Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Boxing Day Ella Street charge was dropped as there was no masturbation talked of and no trespass. Whilst I don’t doubt it was a distressing experience for the victims, sentencing guidelines for indecent exposure and voyeurism, increased harm is interpreted to have occurred where the offender masturbated/the victim was recorded/preparatory offences took place in order to commit the sexual offence(eg trespass)/the offence took place within the victims home.

I am sure the Ella Street victims could ID the offender via photos/video ID but Wellesley is more likely to push into a Category 2 offence where a custodial sentence is an option. I believe the other charges could also qualify as Cat 2. Ella St would be a cat 1 IMO and therefore only attract a community order if proven.

See page 129 onwards of
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.u...ffences_Definitive_Guideline_content_web1.pdf
The Wellesley one involved masturbation didn't it?

Would adding category 1 crimes to the same charge sheet be useful in getting a conviction for the category 2 ones and ensuring the judge would be more inclined towards the upper sentence allowed?

Also could things he hasn't been charged with then be used in the Libby case to illustrate intent? Or as part of a range of charges? After this group of charges have been served together?

Hello, another new member that's been lurking a while!
IMO LS is either in water, being held somewhere or was driven to another destination. Sorry for sounding obvious. Are the police able to retrospectively get number plate pings from vehicles? Or does the number plate need to be 'in the system' - so to speak - to flag up?

Also I'm sure the money from selling stolen goods would cover unofficial taxi driver earnings - to explain to his wife.

I believe the screams COULD be a red herring

What are the chances PR is a complete fantasist and she was never in his car? He made it all up. Therefore no forensics.

I can't help but cling to some hope that she's still alive.

Great website!

IMO LS is either in water, being held somewhere or was driven to another destination. Sorry for sounding obvious. Are the police able to retrospectively get number plate pings from vehicles? Or does the number plate need to be 'in the system' - so to speak - to flag up?

Also I'm sure the money from selling stolen goods would cover unofficial taxi driver earnings - to explain to his wife.

What are the chances PR is a complete fantasist and she was never in his car? He made it all up. Therefore no forensics.

Great website!
I don't think there is a particularly buoyant easily accessible market for fencing second hand sex toys.

It is a guess but would assume that part of the evidence they have against PR are the actual items that were stolen. So no money made.

Why is everyone so obsessed with him being an unofficial taxi driver?

There is absolutely no evidence that he was one.

People other than taxi drivers can offer someone a lift.

I don't think there is a particularly buoyant easily accessible market for fencing second hand sex toys.

It is a guess but would assume that part of the evidence they have against PR are the actual items that were stolen. So no money made.

Why is everyone so obsessed with him being an unofficial taxi driver?

There is absolutely no evidence that he was one.

People other than taxi drivers can offer someone a lift.
I think it's because

A) the gutter press put it to his family early on. They asked them were they aware of him operating as a taxi.

B) even drunk I can see a young student being nervous about accepting a lift from a stranger. But someone claiming to be a taxi driver might put her at ease. Tho they are told to only use licensed ones

I think it's because

A) the gutter press put it to his family early on. They asked them were they aware of him operating as a taxi.

B) even drunk I can see a young student being nervous about accepting a lift from a stranger. But someone claiming to be a taxi driver might put her at ease. Tho they are told to only use licensed ones
Unless his vehicle has a big TAXI sign on it I doubt it would put anyone at ease, young, drunk or not.

The Wellesley one involved masturbation didn't it?

Would adding category 1 crimes to the same charge sheet be useful in getting a conviction for the category 2 ones and ensuring the judge would be more inclined towards the upper sentence allowed?

Also could things he hasn't been charged with then be used in the Libby case to illustrate intent? Or as part of a range of charges? After this group of charges have been served together?
This is a really good question...if they would be able to use his pattern (of escalation). If it were in the US, I know that it would be a close call and would possibly require a separate hearing to determine whether the information could be admitted for trial. And could go easily either way. And I know I have brought this up before, but could the fact that burglary is included in the charges make it more likely that he could still be remanded? I certainly view this as escalation and the potential for more bold and serious crimes - he has taken public actions to actual invasion. I know people have said it could still be viewed as relatively minor, but I hope this charge helps them argue for remand.

So, more of a big picture question, but other than the search for the "body" in the water last week (which wasn't officially linked to any one possible person), it seems like it has been quite a while since there have been any searches actually related to Libby. This is frustrating and sad.

So, more of a big picture question, but other than the search for the "body" in the water last week (which wasn't officially linked to any one possible person), it seems like it has been quite a while since there have been any searches actually related to Libby. This is frustrating and sad.

We don't know what searches are going on, it might just not be getting reported.

Also she could be anywhere, without an idea where to look it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I expect some random dog walker or something will be the one that finds her.

Very sad but that's what usually happens in these types of cases.

Unless your Claudia Lawrence and nobody finds you.

We don't know what searches are going on, it might just not be getting reported.

Also she could be anywhere, without an idea where to look it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I expect some random dog walker or something will be the one that finds her.

Very sad but that's what usually happens in these types of cases.

Unless your Claudia Lawrence and nobody finds you.
Yes, I just grow sad when these cases seem to wind down. I am following one in the US and there is only 1-2 posts a day on her thread and no more searches. As I think I said in another thread, I can only hope that LE has something on March 11th or that PR's hearing at least revives interest and attention to the case.

sexually motivated burglaries. Escalation in flashing. Leaving used condoms.

So many points where this tragedy could have been averted. Having her key. Someone going with her. Student witnesses Letting her wait in their house. Letting grey beard help or going to hang out in the library where it's warm and well lit rather than a bench.

But I'll add one more - warning all the students about a dodgy flasher very active in the area with a FULL DESCRIPTION. Young and stocky possibly glasses. In my opinion trusting him because of his age, rather than grey beard, was a key factor in this. If only they'd all been warned!!! They weren't.
Absolutely 100% agree!

Absolutely 100% agree!

See I kind of disagree (but respect others opinions).

You can't predict this kind of thing.

Her friends were not to know, the students on her street were not to know, the taxi driver was not to know, grey beard was not to know and most importantly Libby was not to know!

What's point saying beware of a stocky guy with glasses flashing his penis?? When there might be a tall, lanky,bald guy likely to do same??

Everyone should be aware and plan their safety unfortunately things like this will happen and they only person to blame is the person that comitted whatever crime has happened.

If it had not been Libby then chances are it would have been someone else.

I feel terribly for her and her family but there are sex offenders all over no point just warning against one!

Be aware all the time of your safety and your awareness of your surroundings.

Not victim blaming by the way she should have been able to go anywhere in any state without harm coming to her but that is not the world we live in

There's definitely less of a conspicuous police presence locally now, but I've got faith that intelligence officers are working hard behind the scenes. It's obviously a complex and delicate case.

Absolutely don't doubt it for a second.

They won't give up till there are no leads left to follow and every possible avenue exhausted.

Great website!

Her friends were not to know, the students on her street were not to know, the taxi driver was not to know, grey beard was not to know and most importantly Libby was not to know!

What's point saying beware of a stocky guy with glasses flashing his penis?? When there might be a tall, lanky,bald guy likely to do same??

Everyone should be aware and plan their safety unfortunately things like this will happen and they only person to blame is the person that comitted whatever crime has happened.

I feel terribly for her and her family but there are sex offenders all over no point just warning against one!

Not victim blaming by the way she should have been able to go anywhere in any state without harm coming to her but that is not the world we live in
I agree nobody was to know what was going to happen and ONLY the person that did it was too blame.

Yes we should, sadly, be in our guard

But the fact is a young, stocky sex offender had been wandering around. The police had information about sexually motivated crimes. If there had been clear warnings to that effect Libby might have run or shouted or stayed on the main road when a young, stocky 'good Samaritan' came to see her.

Yes we should always be aware of potential risks BUT when there appear to be definite, known risks we should be warned to be extra vigilant

I agree Joolz.

To add to this, my understanding is that the University have a police officer assigned to them that does regular workshops regarding safety for students. A pay later taxi ride scheme facility is also in place to students to assist them to have the opportunity to get to their door safely. Unfortunately, as we have been told, Libby did not enter her home sadly.

I agree nobody was to know what was going to happen and ONLY the person that did it was too blame.

Yes we should, sadly, be in our guard

But the fact is a young, stocky sex offender had been wandering around. The police had information about sexually motivated crimes. If there had been clear warnings to that effect Libby might have run or shouted or stayed on the main road when a young, stocky 'good Samaritan' came to see her.

Yes we should always be aware of potential risks BUT when there appear to be definite, known risks we should be warned to be extra vigilant

She lived on the same road as where an attack had took place not many days earlier....I think she would probably have been aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear