Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

PANOLA COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - It’s been nearly two months since an East Texas mother went missing, and family and friends are concerned the community will forget about their beloved daughter and friend.

“She’s either being held against her will or she’s not with us any longer,” Lauren Thompson’s father says.

It’s a chilling thought from a desperate father.

Missing woman’s family is desperate for answers

PANOLA COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - It’s been nearly two months since an East Texas mother went missing, and family and friends are concerned the community will forget about their beloved daughter and friend.

“She’s either being held against her will or she’s not with us any longer,” Lauren Thompson’s father says.

It’s a chilling thought from a desperate father.

Missing woman’s family is desperate for answers

I feel so sorry for her family.

I just finished reading the 11 pages and I want to make sure I understand a few key points.
There are 4 key men in Lauren's past and
Lauren has three children:
Eldest child- fathered by man she never married
Middle child- father is Lauren's first husband- divorced
Youngest child- father is Lauren's second husband, divorce was in process, he has been incarcerated for 7 months prior to disappearance and remains incarcerated

An ex-boyfriend- since the time of her last separation, with whom she had no children but lived with.

Lauren had primary custody of her 3 children, and they lived primarily at her mother's (and fathers) home.

Did I get these parts right?

I have some Gardian Ad Litem experience.

The absolute best thing for the childrens' well being (no matter how any of this turns out) is for each of them to be assigned a GAL. They will be the voice of each child in this situation. They will be the only ones with nothing to gain or lose in the process. They aren't paid, but they are trained and vetted. If it is best for the children to remain together, primarily with Lauren's mom and where I understand them to be living, then the GAL will be key in making that happen. They go on the stand so the kids don't have to and they report on their well being within certain circumstances. The only way a child can be appointed one is by CPS becoming involved.

Anytime a single parent with primary custody us unable to care for children whether by absence or illness, and there is no clear cut road prior, like equal shared custody with another parent or a pre appointed gaurdian, CPS steps in.

guardian ad litem

To me, this is good news, nothing fishy.

Lauren and her 3 children lived with the ex-boyfriend, moved out after they broke up - moved in with her parents?

I have some Gardian Ad Litem experience.

The absolute best thing for the childrens' well being (no matter how any of this turns out) is for each of them to be assigned a GAL. They will be the voice of each child in this situation. They will be the only ones with nothing to gain or lose in the process. They aren't paid, but they are trained and vetted. If it is best for the children to remain together, primarily with Lauren's mom and where I understand them to be living, then the GAL will be key in making that happen. They go on the stand so the kids don't have to and they report on their well being within certain circumstances. The only way a child can be appointed one is by CPS becoming involved.

Anytime a single parent with primary custody us unable to care for children whether by absence or illness, and there is no clear cut road prior, like equal shared custody with another parent or a pre appointed gaurdian, CPS steps in.

guardian ad litem

To me, this is good news, nothing fishy.
Thank you. This is what I thought.

I just finished reading the 11 pages and I want to make sure I understand a few key points.
There are 4 key men in Lauren's past and
Lauren has three children:
Eldest child- fathered by man she never married
Middle child- father is Lauren's first husband- divorced
Youngest child- father is Lauren's second husband, divorce was in process, he has been incarcerated for 7 months prior to disappearance and remains incarcerated

An ex-boyfriend- since the time of her last separation, with whom she had no children but lived with.

Lauren had primary custody of her 3 children, and they lived primarily at her mother's (and fathers) home.

Did I get these parts right?
I like how you pulled the information together and outlined the key points!

From others previous posts -

Lauren worked in a nursing home.
Lauren lived in the Carthage area.
Lauren had custody of her 3 children.
Her parents lived 60 miles away.

So her parents being daily babysitters would not be an option living 60 miles away.

Who watched the children while she worked?

And what was she doing in an unfamiliar area in the middle of a school/work day?

All of her children are old enough they would have been in school.

I haven't seen reference in any of the news articles/LE statements about why she would have been in that area, but I do know that nursing home day shifts are often 6 am-2 pm and 2-10 pm, so she could have just been getting off.

No updates since 28 Feb 2019 :/

Lane Luckie‏Verified account @LaneLuckie

MISSING MOM: Family offering $5K reward for info leading to return of missing #EastTexas woman https://bit.ly/2H58oeN • Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32 • Approx. 5′ 5″ & 190 lbs • Brown hair, brown eyes • Last wearing dark colored pants or leggings, dark-colored hoodie

D0fSOtMXcAEeLV5.jpg

Lane Luckie on Twitter

‘Missing in America’ series brings national focus to missing Panola County woman’s story

The case of a missing East Texas woman is receiving national attention, with hope that someone might have a tip to give local law enforcement.

‘Missing in America,’ which is part of the Dateline news program, is covering the story of Lauren Colvin Thompson, 32, who was last seen on January 10, 2019. She called 911 at 2:24 that afternoon, saying she was in a wooded area and thought someone was chasing her.

[...]

‘Missing in America’ series brings national focus to missing Panola County woman’s story

The case of a missing East Texas woman is receiving national attention, with hope that someone might have a tip to give local law enforcement.

‘Missing in America,’ which is part of the Dateline news program, is covering the story of Lauren Colvin Thompson, 32, who was last seen on January 10, 2019. She called 911 at 2:24 that afternoon, saying she was in a wooded area and thought someone was chasing her.

[...]
Is this what they are talking about in the article?

APR 1 2019, 4:38 PM ET
“[SBM]

‘On January 10, at 2:24 in the afternoon, our 911 operator received a call from a female reporting she was in a wooded area and she thought someone was chasing her,’ Panola County, Texas Sheriff Kevin Lake told Dateline. ‘We could hear background noise and it was clear she was running.’

Sheriff Lake told Dateline the female caller identified herself as Lauren Colvin Thompson and sounded ‘disoriented and confused’ as she told the operator she had fled her vehicle. Through 911 phone pings, officers quickly obtained a general area of where Lauren had called from, and located her vehicle within a few minutes. It was stuck in the mud on the side of a road in the Rock Hill community outside Panola County.

The 911 call actually lasted for 21 or 22 minutes,’ Sheriff Lake said. Dateline has not listened to the 911 call, as authorities say it’s still part of sealed evidence in her case. While the 911 operator still had Lauren on the phone, officers were also able to get in touch with people Lauren said she was with earlier in the day.

‘One person she was with told us they had been in the area, reportedly fishing,’ Sheriff Lake said. The friend had been in the car with Lauren when he said she ran off the road. ‘He said he then told her he was going to walk to his house to get a vehicle to get them out of the mud, but then she took off running into the woods.’

[SBM]

Despite the search efforts, investigators say they are no closer to finding Lauren.

‘We have nothing to indicate foul play is involved,’ Sheriff Lake told Dateline. ‘But again, just like anyone being a suspect, we haven’t ruled anything out.’

[SBM]

Lauren’s three children, aged 3, 5, and 9, are currently living with [Lauren’s mom] Torie [Colvin] in Fort Worth. Lauren’s family is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to her safe return. Police urge anyone with information to come forward.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Texas mother Lauren Colvin Thompson still missing after sounding ‘disoriented and confused’ on 911 call

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back