direction, he would pass cctv on shopfronts or dashcam footage. Makes me think he got into a taxi and asked to go somewhere else, but no taxi man has come forward and they would probably remember him as he’s quite distinctive and from Iceland which is unusual

Does anyone think it’s a possibility that he owed people a lot of money from gambling and so has faked his disappearance? Possibly by getting a train to rural Ireland

If the empty cigarette pack belonged to JJ, thinking he would likely go to buy another pack of smokes. Then another. Maybe someone in a convenience store might remember him. speculation.

CCTV footage shows last movements of missing Jon Jonsson before he vanished
"Following the search, Jon's brother Daniel said he may have found a clue that could help find the missing dad-of-four.

He said: "We have found a cigarette butt that we believe is from him. But, we can't be sure.

"We then found the cigarette pack that we believe is his. At least it's the same type that he smokes."

rbbm.
"Although his brother had lost the poker game at the hotel on the previous night, David said that he was ‘in good spirits’ and was ‘not down’ when he retired to his room from the poker area at 5am after playing for around eight hours.

David, who left his property management firm in Reykjavík to find his brother in Ireland, described Jon as ‘an amateur poker player’."

"He said the family are baffled by the mysterious disappearance of the much loved partner, father and step father, who had shown no signs of anything unusual prior to going missing."

Heartbroken Mother Of Missing Tourist Jon Jonsson Makes Moving Appeal

Hanna Bjork Thrastardottir is constantly thinking of where her eldest son could be in Ireland.

Jon Jonsson was last seen four weeks ago after he left a Dublin hotel, where the 41-year-old Icelandic tourist was staying with his partner for a poker tournament.

The family still have no idea as to where the missing taxi man may have gone despite a massive media campaign in Ireland and in his home country.

Missing tourist Jon Jonsson was last seen on February 9. Pic: An Garda Siochana
Making a direct appeal to the public to help find her son, the mother-of-five said that she is not leaving Ireland without Jon, who she described as a ‘loving and caring father’.

387598.png

00:00

00:00
‘It’s the hardest thing that I’ve ever been through in my life,’ she said.

‘I can never imagine anything worse than not knowing where your child is.’

The heartbroken mother of missing tourist Jon Jonsson is in Ireland to help find her son. Pic: Virgin Media News
Still trawling through CCTV footage and new information provided by the public, Gardai have yet to confirm any sighting of the tourist since February 9.

The taxi driver was in Ireland with his partner Jana Guðjónsdóttir to play at a 10-day poker tournament at the Bonnington Hotel, formally The Regency Hotel, in Dublin.

Jon left the same hotel at 11.05am and was caught on CCTV at McGettigan’s bar two minutes later, exiting onto the Swords Road heading northbound past Highfield Hospital.

Missing tourist Jon Jonsson is a devoted dad and stepfather, his mother said. Pic:
The couple, who have been together more than three years, had planned to tour around Ireland and visit castles before the Dublin Poker festival tournament began on February 10.

Speaking to Virgin Media News, Ms Thrastardottir expressed her disbelief at his inexplicable absense for almost a month, saying: ‘I don’t know…he just disappeared.

‘It can’t be true, as it was so out of his character.’

The mother of missing tourist Jon Jonsson said the disappearance is totally out of character. Pic: Virgin Media News
An extensive search has been carried out in the area that he was last seen, and the civil defence has been tasked this week to help find Jon along with air support and dog units.

Asked if she thought something had happened to her son, Jon’s mother said that they have ruled out nothing at this stage, and remain hopeful of finding him and bringing him home.

‘We have to find him, and take it from there.’

CCTV image of Jon on the morning he disappeared. Pic: An Garda Siochana
Making a direct appeal to anyone with information to come forward, she said: ‘If they have seen him, or talk to him, or maybe know where he might be now, it’s never too late.

The heartbroken mother told the public that it’s never too late to come forward with information that could help them find her son. Pic: Virgin Media News
‘It’s never too late and don’t be afraid…and please, I ask you as a mother.’

The family are baffled by the mysterious disappearance of the much loved partner, father and step father, who had shown no signs of anything unusual prior to going missing.

Read the full timeline of Jon’s disappearanceHERE.

hqdefault.jpg

Anyone with information is asked to contact Ballymun Garda Station on 01 6664400, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111,

Interesting that his brother said Jon "left the hotel room with a large sum of cash on him that morning but nothing else"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back