Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has really bothered me since I saw the missing post shared on Facebook. I live roughly 55 miles away from Collinsville (in northern Alabama) and have driven through that area numerous times throughout my life on our way to my grandmother’s hometown in Georgia- the same small town in which AB’s mother lives/grew up in. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’m at least distantly related because there is a shared last name among our families.

Anyway, there is only just over 40 miles between where this happened in Alabama and the city where the mom lives in Georgia. I think keeping that in mind helps with the perspective a bit rather than thinking in terms of being in different states and moving after the school year ended. We aren’t talking about far away at all...

Just to play Devil's Advocate, sdled...
I live in a small town and can leave, shop, return and unload for 4 kids in an hour.
So, in that scenario, 7pm where's child? A quick look and I'd call Mom immediately who likely jumped in the car pronto (I would!) it is an hour drive to Collinsville, Al from Cedartown, Ga so arrival as early as 8:15 assuming she wasn't already in Alabama at the time (which I don't think we have seen anywhere)
Agree. I don’t see an issue with the timeline.
Amberly Barnett, missing 11-year-old Alabama girl, found dead - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member