OR - Public health emergency declared over measles anti-vax hotspot near Portland and NY, Jan 2019

There isn't any big anti-vax movement in the UK. Like Sweden it's all free.

I think the reason anti-vaxxers exist in such big numbers in the US is partly due to poverty embarrassment. If someone can't afford shots for their kids it suits them to believe all the anti-vax nonsense. Over generations this attitude has snowballed.
I would have to do some searching, but I believe I’ve read/heard that a lot of the anti-vax movement are affluent people. I know in my social circle, the ones who question the necessity of all of the vaccines currently given are all college educated people. Anyone who qualifies for Medicaid for their children would get vaccines for free. Anyone with any type of health insurance through the exchange or their employer would also get vaccines for free. I don’t think it’s money that’s driving the questions.

A fake report.Fake. It has been shown to be fake

People love believing a lie. It is hard to get them to believe the truth.

They do not believe doctors but believe Jenny McCarthy.
There are highly respected physicians who speak out against some of the vaccines though. It’s not all just Jenny McCarthy followers. I have a dear friend who is very well-known and respected as a board certified emergency room physician. His son has autism. He’s done his research. He strongly believes vaccines are a concern. He’s not an uneducated idiot who doesn’t know how to read a research article. It’s possible for two educated, knowledgeable people to research a topic and arrive at very different opinions. ‍♀️

The reason vaccinations were blamed is because a scientist put out a report claiming the MMR causes autism in 1985. It caught like wildfire.
Yes, I know about that false report, and for parents who were afraid of their children becoming autistic, it was an easy choice to belive in the report and to skip vaccinating their children, rather than begin looking for other reasons for autism.

Yes, there have been lots of dangerous chemicals around for a long time, and they have caused many poisonings and deaths for millenia, and the poisons have accumulated during that time, as nothing really goes away in nature, it only gets out of sight. Perhaps today the environment is so saturated with chemicals that there are those who become ill/affected by just a tiny amount too much.

As for poisons in fish (digoxin and PCB), I have lived near the shores of the Baltic Sea for many years, and there is a recommendation that children, fertile, pregnant and breastfeeding women should not eat fat fish (salmon and herring) from the Baltic Sea more than 2 - 3 times a year!

There are highly respected physicians who speak out against some of the vaccines though. It’s not all just Jenny McCarthy followers. I have a dear friend who is very well-known and respected as a board certified emergency room physician. His son has autism. He’s done his research. He strongly believes vaccines are a concern. He’s not an uneducated idiot who doesn’t know how to read a research article. It’s possible for two educated, knowledgeable people to research a topic and arrive at very different opinions. ‍♀️

People have emotional reasons for wanting to believe something. There appears to be a genetic link with some kids.

I lived in a world where there were no vaccinations until polio.

People can go to cemetaries and see how many children used to die. There were so many children that were blind and deaf that we had state schools. And of course, I had classmates that were blind and deaf in regular classes back in the day.

People who had polio as children are now having issues from it as the elderly.

Chicken pox. Shingles.Some people never recover from the pain.

The reason vaccinations were blamed is because a scientist put out a report claiming the MMR causes autism in 1985. It caught like wildfire.

Some good articles about the faked research:

Autism/MMR Vaccine Study Faked: FAQ

20 years ago, research fraud catalyzed the anti-vaccination movement. Let’s not repeat history.

Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal finds - CNN.com

And an extra:

No MMR-Autism Link in Large Study of Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated Kids | Autism Speaks

In the largest-ever study of its kind, researchers again found that the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine did not increase risk for autism spectrum disorder (ASD). This proved true even among children already considered at high risk for the disorder.

In all, the researchers analyzed the health records of 95,727 children, including more than 15,000 children unvaccinated at age 2 and more than 8,000 still unvaccinated at age 5. Nearly 2,000 of these children were considered at risk for autism because they were born into families that already had a child with the disorder.

Rockland measles outbreak: Confirmed cases rise to 130

Rockland health officials said last month that a lack of cooperation from a small number of people has made it more difficult to contain the measles outbreak.

Spread of measles could send 2,550 students home if virus reaches Spokane schools | The Spokesman-Review

Spokane Public Schools reported this week there are about 2,550 of the district’s nearly 32,000 students who may not have received the vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR). Those students may be ordered home by health officials should an outbreak in southwest Washington reach Spokane schools this winter.

Northwest measles outbreak prompts look at vaccine exemptions

Last edited:
O/T, but in another place

50,000 infected in Madagascar measles outbreak

Health officials here believe that vaccine coverage was at less than 50% at the start of this outbreak because of a weak, underfunded health system, and a failure of routine immunization delivery.

For herd immunity to work -- when enough people are vaccinated that the disease can't get a toe-hold -- coverage needs to be at around 95%.

Perhaps it's time for those in the anti-wax movement to start looking closer to home for why children gets autistic. It may be their choice to skip vaccinations that causes autism, as a large Swedish study (41 years and 1,8 million children) have found a connection between pregnant women who have had infections such as influenza, pneumonia and blood poisoning and a risk that their child gets autism, a 79 times higher risk than for children whose mothers didn't get these infections. https://www.gp.se/nyheter/göteborg/infektioner-hos-gravida-ger-ökad-risk-för-autism-1.13881138 The study have also shown that an "ordinary" urinary tract infection can add to the child suffering from depression later on.

False and disproven claim?

I have not read where they have proven it is not from vaccines, I must have missed that tidbit.

If they don’t know what causes it then how do they what doesn’t cause it.

I graduated HS “74” never ever were there kids with autism. Never in public, on vacation, never. How did it all the sudden surface?

I'd like them to do a study that includes all kids with autism; get their medical records too. My nephew is autistic, so is my friends son; both were vaccinated on schedule. They were both normal little boys that ran around and played, they were talking, used to eat everything in sight until one day after getting their vaccines at about 18 months old the lights got shut out. My own daughter was not vaccinated on schedule. I don 't recall how late I was getting it but she's fine. I don't recall why hers were late. She was probably sick. Back then I knew enough not to let my kids have vaccines when they were sick just in case they had a reaction. I wanted to know the reaction was due to the vaccine

My son was born in 1985; my daughter in 1993. At one point I realized my daughter was being given more vaccines then her brother. At one point they wanted to give her the chicken pox vaccine which was new at the time. Back then I refused it because it was so new I didn't think they knew any consequences and whether it would affect her being able to have kids. This is what I worried about back then with no internet. Us parents would talk on the phone about vaccines, especially after both boys were changed after they got a vaccine. Now I'm curious what's the difference between the measles vaccine my son was given in the 80's to what our kids got in the 90's.

I've already had shingles at age 51 on my left eye lid right at my eye lashes. It was the worst pain I've felt in my life. I've yet to have the shingles vaccine because I've read about side effects which would hit me; I've also read that it's only effective for 1 out of 35 people so it may not even help me if I risk it. Then I go back to that chicken pox vaccine I refused for my daughter; did I make the biggest mistake of my life? Will she get shingles like I did?

My husband fought HPV positive tonsil cancer in 2009. My gyno wanted me to give my daughter the Gardasil vaccine to which I've already done research on, I told her no. Now they have a new version; my daughter is 25; the gyno has tried to get her to take it and I'm unsure if she has; I think she's had 2 of the 3 doses. She has a lot of health problems; should not have been given it and wouldn't you know that her health has declined even more. Now they think she has brittle bone disease at 25 years old. I was on facebook 2 weeks ago, there's a viral post going around with a little girl looking at 30 pages laid out on the floor of the Gardasil legal paperwork showing various side effects. 30 pages! Yet they want to give this to young girls and boys. From what I hear it's making them sterile.

I will continue to question vaccines; especially now that I have grand kids. My grandson has gotten vaccines when he's sick which I don't believe in. Not only that, his old pediatrician used to give multiple vaccines at once. I used to beg my daughter not to do it, just give 2 and an oral, I'll drive you back (she wasn't driving at the time) to get the rest even if it takes 3 visits but she refused saying she trusted the doctor and that they'd call CPS on her; where she got that I'm clueless! My little grandson had 4 or 5 band-aides on his legs and 2 oral vaccines at once. When he came home he was miserable, running a fever.

Last edited:
It really bothers that people are so freaked out about autism that they would rather have their child die than get vaccines.

Bill Gates says he has autism. There is a whole lkst of famous people with autism.

And if not famous, I know kids with autism who graduated from college. And there are kids with autism with other skills.

I wonder how people with autism feel knowing some people would rather their child be dead or incapacitated from a preventable disease.

The cemetaries are full with children who died prevaxx.

But facts and even real view of cemetaries and schools for deaf and blind in the past do not matter.

There isn't any big anti-vax movement in the UK. Like Sweden it's all free.

I think the reason anti-vaxxers exist in such big numbers in the US is partly due to poverty embarrassment. If someone can't afford shots for their kids it suits them to believe all the anti-vax nonsense. Over generations this attitude has snowballed.

There may be some truth in this. In Canada, where vaccinations are free, low income people are more likely to default on their vaccinated than high income people. High income families tend to be better educated and get their information from reliable sources.

These are the Canadians less likely to vaccinate — and why they’re hesitant

I'd like them to do a study that includes all kids with autism; get their medical records too. My nephew is autistic, so is my friends son; both were vaccinated on schedule. They were both normal little boys that ran around and played, they were talking, used to eat everything in sight until one day after getting their vaccines at about 18 months old the lights got shut out [...].

You might like to take a look at this SEED Study from the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention. It's a huge scientific study into Autism. It is believed that autism begins in utero, long before parents notice symptoms, and well before vaccinations.

Data and Statistics on Autism Spectrum Disorder | CDC

I'd like them to do a study that includes all kids with autism; get their medical records too.
Snipped for focus

There have been an enormous number of studies examining the long term effect of vaccinations and the (non-existent) connection to autism. These are a few from just a few minutes with Google. There are many, many more.

Vaccines and Autism: A Tale of Shifting Hypotheses

Another study concludes the MMR vaccine does not cause autism

Immunization Safety Review: Vaccines and Autism - NCBI Bookshelf

Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and Causality - PubMed - NCBI

Vaccines and Autism | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1469-7610.2005.01425.x

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

Vaccine Safety: Examine the Evidence

. I was on facebook 2 weeks ago, there's a viral post going around with a little girl looking at 30 pages laid out on the floor of the Gardasil legal paperwork showing various side effects. 30 pages!
Facebook... Viral post... And you know this is accurate because... ?

From what I hear it's making them sterile.

Is there any MSM, study, or legitimate medical source to support this?

I would suggest that the many long term studies involving thousands upon thousands of children might provide a more accurate picture of the safety of vaccines than some anonymous viral meme.

On another note... Statistically, states that are closer to Canada have higher SAT scores. Correlation does not prove causation.

And the "White Elephant in the Room" is the prevalence of illegal aliens, who have not been screened and had medical vaccinations before being allowed entry into the United States. INA 212 (a)(1)

Borders protect people inside of them. We welcome immigrants, who follow Immigration laws, made to protect citizens.

There may be some truth in this. In Canada, where vaccinations are free, low income people are more likely to default on their vaccinated than high income people. High income families tend to be better educated and get their information from reliable sources.

These are the Canadians less likely to vaccinate — and why they’re hesitant

In the US, it's more the Whole Foods crowd.

http://drninashapiro.com/portfolio/why-are-rich-to-not-vaccinate-their-children-in-the-us

Vaccines are widely available for little to no cost. It's not the inner cities or rural areas that are having outbreaks, it's the wealthier areas.

Last edited:
Remember back in the day when states had schools for deaf and blind children? Why do you suppose we do not have those anymore?
Re: "schools for deaf and blind children"
These schools still exist. . . in my state and in most states in the nation.
List of schools for the deaf - Wikipedia
Category:Schools for the blind in the United States - Wikipedia

Florida School for the Deaf and Blind - Wikipedia
https://www.fsdbk12.org/about

Florida School for the Deaf and Blind
The Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind is a state-supported boarding school for deaf and blind children[1] established in 1885, in St. Augustine, Florida, United States.
[...]
The school is now the largest school of its type in the United States with 47 buildings on 82 acres (330,000 m2) of land. The school now has an annual budget of over $30 million, up from its original of $20,000. It currently serves 600 students on campus and 400 infants/toddlers and their parents through the statewide Parent Infant Program.[4]

The school is Florida's primary public school for children who are deaf or blind.
[...]

Remember back in the day when states had schools for deaf and blind children? Why do you suppose we do not have those anymore?
I don’t know about other states, but here in Indiana we have Indiana School for the Deaf and Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired. Both are in Indianapolis.

It really bothers that people are so freaked out about autism that they would rather have their child die than get vaccines.

Bill Gates says he has autism. There is a whole lkst of famous people with autism.

And if not famous, I know kids with autism who graduated from college. And there are kids with autism with other skills.

I wonder how people with autism feel knowing some people would rather their child be dead or incapacitated from a preventable disease.

The cemetaries are full with children who died prevaxx.

But facts and even real view of cemetaries and schools for deaf and blind in the past do not matter.
What is called autism has such a wide range. From people that have some trouble interacting socially with others to those with profound issues, non-verbal, etc. None of which has anything to do with vaccination, as autism isn't caused by vaccinations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back