GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
A link to the full episode was posted a couple of pages back. I just finished listening and made the following notes:

Sandy said it felt like they were lying on their backs in the middle of the ocean and being pulled under.

Bella didn't see CW kill Shanann, but saw CW wrapping her in the sheet. CW told her that Mommy is sick and they need to take her to the hospital.

He smothered CeCe with her blanket at the oil site and was taking her up to the oil tank when Bella had gotten herself unbuckled in the truck and said, "Please Daddy, do not do to me what you did with CeCe."

Sandy wonders if Bella was thinking "where are Grandma and Grandpa?"

They played "Daddy is my hero." :(

Lawyer said that there were supposed to be other people at the oil site that morning and CW called them off. (We knew this.)

Dr. Phil asks if the mistress has been questioned further. Lawyer says his understanding is that she hasn't, but they're not that close with the investigation. He says it's the hope of Sandy and Frank that this tape finally puts to bed any speculation that CW found Bella and Celeste dead at the hands of Shanann, and that Shanann's memory can be put to rest as a loving mother and a caring wife.

Dr. Phil asks as painful as it is, if the Rzucek's are glad to hear this horrific confession. An attorney says, "I think it might take some time, really, for them to see it as a silver lining. Right now, I think it's mostly painful." He also says that he thinks it's helpful for them to have answers to questions that they would have asked themselves forever. They'll never understand the real question, "Why does somebody do this?"

They discuss the Rzucek's decision to not seek the DP.

Dr. Phil discusses CW's narcissism and his porch interviews. Says his story was falling apart from the minute he opened his mouth and CW is a malignant narcissist and those are the ones who slip under the radar and do their damage. "He's sick, he's demented, he's off the street where he should be."

Dr. Phil says let's talk about the fact that CW has made it clear that Shanann was a good and loving mother, had nothing to do with this, and let's honor her and let's honor those children.

Dr. Phil says, "Sandy has said, when this tape comes out, she's going to be devastated."

They talk about the toll this has taken on Sandy and Frank. Lambert says it has taken some time. They have processed it together. They found strength and comfort in each other throughout the process.

Dr. Phil says even though she has been briefed on what this tape says, Sandy says when it comes out, she's going to be devastated and wants some guidance from Dr. Phil how to handle it. He says he absolutely refuses to allow his platform to be used to sensationalize Chris Watts as opposed to honoring Shanann, Bella, Cece, and Niko, and respecting this family.

Lambert said that CW said once he got started, he couldn't stop. He suggests Dr. Phil talk to Sandy about that, as someone who knows how sick minds work.

They show a preview of the Rzucek's interview. Sandy says, "To hear my granddaughter beg for her life, yeah, it's pretty, pretty rough," and "Our daughter watched her husband kill her."

Frank Sr. says, "He took Celeste's Yankee blanket and smothered her, in front of Bella."

Frankie Jr. says, "I'm glad this is going to shut up all the people who are still saying Shanann did it."

A beautiful photo and video montage is played at the end to "In the Arms of the Angels." Heartbreaking. :(
Thank you, as always, PommyMommy! If anything was heartening to learn in that broadcast, it is that this horrific tragedy is not tearing the Rzuceks apart. I know in many families, such a loss can rip them at the seams. I fervently hope they can somehow manage to all live their lives without any more misery. I worry about Frankie. He had said he struggled with depression before this happened. I just cannot imagine what this is doing to him and his parents. I hope they know that people the world over are pulling for them.

Chris Watts Told Daughter 'Mommy's Sick' After She Saw Him Disposing of Wife's Dead Body
[...]

A pre-recorded interview with attorney Steven Lambert will appear on Tuesday’s episode of Dr. Phil. In a clip of the interview obtained by PEOPLE, he alleges that 4-year-old Bella walked in on her dad disposing of her mom’s body by wrapping it in a sheet.

“Bella walked in and asked, ‘What are you doing with Mommy?'” said Lambert.

According to Lambert, Watts told his daughter, “Mommy is sick, and we need to take her to the hospital to make her better.”

[...]

According to Lambert, the murder happened after an argument about the affair.

“In that fight, [Chris] essentially confessed to having an affair, that he wanted a divorce, that it was pretty much over between them,” Lambert told McGraw. “[Shanann] said something to the effect of, ‘Well, you’re not going to see the kids again.’ As a consequence of that conversation, he strangled her to death.”

I still can’t get over the fact that people believed that Shanann did this, when CW gave his BS confession.

After his guilty plea, a large number of people still believed it, saying that his confession was coerced, or he was protecting someone.

I do think this will go a long way towards silencing his supporters, of which there were many.

It’s horrific that Shanann’s family was victimized by CW’s actions, then victimized by the Watts family (bashing SW on television), and finally victimized again, by an ignorant and hateful public.

Hopefully this ends it.
I'm not religious, but Amen to that. Well said. Not that it should ever have mattered as everyone in the world is flawed in some ways, but SW was a very good person, so many friends attest to that, a loving and faithful wife, and she loved her children fiercely. It is a darker world without her and the girls (and future boy) she was raising to be confident and believe in themselves. Nobody in that family was a bad person except CW himself. People should be ashamed of themselves for thinking otherwise when the evidence and videos never supported their vile musings. MOO

I would love to hear what the investigators who interviewed him have to say about his "confession". That's all I have to say about the latest. Any way you cut it, Chris Watts is soulless, heartless, monster.
I would, too, but I suspect they cannot give interviews - at least right now - particularly given there is always a miniscule chance they would have to go back to re-interview him or someone else related to these crimes. But perhaps one day far down the road (years), they can. They have obviously done their jobs so well. I surely could not have dug deep inside myself and coddled the locations of the family from him nor this confession. They are stellar at their jobs and should be commended. MOO

I would love to hear what the investigators who interviewed him have to say about his "confession". That's all I have to say about the latest. Any way you cut it, Chris Watts is soulless, heartless, monster.
I think we are going to learn that they either believe it, or mostly believe it.

This is being handled as if it is true, with the Rzucek family allowing their legal representatives to go on television and tell the country about it.

They seem to believe what they were told by investigators, and they likely believe it because the investigators do.

We’ll have a better picture come Thursday, but that’s how I see it.

I am just throwing this out there- but does anyone think that maybe he is making the part up about the girls being alive on the drive? Maybe to hurt shanann’s family more? I mean he has been proven time and time again to be a liar....

Maybe it’s just me not being able to imagine the evil and horror.....

Edited for spelling
Yes, I absolutely think CW capable of lying that the girls were alive in the truck with him. I believe CW loved commanding the attention of the Investigators interviewing him for as many hours as possible.

The only thing I believe out of CW's mouth is that SW did not kill her children.

Yes, I absolutely think CW capable of lying that the girls were alive in the truck with him. I believe CW loved commanding the attention of the Investigators interviewing him for as many hours as possible.

The only thing I believe out of CW's mouth is that SW did not kill her children.

Agree 100%. He is probably still not telling the truth 100%. But at least he finally admitted openly that he did the crimes and not Shanann.
Who knows what he's thinking on telling what particular story and what lies, in terms of his reputation or protecting the mistress or whatever other reasons.... He's not the brightest bulb.

WTF?!

I'm stunned.

My heart BREAKS for the little girls. (I won't make this personal, but this brought back horrible and real fears I had as a child. When I say I'm stunned, I'm really, really stunned and shocked and horrified - as I know we all are.)

Does anyone have links to the porch interviews. I really want to see them again, knowing what we know now.

tia and jmo

WTF?!

I'm stunned.

My heart BREAKS for the little girls. (I won't make this personal, but this brought back horrible and real fears I had as a child. When I say I'm stunned, I'm really, really stunned and shocked and horrified - as I know we all are.)

Does anyone have links to the porch interviews. I really want to see them again, knowing what we know now.

tia and jmo
I wouldn't say we know anything now, except that he murdered Shanann and the children. This is a lying sociopath with no incentive to tell the truth ever.

His latest offering only serves in his head to try to remove suspicion that this was cold-bloodedly planned and executed.

He craves attention and he's getting it this way.

MOO

WTF?!

I'm stunned.

tia and jmo
Quoting my own post.

Googled it. Interview of the porch interview. We've all seen it, but I want to watch again....

This just popped in my head, someone may have mentioned it already . . .

Could it be possible that SW and CW were engaging in the erotic asphyxia thing? If so, SW never saw it coming. Just passed out and that was it. Would that fit this scenario?

Trippin' out.
I do not believe so because that would mean it was accidental and it surely was not. Or do you mean that is how he murdered her when she wasn't sleeping and yet no defensive injuries - so it was purposeful on his part? That is possible. We would never know. I just don't think he would admit to that so we would never know unless he changes his story yet again. MOO. On second thought, I would think she would not try such a dangerous game while pregnant. But I don't know what people who are into that think about its riskiness as it is not my thing.

Wait..Wait..so he is saying Bella saw him and he smothered the girls at the oil site??..she watched CeeCee die and saw her get dropped in the tank?? ..I cant even. wth??
(catching-up)
That’s exactly what he is saying.

It makes him look even more depraved than I ever imagined.

Last edited:
Quoting my own post.

Googled it. Interview of the porch interview. We've all seen it, but I want to watch again....

Yep, I have never thought as most of us - that THIS man was one who got caught up in a blind rage and never intended to murder his entire family. It just does not fit. Zero grief. Just afraid to be caught, nervous to be on camera, and a manipulative mind on display. Not a man whose entire world was unexpectedly turned upside down 36 hours beforehand. MOO

ETA: his "remembrances" that he missed...I remember us all commenting on this...what bizarre things like missing telling them to eat their dinner or they won't get their snacks...it all makes sense that this man searched the internet for what it feels like for someone to say I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd