Roseanne Barr attacks #MeToo movement: 'I know hoes when I see them', 3 Mar 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Roseanne Barr goes off the rails and calls #MeToo founders 'hoes' | Daily Mail Online

Roseanne Barr has launched a verbal attack on the #MeToo movement.

Barr, who was fired from ABC's Roseanne for a racist tweet in May 2018, sat down with far-right commentator, Candace Owens, for an interview published on Sunday.

upload_2019-3-4_4-59-49.jpeg

'They were there in the room because they thought they were going to get a job 15 years ago. Cuz they're hoes,' Barr told Owens as they discussed their views on the #MeToo movement.

Barr said some of the women who were in men's hotel rooms at 3am are 'pretending that they didn't go to trade sexual favors for money'.

She continued mocking the victims of the movement by saying they stayed around in the hotel rooms because they thought they were going to get a job.

'Well you ain't nothing but a hoe. I know a hoe when I see one,' Barr added.

[...]

Roseanne Barr Gives Wild Interview, Slams #MeToo Accusers As ‘Hos,’ Defends Tweet That Got Her Fired From ‘Roseanne’

I can't stand when people victim bash in rape cases. The whole 'was she asking for it' thing. Assault isn't black and white and isn't always a violent attack by a stranger like it's majorly portrayed. In fact you can get assaulted by a boyfriend or spouse. Would that person be considered what Roseanne is suggesting? No of course! A lot of the time too it's someone you trusted or thought you could trust. And other times it isn't immediately considered assault in your mind until later. Like it's just this bad feeling that there is something that doesn't feel quite right about it. It could even be denial. In the moment it happens sometimes your body defies you by freezing up. And other times it's an issue of consent. If you don't say flat out 'NO!' the guy assumes your consenting. Also if you have had consensual sex with that person on another occasion you'll fear no one will believe you or feel shameful about it, period. The situation sucks and it's disgusting that a celebrity is downsizing the issue by calling these victims a derogatory name and saying they put themselves there. Sexual coercion IS sexual assault. Intent also plays a factor into it. There is a grey area and that's why a lot of victims never come forward.

I am not familiar with the Candace Owen show (fill me in if you know her/her show), but I noticed in the link it was posted by PragerU, which I also am unfamiliar with. In the FAQ section on the PragerU website, I found this:

Does PragerU have an ideology?
Every person and every organization has a value system and a set of beliefs. PragerU is no different. We believe in the principles that have made America great. We believe in economic and religious freedom, a strong military that protects our allies, and in the religious values that inform Western civilization, also known as Judeo-Christian values.
Frequently Asked Questions

Seems like the Rosanne interview blasting #metoo is a distraction from other news going on, but that's just my opinion.

jmo

edited for clarity

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the Candace Owen show (fill me in if you know her/her show), but I noticed in the link it was posted by PragerU, which I also am unfamiliar with. In the FAQ section on the PragerU website, I found this:

Does PragerU have an ideology?
Every person and every organization has a value system and a set of beliefs. PragerU is no different. We believe in the principles that have made America great. We believe in economic and religious freedom, a strong military that protects our allies, and in the religious values that inform Western civilization, also known as Judeo-Christian values.
Frequently Asked Questions

Seems like the Rosanne interview blasting #metoo is a distraction from other news going on, but that's just my opinion.

jmo

edited for clarity

So....there is more info on the web about PragerU than what I posted from its FAQ, should anyone be interested. I don't want to derail the discussion but rather remind us (or remind myself if no one else is interested) to question sources.

Carry on.

jmo

"I don't like it when women talk down other women because they're prostitutes"
From the same mouth who said, "I know a ho when I see one".

Roseanne Barr: I was a prostitute and I'm not ashamed of it

Why the double standard? If your sexually exploited by choice it's empowering, but if your raped you asked for it?

I'm not sure I believe that. Hasn't she made some false claims in the past about her family, growing up, husband, etc.? JMO, some of this comes from her mental illness. I don't know if the consciously makes things up or if she really believes it happened, but I kinda doubt she was turning tricks while getting her comedy career going. IIRC, back then she had a bunch of little kids and a husband who worked full time.

I used to love Roseanne but she has always struggled with mental illness and I have no doubt that her behavior over the last year is rooted in that. It's a shame because she has turned into exactly the kind of person she never wanted to be. I hope she finds mental health and stabilty, and I hope she stops making herself a public spectacle.

I used to love Roseanne but she has always struggled with mental illness and I have no doubt that her behavior over the last year is rooted in that. It's a shame because she has turned into exactly the kind of person she never wanted to be. I hope she finds mental health and stabilty, and I hope she stops making herself a public spectacle.
Agreed!

@Inthedetails I don’t understand questioning the source as it was a recorded interview with RB and not some statement made by them. There are other sources but I wanted to link the original interview.
@cybervampira, I didn't recognize Candace Owen's name who is the interviewer or PragerU who posted the video. I first looked up PragerU and then later looked up Candace Owen. Neither one is MSM, imo.

People can do their own research, but as WSer, I looked at the sources provided at the start of this thread and the trio of Candace Owen, PragerU, and Daily Mail stood out to me. Ymmv

I'm answering delicately because I don't want to derail the thread or make this political. But...sources matter, imo.

jmo

@cybervampira, I didn't recognize Candace Owen's name who is the interviewer or PragerU who posted the video. I first looked up PragerU and then later looked up Candace Owen. Neither one is MSM, imo.

People can do their own research, but as WSer, I looked at the sources provided at the start of this thread and the trio of Candace Owen, PragerU, and Daily Mail stood out to me. Ymmv

I'm answering delicately because I don't want to derail the thread or make this political. But...sources matter, imo.

jmo
I still don’t understand why it matters here. Daily Mail is an approved source and it references this video. I just added it so everyone can make up their mind about it and not rely on what the DM reported. Anyway, there are a bunch of other sources if you feel DM and a recorded video are both unreliable:

Roseanne Barr goes after #MeToo - CNN

Roseanne Barr says #MeToo accusers are ‘hos'

Anthony Anderson responds to Roseanne Barr's recent anti-#MeToo rant: 'Some people need help'

Roseanne Barr blasts women in #MeToo movement as 'hoes'

Roseanne calls #MeToo victims 'hoes' who were 'trading sex for money'

These are just a few. This interview made international news.

I still don’t understand why it matters here. Daily Mail is an approved source and it references this video. I just added it so everyone can make up their mind about it and not rely on what the DM reported. Anyway, there are a bunch of other sources if you feel DM and a recorded video are both unreliable:

Roseanne Barr goes after #MeToo - CNN

Roseanne Barr says #MeToo accusers are ‘hos'

Anthony Anderson responds to Roseanne Barr's recent anti-#MeToo rant: 'Some people need help'

Roseanne Barr blasts women in #MeToo movement as 'hoes'

Roseanne calls #MeToo victims 'hoes' who were 'trading sex for money'

These are just a few. This interview made international news.
I know DM is an approved source in WS (though I honestly don't think it should be. It is not an approved source on Wikipedia). The Daily Mail source isn't what caught my eye. As I mentioned, what stood out to me was PragerU because it was posted in the first post on the thread. Please don't fault me for noticing what is posted.

I never heard of PragerU or Candace Owen until today so I was curious and thought others might be too.

WSers can do their own research into PragerU and Candace Owen if they want....or not.

I'm backing out now as I can't discuss the content of the video objectively now that I am more familiar with PragerU and Candace Owen, and I would break TOS by not sticking to the topic.

jmo

edited to correct typos

Roseanne Barr calls Kamala Harris "Kama Sutra Harris" and says she "slept her way to the bottom"

Continuing the discussion of women's behavior, Barr added: “Look at Kamala Harris, who I call Kama Sutra Harris.

"We all know what she did…she slept her way to the bottom," Barr continues in an apparent reference to Harris's previous relationship with former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown.

“There was a time as a feminist where we don't do that, we have respect for ourselves and we stick together, but that all went to hell, too," Barr continued.

Sad. I've enjoyed watching the reruns of her show. I'll continue to watch; hoping and praying she gets help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a Missouri girl
Back